1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the "Transparency" on the GearScore requirements for AoB?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by iller, Jul 10, 2019.

1. easay9

I mean pretty much this while the mode is designed for a 3 person party why is wave 1 the easiest quick little defense then wave 2 is basically impossible to complete at soft cap gear without a certain class on the field. Like I get they want challenge but this is a joke and the rewards are very very bad 100k gold bars and blackstones wooo unless you go way higher in floor you get low AF chances to make it worth your time. Which is exactly what they said the rich get richer and they have no reason to.

If all the PVE content they are releasing now is going to be rewarding the people that spent money to Pay2Win for their gear then don't expect many people to stick around BDOs content has been on a decline for a while now. They keep giving new classes and new places to grind solo thats not content

2. crosspath

Yeah, and you and only you will try PENs, new players will never try them.

Yeah, you are right, in your imagination.

3. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You obviously totally missed the point on the thread in regard to the accessory event. The dissatisfaction was the fact that people could exert the same amount of effort but due to rng could get a completely different reward. A celebration event should have given the same reward for the same effort.

4. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Okay by that logic my point still stands. To buy a PEN you need 20B+ for an accessory.

If you a new player.... that should not be in immediate reach.

What you are basically saying contradicts your own point, and agrees with mine. Whether you enchant something or buy it from the market you still need a boat load of income. That income is driven by life skills and grinding high end areas which require gear.

A TRI Accessory will run between 2b and 5b depending on demand and what it is. Where as a TET is running 10B to 15B and a PEN is running double that.

So again I ask again does it not make sense that higher gear players have higher income to progress and achieve the next threshold of gear whether that is TET or PEN?

A new player can hit softcap gear faster and easier than a veteran player playing every day can get that next upgrade once they are above softcap.

Also in order for your logic to stand up on its own SOMEONE has to enchant those items for you to buy. Which means SOMEONE has to be farming high end areas for those items and or the silver to buy them off the market to make them.

So no its not in my imagination, it is a fact of the natural progression from new player to veteran player. TET/TRI gear is really easy to get, thats the truth. It is a whole nother story once you start pushing for TET accessories. Then once there it becomes exponentially harder and more expensive to break through to PEN.

5. ghoulz666

Could have avoided this mess if there were some proper tiers with their own separate gear score requirements and loot drops, rather than if you only got X amount of AP, you can only enjoy 15 minutes...