1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the "Transparency" on the GearScore requirements for AoB?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by iller, Jul 10, 2019.

1. fenzz

you seem mad my friend. settle down.

my point was that if you want to catch up. you need to put in more effort than those you want to catchup too. otherwise you are asking for handouts.

you can enjoy this mode the same way high geared players can. you will only reach the levels your gears allow you. and you will get less rewards. as fitting those who put more effort into their progress

oh and yes, my gear allows me to lord over you just like it does in the actual open world. deal with it.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  2. Hearts

Hearts Valkyrie 62 EU

600 gs here, never bought a single artisan memory, or sold any pearl item for silver. The only costumes I melt were the one I bought with silver on the marketplace. I did buy the tent for convenience of using villa buff for pvp only.
    You don't need to p2w to reach high gear, just dedication.

Sillan and Ѧ| Chaotic like this.
  3. crosspath

No, you did not say that, you replied to a comment that was not even targetted to you, where I stated that saying that geared people need more resources is a total stupidity, and you attacked me, period, I did not speak about anything related to this new area in that comment. So don't try to change the topic.

#63 crosspath, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019
  4. Maginha

Nr4 for most dense thread for this week until now, keep it up guys

5. fenzz

geared people do need more resources to progress. that's a fact. the fact you think that "progress" is reaching PEN is your own interpertation. progress is getting more stats and making your character stronger than it currently is.

gear people need 10 times the amount of money and resources to acquire more states than none geared persons do.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  6. Myntiix

Nooo nooo stop this, he can handle only this much, youre gonna break him apart!!11!1

7. crosspath

Geared people need more resources to pay for their NEXT step, while non geared need less to pay for their NEXT step but still need far more than geared in TOTAL.

And as you are talking about this new instance, that has some requirements, that means that both geared or non geared need to reach those AP/DP levels, that means, yeah, you won't like it, non geared people need to get more resources TOTAL to start getting to the same stages while geared people are close to the requirements already. Fair? unfair? I did not speak about that in that comment.

#67 crosspath, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019
  8. fenzz

the world isnt fair. surprising..

who said geared and none geared people need to reach the same stage? obviously if the ungeared person want to reach the same sage as the geared person he will need to.. get this.. CATCH UP TO HIM so his TOTAL is actually him trying to catch up. since this isnt aimed at making people catch up. your argument doesnt make any sense.

people play the stage their gear allows them to. if you wanna do the higher stages. put the effort to increase your gear.
    but this has nothign to do with progress in general. progressing in this game mode, yes. but like you even said so yourself. that wasnt what you are talking about when you implied less geared people need more gear to progress now did you?

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  9. TeRRoRibleOne

Fails to realize that there are a ton of geared players who have done none of those items except maybe the tent

Crimson_Scarlet and Ѧ| Chaotic like this.
  10. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Would you say attempting a PEN Accessory is more than 4x more expensive than attempting a TET?

If so then I am right. And you missed the entire point.

11. woots

The thing i've read from someone speaking about the wave, the first one requier 200AP, and the 3rd or 4th seem tor requier a pretty high gear, and without much doubt even more after that
    unless nothing change in term of monster power / resistance so can clean everything with a group of 200AP players, which would be more than surprising.

Like ? the tower defense barely played after few weeks because its boring to death ? or like... hum.. something else ?
    Boss can hardly be considered as "group content" since you have 0 mechanic actualy involving others players beside additional damages , they could balance boss HP / AP to match a 1v1 fight it would make no difference in the gameplay ( i insist on gameplay, seeing XX players aside from you fighting a boss at this point is only a immersion to simulate a "epic fight" )
    Oh and the supposed "group grind spot" same things as the boss, others players are just additonnal damage, but 0 change for the gameplay

I mean, 2 group "content" in 3 more years... thoses guys are going to be able to compet with the DayZ devs

If only "high end players can clear all stage" actualy you just confirm what i was guessing from PA work and intent : That content is made for players that grinded / p2w enough to get the "best gear" = if you want to go play that, you will need to match a certain GS, so grind your *ss off, or p2w hard enough.

12. yukishiro1

Indeed, this is the stupid thing about it. It doesn't matter how good you actually are at fighting mobs, if you don't have ranged classes it's essentially impossible and if you don't have enough AP to clear the mobs before they kill the altar it doesn't matter how good you are, you'll lose every time.

This is the opposite of skill-based content. It's totally class and AP based.

Felyni likes this.
  13. Blitzball

Show your Kakao cash transaction history or fake.

600GS is impossible without heavy P2W

14. Purr

lol u can buy gear its just walk up to the market with enough silver and buy the gear u want

15. Blitzball

On NA maybe. There are no PEN on EU. And it's impossible to save 19 billions silvers if you're not selling costumes

16. Purr

really? lifeskillers do it all the time lol one of my trader friends just did a massive haul of trade crates and made 20 bill off of it

17. Blitzball

Yea i can do it too. Just save crates for 2 years. 4head

18. Purr

he did it in 3 months lol

19. Exaah

people farm a lot, 10-12h a day
    just this week I know at least 5 people in my guild that bought a pen with money they farmed, no p2w

just farm and put the preorder, it's not gonna fall from the sky without effort

Sillan, Smileybones and Maginha like this.
  20. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Tapping your tets x200 times until you finally hit PEN is a merit too - the merit of persistent effort. Not that I expect certain people to understand.

Dunno if he's always this way but for sure there are several people on this forum where if something happens in the patch notes and it's not rng-free and effort-free reward, they instantly cry here. Case in point: Event gives practically free DUO accessories with a chance at TRI and they cryhard for weeks on this forum because they have to do miniscule effort to earn the thing that's guaranteed.