1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

While I've been earning my XP, everyone else has been AFK'ing 5x faster

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Melirae, Jul 27, 2019.

1. BDOMONSTER

Ok so if you are ready for rational answer here it is.

1)turns out you spend your one hour of grinding each day at some of the weakest slots for eco, I don’t really get why the devs do this but higher level areas often are lower exp if you did fogans nagas you do faster than basilisks manshams

2) couple of the spots you grind at are high for your set up 216 ap is low for manshaun so you kill really slow and that means slow xp even if it’s more fun to do full combos to kill things result is still slow xp in bdo is quantity over quality for xp grind.

3) finally your post was poorly worded you made it sound like you get more xp on afk dummy than actually playing which isn’t true nor what you really are saying. Your complaint is that your 1 hour power grind doesn’t net as much do as 24 hours on the dummies which is a very different thing.

My suggestion is embrace bdo and it’s systems if level is important do one hour grind at a place you can make around 23 million silvers then buy 23 hours of training books active your power xp buff and collect afk xp.

2. Bob2009

Bob2009 Wizard 61 EU

Star's end is a 260AP grind area but really you need to be 270-280AP to efficiently grind there. And yes, AP does affect exp because killing them slower means less exp and silver per hr because there is a difference in 3 shotting and 10 shotting the same mob.

PS, your crying is more whiny than me, basically saying oh i dont have gear to grind in a spot, please buff it so i can get the silver/exp i deserve with minimal effort.

3. Korvgubben

@Melirae So you have been grinding extremly casually for an entire year and wonder why ppl have passed you? You honestly must have put very little or no thought in your OP as even the simplest of tests will show you that grinding for 1 hour does give you more exp than hitting dummies for 1 hour.

There have been some honest and polite replies in this thread already that you should take to heart and change how you play if you value your level progress in the game highly because the harsh truth is that the vast majority, if not all, of the ppl who have gone past you the last year would have done so regardless of training dummies. Only exception would be the players who doesnt grind at all.

4. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

My scenario is from the character's perspective, not the player's. If that character goes offline, and just comes on to grind a few hours a day, even at a good spot, of course that character is going to fall short compared to characters who work slowly through the night.

As for the rest I don't know what you're talking about.

5. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

More per hour or in total? If it's per hour, then something's wrong there.

6. Melirae

Nobody in my guild is grinding more more consistently than me - I'm notorious for it in the guild for it. I was the first to Lvl 61 and miles ahead in XP, nothing I've done has slowed down.

Then training dummies came in.

When I was on 61.18%, one other guild member reached Lvl 61. He then did all of Lvl 61 and all of Lvl 62 (and is now in 63) by the time I hit 61.50%. He only did daily 1hr grinds and training dummies. THIS is what I'm talking about as to why I think training dummy XP is outrageous.

Allan1985 likes this.
  7. Allan1985

we dont rly need to know, the whole level afk thing is an isult to all of us who spent lots of time grinding in the game early days to achieve what we got now, but not only that, the game was always publisited as a hard game, a game in wich effort and dedication would matter, and has now been reduced to a competition of who has the pc turned on for more hrs

i wonder what you do when you run out of quests in the char you want to level up...

he probably havent gone miru, in the current meta the only officient way of active leveling is miru.

#47 Allan1985, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2019
  8. Khondo

After completing 22k+ quests I have never run out of quests to do on any toon. I do see your point and yes quests will not get you to level 65 in the short term, but they are always adding quests and content, eg this week they added the Florin Herb Gatherer Clothes quest line. So I will keep questing.

Will let you know how I go on my newly created ranger. So far level 52 and just finished the Level 50 Black Spirit quest after 4 hours of game play, did not do any other quests so far. Will do Black Spirit quests till I finish Valencia, then head back to the start to do all the combat quests. Will be interesting how far I can get on the Ranger just doing that, I am estimating level 62 at this stage.

Allan1985 likes this.
  9. Korvgubben

I think others have already told you this but this is mainly an issue of you grinding very VERY inefficiently. The rest of your guildies could do 1h of dummies per weekday and grind miru for 1 hour during the weekend and completely crush your progress. Dummies would be 5/6 of their time spent gaining exp but it will be the 1h at miru that gives 99,5% of the progress.

I'm actually in a similar situation to yours. Back when I hit 61 I was in top 10 in my guild but now more than a year has passed for sure and I'm at 61,56. I sometimes grind fogans, sulfur or other places that I used to grind back when I hit 61 but its honestly not often, probaly less often than once every 2 weeks. Difference is that I dont blame training dummies for my low exp gain over tha past year while grinding bad spots or rather barely grinding at all.

If I have the time I might grind an hour at sulfur later and see how much exp I get. Sulfur is rather horrible exp but I have the node at lvl 10 and the map pieces does give me a sliver of motivation. I dont expect wonders however I do believe I can beat your 0,2-0,3% a day.

Meanwhile a guildie of mine, granted with godly gear, wanted to push the last 70% from 61 to 62 yesterday but he only made 50%. If that doesnt put a perspective on things then I dont know.

10. Foo

Foo

Back from a quick vacation and this is the first thread i see lmfao

Taken from BDO foundry

[​IMG]

aka ur just bad

11. XLucaX

Are you really trying to compare X amount of hours active grinding to vs. 24/7 afk grinding?

I 10000000% if you can grind 24/7 youll outlap 24/7 afk grinding.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  12. Thanosmeansdeath

You seem to be under the impression that exp and level makes you powerful. A level 60 with 245 AP and Kutum is going to vastly outperform your sorceress in grinding. Once you got enough AP (240+ Kutum) you can get in those Mirumok groups and you'll see what real exp per hour is if you aren't in a group full of leeches. Perhaps you should try it someday with your guildies you are exp racing with?

You are wasting your time with stuff like Manshaums and Sherekhan if you really only got 216 AP. Manshaums say right on the map area recommended is 240 AP; it's going to be not only terrible exp but terrible money too.

I would say just grind your best silver/hr spot that gives reasonable exp. If it's Gahaz, Katgum or Cadry then just stick with one and be happy. The 62 earring is nice and all but grinding out an extra 1-2 billion+ silver by choosing a better spot on your way to 62 would be smarter so you can buy other upgrades.

Phoenixxx75, Denthors and NoisyBoy like this.
  13. Noixi

Congratulations!

You have completed STEP 2 in joining the Noixi FANBOI - COUNTER WHINEY club.

- You came back! -

Sorry, NO, AP does not affect the amount of XP you get PER (P... E.... R....) mob.
    If a single mobs gives LESS THAN .001% PER MOB, all the AP in the world is not going to change that.

Again, I state, I got LESS THAN .001% PER MOB at Star's End on 250+ AP mobs.

Now chew...
    Probe with tongue if you want...

And....

TRY not stalk me...

14. 2Cents

You also need to consider it turns BDO into a pure trash tier game with what are supposed to be meaningful rankings, a display of ones efforts and progress into total horse sht.

15. Auxey

You seem to use words you don't know the meaning of.

16. Foo

Foo

He's not arguing with you about xp per mob, he's talking about killing more mobs in the same timeframe with higher AP so you both need a lesson in reading comprehension

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  17. Noixi

No, he was trying to side-wash the "PER mob" aspect, and he was RUDE to me the first time he did it.

18. yukishiro1

If someone else in your guild has hit 63 from training dummies that's basically 24/7 since they came out. And you were already 61 at that point? How do you have only 216 AP if you've been grinding every day for about a year? That's mental. Just the daily login rewards + events alone should be enough to have got you to at least 240ish.

I grind like 1-2 hours a WEEK and I just bought a Vell's heart to hit 269. No pay2win except some basic inventory slots, pets etc, last purchase like 6 months ago. Oh wait I lied I did buy one set of 100 artisan memes back in the day.

19. Myntiix

Myntiix Archer

Why does this thread even has 3 sites?

20. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

so much bs in one post. Even with the current +50% from afk training you will never reach the exp rate from grinding