1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are dried fish crates so terrible?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xelfer, May 8, 2017.

1. Xelfer

So I've been fishing for money since the launch of this game. It didn't take too long to find out fishing + trading master 2 is very good money.
    I also do processing for different crates, which makes me good money when traded from Trent to Arehaza.
    One day I see this thing called a Fish Workshop, where you can pack 10 dried fishies into a crate, so I thought that must be good money since it involves catching the fish, then drying the fish yourself, bringing it to Trent, getting it packed into crates by workers and then moving it over to Arehaza Town, but apparently, going through this process gets you 1/6 of the money you would get if you would just sell the fish itself.

So somebody tell me, what is the point of this?
    It's not even useful for leveling trading, since producing any other trash crate is less of a hassle.

I get the point that dried fish can be stacked and doesnt go bad, so the reduction in price right there is totally fine, but if you pack 10 of the same dried fish into a crate, the price is basically multiplied by 2, and even the distance bonus of Trent to Arehaza won't make up for this loss. I also get that this involves AFK time, so you might think its more convenient, but looking at the whole process, you would spend less time on just trading your fish over to Arehaza without drying...

If you have enough time on your hands to actually dry the fish, and get it to Trent to have it packed into crates, you might aswell have enough time to get your fish to Arehaza without drying it or simply use a summon.

Conclusion: Dried fish crates are a terrible waste of time, fish and therefore money and should be buffed.

I don't really care about it, since selling non dried fishies is very good money right now but doing the math made me question why these crates are in the game.

Feel free to point out anything i might have missed tho, maybe theres something

2. Dolomite

You can gather dried fish from cheap island nodes at a relatively decent pace and a few can be somewhat profitable. They're definitely not as profitable as wooden crates and since crate prices are fixed now you don't need to diversify at all. They're more useful for crafting if anything, with the occasional rare drop useful for making a few crates a week.

Come to think of it you can say the same for most crates outside of the usual metals and timbers thanks to spike in crystal prices. All crops, even sunflowers, are kind of terrible.

IMO a better solution would be making diversity in crates relevant rather than just having good and bad crates. Make base prices very from region to region or make automated events where even bad crates sell for a good price.

Seboros and Xelfer like this.
  3. Xelfer

i like your idea, why should there be good and bad crates, you are right

4. Seboros

Seboros Warrior 61

I also like the idea, they could make specific crates more valued to specific areas, it can even go down as detailed as to which fish crate they are interested in, example would be port ratt would be the one who would want Dried Octopus/Squid than any other town.

5. Adonaj

Fish smells...