1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitelist Plays.tv from Xigncode for game recording please

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Brace, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Brace

Note: Reposting from here because GM Dranzerkai suggested I do so.

There are so many awesome moments I would like to record in this game, and Plays.tv is my platform of choice. Unlike Shadowplay, it can record indefinitely instead of on-command and it is available to use on AMD graphics cards.

The Plays.tv team apparently has reached out to Kakao before but received no response (link to their forum post) so I would like to make it known that there are players who want this as well.

In the past two weeks alone, I've been in an epic PvP naval battle, done some silly yolo enchantments and had some great PvP that I wish I had been able to record and share with guildies/friends.

Thanks for reading.

2. HeHuMyR

I have a guildie whose plays records BDO but mine does not.

I don't know how he does it but he does it. I would like to record some stuff on plays as well so bumping this post

3. elephantgrey

4. Brace

The steam version doesn't use XIGNCODE so that is why they can record. Those of us that aren't steamies have to use Shadowplay or something else.

5. Tenson_Burokres

I agree. This game lacks video content outside great BDO on BDO and Plays.tv is a great option for more people to start producing videos.

6. Intepp

Bump
    I'd love to have this aswell

7. Masterio

Shadowplay sucks, the best app for record games is OBS Studio and its free :D
    OBS allows you to record replies and it using graphic card if needed.
    Sorry for the AD :)

8. SoggyCow

OBS > Plays

9. Brace

I'm sure OBS is great, but Plays has a lot of automated features which make it preferable to me (such as being given an allocated storage amount and it'll store those most recent X GB of video, or in other games like Overwatch, automatically highlighting key points in games).

This really shouldn't be much to ask.

10. elephantgrey

How much are plays paying you anyway?

11. Brace

Useless question but thanks for the bump I suppose.

12. zenjudit

how about xsplit? I have been using this on mine which is a steam version and no problem at all. No lags or slow down, clear recording.

13. Brace

I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm not even sure if XSplit would work since Steam users don't have Xigncode as far as I know. Either way, as I said, it's the feature-set of Plays that I like. Automatic recording when the game launches and automatic size management. The reason I'm so stuck on it is that a lot of great stuff happens in those times when you either forgot to start recording manually, or when you just didn't expect to be doing something interesting. That's why an always-on recording solution is so appealing.

Since it's just a matter of an unjustly blacklisted program, I had hoped enough visibility might get a CM to take some sort of action, or at least reply.

Thanks again for the suggestion though.