1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Why are hateful people allowed to roam freely in our chats?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Petruvius, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozymandias

I never agreed to "mutual respect". Where is this a rule? I am not saying you don't have a right to, or even shouldn't complain, I am simply refuting those complaints; I'm sure you'd agree, I have the discretion to do that, just as you have room to complain.

2. Petruvius

Petruvius Wizard NA

But then my cousin would have to completely disable chat or spend more time creating filters or blocking other players than actually playing the game. That is the problem.

Tergar likes this.
  3. eitheldin

There are rules you have to respect when you play BDO, the chat is not a jungle where you are allowed to express yourself without limits. I didn't invent them myself.

Tergar likes this.
  4. Ozymandias

Have you ever used the chat filter option? You seem unaware of how it works. If you don't like the word "banana", you could register it in your chat filters.That word will never appear in your dialogue boxes ever again.

What I am suggesting is you find a list of "toxic" words used by toxic people, and add those words to the registration.

In the time since I saw your post suggesting this was particularly time consuming, I've registered and unregistered 15 words to my filter. It seems unwilling to compromise to suggest that something ought be done about people who say certain things, but then argue that the options that are already in place aren't a reasonable accommodation when they take less than 5 minutes to register 15 words.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  5. Ozymandias

Are you referring to the community guidelines? I don't recall "mutual respect" being in them.

6. Petruvius

Petruvius Wizard NA

Or people can just NOT be toxic morons that enjoy ruining the game experience for others.

Tergar and eitheldin like this.
  7. Ozymandias

That's a shift in the goal post. Can we address one point at a time? I am arguing that since you can't control people's actions, block them if you don't want to see what they have to say. You argued that that wasn't realistic and I responded. Where do we stand on that matter as of now? Do you see chat filters as a reasonable accommodation or not?

Dunkleosteus likes this.
  8. eitheldin

12.1.1. Inappropriate or infringing content

Kakao Games Europe does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, article, link or comment posted by other users in the Services, and shall not be responsible for the contents of any such message, article or comment.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Kakao Games Europe. The User can report any violation of the services policies either by clicking on the report icon for that purpose on the Forums, or by reporting the issue to customer support.

The User shall not use the Service(s) to post any material which is false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, infringes on intellectual property rights, or otherwise violating of any applicable law or this Agreement.

The User shall not use the Service(s) to post any advertisement, link or (commercial) information regarding content which is in violation of the provisions of the Agreement.

The User shall not post any material covered by intellectual property rights, unless the intellectual property rights are owned or licensed by the User or by Kakao Games Europe.

Also forum rules:

6.3. Interacting with other users

• Post made with the sole purpose of upsetting or angering other users are not allowed. All posts have to be made in the spirit of mutual respect.

Not that we should need these rules to understand that we should act as decent people...

Tergar likes this.
  9. eitheldin

Hey guys!

As you all know, we have a zero tolerance policy for any hate speech or offensive, derogatory terms in the BDO universe, as our goal is to provide a safe, friendly, and fun game for you all to enjoy.

If you ever find any offending material in game, or if you are being abused by another player, please send us a report as well as the time and date, so that we can launch an investigation and take action against the offending individual.

All reports are anonymous, and we will never disclose any information about either party involved.

Thank you for your understanding, and safe gaming :)

#132GM Dranzerkai, Monday at 2:01 PM

Also this @Ozymandias

Anyway... You don't agree with me? Ignore me cause I will always support decency and respect. End of the story, I hope.

Tergar and Petruvius like this.
  10. Ozymandias

These are the forum guidelines, not the in-game code of conduct. It's one thing to make a forum post directed at another player, and entirely another to make a general message in server chat.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that what that person said in the original post is without fault. I am saying that I believe the current modalities for handling unwanted behavior is sufficient.

11. MockingbirdXIV

Holy hell.... this thing is still going.....? I thought this debate had ended already, both sides made their case...... Neither side will quite obviously see the other sides point of view... We really do need this locked....At this point its getting personal for no real reason....

Jellyblob likes this.
  12. eitheldin

@Ozymandias, "If you ever find any offending material in game" means that you can even report messages in chat that aren't directed to you, I believe.

Since they can take action with a ban I guess that ignoring isn't considered the only solution and it's not always enough.

#172 eitheldin, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  13. MockingbirdXIV

Well yeah.... then report them.... we all mentioned this multiple times as one of the many tools at your disposal, In the same way you wont change the other sides opinion on whether or not what you are asking for is absurd or not you wont change an entire community or the internet by asking nicely. Your choices have been given to you by both the community and some admins..... Continuing this thread at this point is in bad taste.

14. eitheldin

And actually those are the BDO terms of service.

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/legal/terms-of-use

6.3. Interacting with other users

• Post made with the sole purpose of upsetting or angering other users are not allowed. All posts have to be made in the spirit of mutual respect.
    This is one of the Forum rules.

15. RoakOriginal

Trolling? Rarely... I just dont like stupid people... Making mistakes is in human nature... So is seeking comfort...

But repeating those stupid things over and over without any change, after flaws were pointed out several times, and trying to obscure others freedom just for your own pleasure is stupid and perverted at the same time... Now if you were the one doin the trolling, that would be other case... But since you are enjoying talk about abusing others and want to take it even further, even after dozens of people explained to you how selfish and stupid idea it is, there is close to no doubt about your mental state...

flukeSG2 likes this.
  16. Jellyblob

Jellyblob SonOfGwyn Valkyrie 58 NA

"I need athority to get involved with everything because "
    Did you know it's 10x faster to type in the "f-word" into the filter instead of telling you to take the time to make a forum post about it and wait for a mod response? The mods give you the tools to dish out your own "punishment". Stop bothering them with your petty garbage, I'd rather them spend time on adding a pegasus to the game than sit there filtering what everyone can say because your cousin can't think for themselves.

17. Sv Cassjo

Sv Cassjo Ninja

Did you know that is was never about efficiency in the first place?
    Some human beings care about basic virtues in any form of communication. And it would neither cost too much time nor thoughts to just refrain from toxic manners in each and every social act - even the virtual ones.

And btw: A thread in the forum is not always only to get attention form mods. It is a way of communication within a community.

loboramdk and eitheldin like this.
  18. Jellyblob

Jellyblob SonOfGwyn Valkyrie 58 NA

Well, sorry to break it to you but nobody cares about your feelings and they shouldn't be forced to and I think it's been made clear.

There's 3 people that agree with you: one of which argues his point by copy and pasting the same thing, and another that hasn't said anything valuable. They just posted the thread.

Your entire argument is based purely on feelings and only takes the few like-minded people into account. If someone is harassing you, submit a ticket.
    If someone calls you a ****ing **** because you took their rotation, then get over yourself. Once again, if any of these words are offensive to you regardless of context, you can avoid the situation all together. Sorry, but punishing people for saying mean things makes you the *******.

19. RoakOriginal

Actually it does, otherwise there would not be so long discussion about it...
    (Though idk if few butthurt arses crying about meanies in chat and several people explaining to them how chat filter works, resulting only in more crying can be called a discussion..)

20. Sv Cassjo

Sv Cassjo Ninja

Yes, I am pretty aware of the reality that your kind will never understand simple principles behind mentioned virtues. You call it "feelings" since you don't get it and that just represents the whole extent of your comprehension. So I am not even trying to explain it to you and your kind.

Matters is that much for you how many users "support" your claim that being toxic is used to be normal? Or how many users aggreeing with mine instead?
    As it was stated on the very first pages: Ignorance never solved any problems behind those toxic behaviours even if it is already claimed as "normal" communication within this thread (and others). Copy & Paste is more than you deserve since you still don't get it.

But why bothering... you never will try to understand as I never will get used to your toxic attitudes.

loboramdk and eitheldin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.