1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why all the whining and crying?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kiasta, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Kiasta

You guys do realize just how much data is being transferred, right? I mean they have to do backups which in itself would take hours. Then they have to transfer all that data. We are talking petabytes (exaggeration) of data. The only thing you have to worry about are corrupted backup drives. But I'm sure they have everything under control. Just be patient, it's not the end of the world. Binge watch The Office or Parks and Rec. Go outside. Paint a canvass. I dunno learn something, read a book. Just stop the bitching ffs.

#1 Kiasta, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. Caexx

Their addiction to bdo won't let them xD

The_Grimace likes this.
  3. Kalade

I don't think anyone is bitching about the actual time that it's taking but just the amount of delays. If it takes 24h, then it takes 24h. I would rather them state that the server migration is a 24h deal rather than state that it's a 10h thing then extend another 14 hours in 2 hour increments. It seems that with maintenance like this, companies that know what they're doing usually state the estimated time OVER the amount of time that they actually think that the maintenance will take. So, if they think that it'll take 8 hours, they'll state that it's a 10 hour maintenance to give themselves two extra hours of leeway. Kakao has been off by at least five hours so far, so it's just a little disconcerting.

4. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Just keep telling yourself "Level3 no more Lease web" ....and breathe

Trender07 and Kiasta like this.
  5. Kiasta

I understand. I work in big data in the health industry and I know how things can go wrong. I develop applications for hospitals and we also host patient data. I've never had to deal with provider changes on this scale but I can imagine how hard everyone is working and the long hours it's taking to get everything up and running. I'm sure that these delays are unplanned and they continuously extend because they are unsure of the amount of time involved. They most likely just want to get up and running asap so the 2 hour incremental extensions are necessary. I imagine people still would be unhappy with them announcing 24 hours rather than 10. But still, I understand the frustration of the end-user. I'm just doing my best to try and diffuse the situation.

6. Coeprandua

You know, funny because this game has nothing. Grind is all you have. Grind is all some people know in life and they revel in it. They deserve it.

7. TwilightAngel

Issue is this IS NOT a normal maint. They are migrating to a new company which is Lv3

8. Nezrox

Nezrox Kitsuneonii Warrior 61 NA

u should take ur own advice and not worry about ppl complaining. go outside.

SnakeAttack and iller like this.
  9. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

not true, I need to check on my maids to make sure they aren't swiping my silverware, especially Fairy Irene, she has shifty eyes >_>....<_<

Coeprandua likes this.
  10. Kaxlene

Just give one challenge to the people whining..... "Cook a meal" that's how you get them to wait and quit moaning

11. Cosmic Soul

Have you ever seen the general chat of the mmo community? Well there is your answer friend.

12. Gravemind

>Trying to tell the worst MMO community to calm down and go outside.
    I'm with ya, OP, 100% all the way, but you're using a water gun on a forest fire.

Ravare and Andaro like this.
  13. TwilightAngel

Well there this other part here

[​IMG]

I mean I have CenturyLink 1 Gig Internet internet for $75 and its way cheaper and faster then what Xfinity can offer here in the area I live at in Minneapolis. However they do have their major issues in other areas sooooo...... not sure if they will shake up Lvl 3 or let them keep doing what they are doing

Andaro likes this.
  14. Cosmic Soul

Indeed.

Andaro likes this.
  15. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

can't tell anyone anything....they don't listen...every provider has issues....and this doesn't mean we are going to be issue free....but alas

Aeona likes this.
  16. princesaodette

i think the maintenance could extend to 72 hours :v

17. Shimnao

Shimnao Musa 61 NA

Been DC;d 5 times already, and the Server hasnt even opened up yet!

New Servers when??

:D

18. Shimnao

Shimnao Musa 61 NA

Hm, and my character level is still 60 on the forums here, where I am 61 in game

Thank You in advanced for responding to me, Sir.

19. Aeona

Perhaps people are upset that events are still running out the clock while on maintenance.
    There are also those people who have paid their real money so this game can stay open & just expect the customary amount of courtesy & respect due to a paying customer.
    You know.... common sense, little every day concepts like that which normal ADULTS deal with every day of their lives.

SnakeAttack and IRustyI like this.
  20. Valestris

right in the ToS says they got the right to do downtimes and maintenance whenever necessary , so please take your "paying customer" bullcrap out of here, thanks.