1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who actually likes the new karma system

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Boojangles, Jun 21, 2017.

1. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You are welcome.

2. _Kae_

Not really a fan of the new karma system. But at this point, I'm really just debating on going red again as it was the time I had most fun playing bdo. Sadly, I'll probably never level up again since I probably won't gain exp faster than I lose it.

I wish at the very least, they could have incorporated something like a No-Karma Tuesday (similar to double exp weekends), or something like that. But that is likely not happening. I'm probably the minority that enjoys pvp above all else.

You know you won't go red if you attack someone who has attacked you first right? At least I'm almost sure. Maybe not?

3. Kuro_Wendy

i meant by never go red that im not turning on the pvp stance

4. Strator

Il like the new karma changes cuz there's places for pvp'ers to hang out like the red BF instead of running around and making pointless RDM's.
    I see this game as a community game more than a pew pew game, karma punishment has been there since start. The intro of double karma losses I imagine is because of all of the RDM's over less worthless things like a lumbering spot... (so many trees in this game) =)
    Take a look at what the game have in rankings (Esc->Ranking), 12 based of lifeskills, one in pvp.
    I respect ppl that gets into pvp over spots worth farming, I dont like farming though, too boring i.m.o. I can handle the dailies but not that much more.

Columba likes this.
  5. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

The **** is an RDM?

Remaint likes this.
  6. Strator

Random Death Match

7. lullabee

You agree to loose karma if you attack or kill a player when you activate the force pvp feature. Just reminding you guys.

Columba likes this.
  8. N0tl0c

I also bought this game back when people loss exp on death and karma loss was lower. I dint agree to this dipshit.

9. Columba

Indeed. It's karma suicide since you do it to yourself by flagging up.

10. CutiePieOchida

I enjoy it. Yet I think it should be exactly like KR. Increase the rates I actually think. Since players only think of when a non PVP takes a spot people don't think of how much more PvP players takes spots. Also they need to increase the rates for attacking a player to forced them to get killed by a monster.

11. N0tl0c

I cant even tell what the fk you are saying

flukeSG2 likes this.
  12. CutiePieOchida

Sorry I can see you can't read English very well. I said the Karma System should match the KR Karma System. With the addition of when a player attacks another player, Karma loss should be increased. Read it slowly if you have to I understand.

13. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I understood it, but it was very poorly worded.

14. Crowleyz

I like the new Karma system.

15. Mharten

I like it cause I'm not a baby back *****. If I want to flag, I flag, karma be damned. I bet the only people that don't are either bullies that only PvP when they flag and steal spots and don't want to face consequences :). When I flag I accept my actions and consequences and deal with them.

16. Sniffles

I'd be ok with the new Karma System if WE WERE ABLE TO DECLARE WAR ON ANY GUILD. I'm tired of grinding somewhere and suddenly a few people in some unknown guild show up and start taking the mobs in front of me without saying a word and when I try to declare war on them it says I am unable to and this happens waaaay too often. Daily. Also, if you want to grind in the best spots possible you should fight for it just like in any other MMO. In WoW or other instance/raid based games if you want to be at the best area to get the best silver/gear etc you need to have the best gear to meet requirements and players there fight for spots with their gear and experience. Here should be the same. I came to this game with a competitive mindset and was drawn in by the devs of BDO constantly advertising the games OWPvP... now we got people and devs not wanting any OWPvP.

17. Vanwaros

This is a stupid system mainly for the penalties for going red (it should not be possible to risk several billion silver just for going red, ever.) However, I've had an absolute blast over the last week or two by inverting the system.

I've noticed a lot of people retain laser-guided focus on efficiency, and they malfunction in predictable and fantastic ways when that focus is broken.

So if I run to a popular place like Sausan, speak in broken English and wander randomly, people well eventually flag on me in a attempt to get me to leave. I stay friendly even during the attempt to cause a malfunction, mainly because shittalking doesn't really lead to a beautiful meltdown. Attacking someone purely at random if I have a bit of karma saved is an option, but that ends up being pretty rare.

Usually I can just shrug off the damage and keep clearing (this makes the malfunction greater) but in the off chance someone can put up the damage I have a good fight on my hands and I've offloaded any and all risk to my attacker.

Through this system I enjoy comedy, a fair amount of silver, and a moderate amount of experience. All as a bonus for just dicking around between gathering quests.

So basically I love this change, but only because of the perverse incentives Daum has given to everyone BUT those trying to level.

#137 Vanwaros, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    flukeSG2 likes this.
  18. Columba

Loving it. Ogres and other locations are so much more polite now.

19. TFU3

TFU3 TFU3 Kunoichi 61 EU

Well I think most people complain at level 59-60-61 that they just can't level anymore at Pirates Island and/or Sausans, Bandits... spots of level 57 top...

Columba likes this.
  20. Scalesdini

Why is a carebear posting in the PVP section?

On topic: Nobody relevant likes this change.

Tansie and N0tl0c like this.