1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the "Transparency" on the GearScore requirements for AoB?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by iller, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Claydough

Have you concidered just getting more gear

This game is literally centered around progressing you gear, its the ONLY thing you’re ever progressing

Stuff like this is ment to motivate to you get better gear, it did for me when hystria had its ap cap removed, i increased my gear to grind that, and same with the abyss ruins motivated me to get full pen armours just so i could experience the higher level game play, and now with the arena and ash forrest, im pushing to 300ap and 360+dp

If you dont want to progress in a game designed to have people progress, then sick to the cookie cutter content and stick to rounds 1-3

Ѧ| Chaotic and Hearts like this.
  2. iller

....which brings us back the TITLE of THIS THREAD?

Did you READ it?? Do you even understand that you just told me "Go Farm, pleb" but none of the Design or Publishing team has told any of us WHAT that next Tier needs to be? My DPS is TET'd already, has been ever since I got back from having a broken GPU fan. But that's clearly not enough if you read what their official statement in the patch notes implied.

Honestly your entire argument is "Well you're clearly not ONE OF US so shuttup and learn to play ...and stop talking bad about this content that was made just for US." ....get that Tribalism out of here. We're not rooting for Sports Teams or political parties here. Get on my level when it comes to requesting CLEAR GOALS and proper Developer communication that was promised

#42 iller, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  3. RobinSan

I never said gear score barely matters mister Commadore Coder! EVERYONE knows that gear > skills in BDO, that does not imply that Alter Of Blood requires only gearscore, still the co-op and communication needs to be there..
    Also if you need 3 people with 281 ap and 320 dp to clear wave 8 - 9 and 10. That should motivate you to grind for money and get better stuff Commadore Coder. You should set the goal to reach that gear and then try to complete wave 8 - 9 -10.

I would be disappointed if this could be completed at 220 ap 250dp.

Also remember Peal Abyss and Kakao are companies and need to make money!! Lot's of money to keep the game going. So content for higher gear means more money (from e.g Artisans / cashshop items) for them...
    This is old news buddy, and you should accept these terms or write your own code and go play the BDO Commadore version.

iller likes this.
  4. 2Cents

Your assessment is correct about the gear score. The correct design for a system like this would be the highest stages requiring the best GS. They mentioned already doing Stages 11+ in the future.

However, these should have been done
    • No energy - No feeding
    • Auto group leans toward similar GS
    Finally, these companies never "need" the money. They are financially sound companies. They just "want ALL the money" which is very different.

5. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Wait, so grown adults cant have money and play BDO? It's parents money? See this is why I don't like you. You bring stupid crap into the mix that has literally no bearing or logic.

All I see here is a grown adult stamping their feet crying that the world isn't fair. I have bad rng, others are ahead because of rich parents, etc etc..... you are the type of adult that goes no where in life because you make excuses. You are projecting that here very strongly. Sorry if it offends you..... not sorry.

Luxea, Ѧ| Chaotic and fenzz like this.
  6. CM Goodvibesguy

Community Manager

Please keep the conversation on topic and do not antagonize others or their opinions.

Ѧ| Chaotic, Phoenixxx75 and Ventesa like this.
  7. Skilliard

You won't get to the highest of gear scores required to clear stage 10 without spending money on things like tents, artisans, selling pearl items for silver to buy caphras stones/memes, melting costumes for valks/crons, etc.

8. TwilightAngel

Huh?

This doesnt push anything to P2W lol also not seeing how grinding means P2W LOL

God NA/EU player base whines over anything thats hard and is not given to you with in 5 min

Smileybones likes this.
  9. RobinSan

I reached 281 ap and I only bought a tent. So far I never sold pearl items for ingame money. So I think your statement does not apply on me, and if I can do it so many others can do it to....

I can easily grind a billion a week.. so why would I spend real money to progress...

Second If I would join a hardcore guild with NW and play hardcore I could probably push it 2, 3 bilion a week.

I don't need the p2w money with 1 bilion a week, it just takes me longer than if I would spend money, but I don't find it worth my money compared to the progress I make already

10. woots

You need the highest gear possible to get the reward = it so push the gear gambling ( so CS usage to make it "easier" ) or even more grind to get money for the market + still CS usage for even more possible income.

God somes ppl are just blind. But that's the only thing they can hope for after all, nice compliant players

And so, good for you if you think that's the top notch pve content, i mean after like what ? 3years or so that's the first time they more or less do something else than copy paste grind spot.
    Guess that feel like THE revolution for somes.

11. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Wrong, not everyone is a minmaxer and aim for the best reward. Actually this content is the opposite of what you say and is for almost everyone.

Yeah, it's not like Pearl Abyss introduced any instanced group content before.

Also, sorry to burst your bubble, but currently only high end players can clear all stages, which makes it the litteral definition of top notch current PVE content.

#51 Smileybones, Jul 11, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 and fenzz like this.
  12. fenzz

i second this, this is true to not just him. but many others on this forum.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  13. crosspath

But here, in real world, geared people need income for PEN tries, non geared people need income for PRI, DUO, TRI, TET and finally PEN, so yeah, you are right and reality is wrong.

Good luck, you need it.

#53 crosspath, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019
    KhaosThanathan and DocPepper like this.
  14. FreeWill

I agree so much they are catering to their most spending players -whales- lately that us common mortals are being left behind with the same old content. what even is the point anymore?

15. crosspath

Great patch, second subscription for lifeskillers, or third if they use kama buff, and then this instance only for elites.

Definitely this is the content we need to attract more players.

And then the Heidel Ball BS continuation, where Pearl Abyss guys forge convenient questions easy to reply while showing (once again) that they do not play or ever played their own game. This is what they call "communication"... Better stay silent, we end up getting exactly the same amount of real info. NONE.

#55 crosspath, Jul 11, 2019
  16. fenzz

actually what you said support his argument. geared people need income for pen. which is ALOT MORE money than non geared players need for pri duo and tri. when they get enough gear to reach pen then they will need the same thing.

NO, this is not a catchup content.

#56 fenzz, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019
  17. crosspath

Silver you need NOW, is not the same than TOTAL silver you need.

Easy to understand...

18. fenzz

i predicted your ignorance and specially added that line for you.

what part of "this is not a catchup content" didnt you understand?

19. crosspath

So saying "this is not a catch up content", means that only geared people have the right to go PEN? Or just that we have to argue under your ridiculous premises? LUL

Oh sorry, great lord, tell us all how to play...

Should be careful cause mods will execute me in my first mishap while it seems that other can insult right and left... Get more triggered and you will finally get the prize.

20. Myntiix

Illers posts always make me laugh how entitelt a single person can be.

Litteraly, " im a casual, why cant i do end game content like all the other big bois? "

Ѧ| Chaotic, Hearts and fenzz like this.