1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are mobs still so slow

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Factorial

Monster AI is very poor, but can we at least have mobs that move rather fast with a longer chase radius?

This should help make those large pulls so much better.

Sandpit_, Erroll, MMoNoob and 3 others like this.
  2. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Sounds like you want a "increase mob movement by X% withing X radius" pearl item :>

Lefteye, Findubar and MozezCore like this.
  3. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I wanna see a mob that finally fights back, grabbing a player and bashing them against the rocks like a pinata at a kids birthday party
    Give the KO finishing moves, like Griffon on Navern Steppe, plucks your characters head off with his beak...immediate KO

4. GenericUser

I agree, part of the reason grinding in this game feels so monotonous is it doesn't even feel like the mobs are fighting back. You run up to a group, AOE them in one hit, often before they can even finish their reaction animation, then move on to the next. Sometimes it feels like you're running up to a bunch of cardboard cutouts and knocking them down. I've noticed grinding feather wolves feels less grindy than other mobs, and I think this is because they run right at you as soon as you come into their aggro range. They more or less die at the same rate as comparable mobs, but it feels better having mobs that actually charge at you, instead of passively waiting for their turn at the chopping block.

Sandpit_ likes this.
  5. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

It would be annoying if mobs had grabs lol, just like mobs that constantly stun and do no damage. Grabs or stuns won't necessary improve mob AI, it would just be, as I already said, annoying.

TucoRamires likes this.
  6. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

I find that the only mobs worth a fight is Sherekhan but they are low level. Those fkers will give you a fight. If they were as tanky and strong as Aakman, people wouldn't even dare.

Fateneko likes this.
  7. WinterMilla

I've been saying that the mob AI is dumb for a long while now.

8. RIPTOR

mobs ? where ? i only can see dummies dropping trash on everyplace

9. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

And there are geniuses who manage to wonder why some people don't enjoy BDO's PVE combat.

10. Factorial

This is so true. At this point, I just want my silver/hour to improve. I don't mind pulling the entire zone then just duking it.

11. Blitzball

Wrong game for this. BDO is a hack'n slash , mobs MUST HAVE dumb IA.

Grinding will not be fun if there are 40 Nameless Kings in each Aakman room :D

12. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

classes with more defensive kits would actually make more sense if pve was challenging. then we wouldnt have this bullcrap where few classes dominate.

13. RIPTOR

ninja gaiden is a hack n slash and the enemies are so fkin baaaadass, a simple distraction/fail and youre desd or near to die

pd: NS RIPTOR - NimbleSolution n4 on worldwide rank in ninja gaiden 2 after the game be bugged at patch and everyone exploit to 9999999999999 their points... and n1 on worldwide ninja gaiden 1.... i know who is a hack and slash game, this is a hack and slash fight style, but not on all classes and of course not on enemies mechanics

14. Ashenvall

Yeah, harder mobs to make this game just a pain in the ash because it's already hard without using your wallet. People are just masochistic or just stupid.

Lord_Xenon, Blitzball and RIPTOR like this.
  15. MozezCore

Isnt Path of Evil the same kind of 'hack n slash' game, as you call it?
    Still being this type of game does not mean that mobs are just decoration that's containing loot. In other games you atleast CAN die while grinding.
    This is actually impossible in BDO. Imo

16. Doom Smack

I prefer easy grind, the game doesnt really suit something like dark souls. Don't get me wrong I like stuff hard, just not with grind. too much work to do for a long time otherwise.

That said more engaging pve as an option would be good, just would need to be in the right way and not just throw in annoying cc like has been said. I just don't know if the combat system allows for it especially if you have ping. And I don't know exactly how it would need to be done, to achieve it well would take a lot thought and testing.

Factorial likes this.
  17. zhagsten

Given how rift bosses are, I'm not sure I would ask PA to make mobs smarter.

18. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

I wanna see ambassadors and all bdo staff play bdo to not give wrong info to players about the game.

Man, you are not playing that type of game.

Factorial likes this.
  19. Blitzball

If you have full PEN gear , maybe.

That's not the case for free-to-play players ( = full TET people ) D:<

20. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

In other games you do not lose crystals or exp worth dozens of hours farming upon death. In other games you can actually drop BiS items while grinding. Here you can pretty much only grind money. No surprises at all. Which makes the grind a lot more brain afk. In PoE you at least have to constantly check whats even dropping and make decisions about picking up or leaving it all the time. Here you might drop an accessorie, but in the end its alsojsust a little money that averages out. And you are like, yeah just 250 hours more of this and I can buy another pen item. Exciting.
    So what should mobs even be hard for here in BDO? Ignoring that their definition of "hard" mob simply means: "uhhhh me rift boss, uhhh me ignore your FG/SA on every skill I do"