1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

While I've been earning my XP, everyone else has been AFK'ing 5x faster

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Melirae, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Melirae

Feeling pretty peeved at the rate of XP gained from training dummies. It's obscene! While I've been earning my XP with daily, boosted grinds, my entire guild has lapped me on leveling. Since leading the guild to Lvl 61 in April 2018 - I've gone from the highest in the guild to now near the bottom. Now, with the XP book event on discount, I tried the AFK dummies now and I'm suddenly gaining XP 5x faster without having to do anything. What a stupid system! Training should NEVER provide more XP than real gameplay time and real gameplay combat.

Chojin and Allan1985 like this.
  2. RengerEl

It doesn't, so I guess that fixes your issue.

UrbanNoodles✅, Jena, JM and 11 others like this.
  3. Melirae

It does. I've earned more XP from AFK dummy-punching in 2 days than I would normally earn from 2x weeks of daily boosted grinding.

Allan1985 likes this.
  4. WinterMilla

Depends on were you where grinding, how fast you were killing mobs, and if there was marnie stones present.

XxShaiHealerxX and SilverWolf like this.
  5. Spyroxion

Would help us to know your lvl and where you try to grind... if you're lvl 61 try grinding at Polly Forest, it's very easy area and offers great exp and skill exp. There are areas that neats really good silver / hr but at the same time really bad exp. We need more data to know what are you complaining about.

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

stop grass beetle abuse!

PitchBlack, Aelisah, Myntiix and 3 others like this.
  7. Melirae

I'm talking about the daily XP rate, not the hourly rate (the grinding areas I go to are mixed and relative). You shouldn't have to do 10 hours of manual grinding per day to 'maybe' keep ahead of someone who AFK dummy trains for 10 hours a day. The IRL rationale is keeping your sanity (as most of us work and sleep), the in-game rationale is that training is never as effective as experiencing real-time action. Obviously human grinding will never keep up with an AFK activity (most sane people plateau after an hour or two tops), but that effort should never be outshined (tenfold!) by a handlful of silvers and a button-click.
    Now that I've seen how effective the dummies are I have no reason the ever do PvE combat again - something I've been so loyal to BDO for so long.

8. Melirae

Daily work for years - taken over by people who arrived late, clicked a button and went to sleep.

Allan1985 likes this.
  9. Khondo

I can quest XP faster than dummies, so not sure what grinding you are doing.

10. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I believe what is being described here is the total rate for the day broken down per hour. I.e. dummies run 24/7 where as grind gain is determined by how long per day you grind, and fluctuates based on where you grind and how efficiently you do so

But you also have to consider that grinding nets income, dummies net expense.

Personally,....grind for silver, never grind for exp. The exp will come on its on.

11. Kogionmitsu

https://www.blackdesertfoundry.com/training-manual-afk-leveling-guide/

No, they haven't, and if they have you are doing something terribly wrong.

It takes 660 hours/27.5 days to go from 60-61 using the dummies. An extremely casual player is capable of pushing 60-61 in less than a single day from Kama and Drieghan sidequests alone. Grinding instead of questing? Two days max.

Not sure what you're doing wrong, but thinking that the dummies are a factor in regards to you falling behind is quite ridiculous.

tylon, Myntiix, Kanimae and 2 others like this.
  12. Kogionmitsu

Oh please, now you're just being dramatic.

You're bad at the game and over the course of time that fact has revealed itself to you, accept it and move on. Crying on the forums doesn't achieve anything other than making you look like a petulant child.

13. ghoulz666

I don't know what you're seeing. Either you don't play the game or are just creating a scene. The exp from training is still 1000% inferior.

14. Bob2009

Bob2009 Wizard 61 EU

All i see is bla bla bla grinding bla bla bla worse than training dummies without provind any evidence at all. How about your provide some numbers like GS, class, lvl, grinding area, buffs etc?

15. Sandpit_

It's not an either/or, do both.

The one thing that is bad is Marni stones at 62, why that cap?

16. Denthors

Level 61 - 62: 0,0020% /3 min ~ 0,040% /h afk

you can ez get 1%/h grinding mobs at 61

but if you only grind for 1 hour per day you only get 1%

if your guild-mate do 24/24 afk exp

they also get 1% too

so.. you are a slacker :) grind more then 1 hours per day :)

there is also another factor. its money

afk training 24/24 cost (normally)24 millions per day
    so you can't do it forever., unless you have a passive income of 1m/h

while grinding mobs for 1 hour can get you from 30m to 150m per hours

#16 Denthors, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    UrbanNoodles✅, JM, Myntiix and 2 others like this.
  17. Shaggz

10 hrs on dummy at 62 is .643
    1 hour 5 man trees is 1.213

The lie detector test has determined this post is a lie.

KatieXKhaos69 likes this.
  18. Melirae

It's horrible for the reasons I've already listed above. Read them carefully - only Andaro above seemed to understand without jumping to conclusions. I can provide GS, lvl, grinding area, etc, but it's irrelevant - I'm sure I could stay ahead of an AFK trainer if I went toe-to-toe with them for 10 hours without collapsing - but the issue is why do any grinding when I could just click on a book for relatively comparable XP for an hour, then multiply that by 10 x hours when I sleep? Then another 10 x that during work? Might as well give up on combat entirely cos I'll be rolling in XP.

19. Xeniph

I don't think the OP's intent was to lie. His perspective is just a bit skewed.

He's trying to compare an hour or 2 of grinding at spots with a focus on cash and exp, rather than just exp. To grinding afk for 10+ hours.

He's simply failing to account for the massive time difference over the coarse of weeks.

Of coarse you are going to gain exp 5x faster if you are in essence spending 10x longer afking it. In fact possibly more depending on efficiency of buffs and whatnot.

He's also failing to note the advantage someone manually grinding in short bursts has to their entire account, rather then afking all day every day. Etc...processing,alchemy,cooking and so on.
    Exactly, you could do that. However you lose all other progress this way on your account. No managing your empire, no crafting/processing etc. It's a trade-off.
    It all boils down to what your goals are. If exp is the goal,above all else, then go for it.

#19 Xeniph, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Aelisah likes this.
  20. Melirae

A reasonable perspective, thank you Xeniph. I think a part of my disdain is losing the edge I had in the guild to players who'd used the dummies to jump ahead of me. Felt like a cop-out while I've been grinding every evening with buffs for over a year on L61.