1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are there classes with better accuracy offhands?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by ♕ SaFteiNZz ' [SaFt1Zz], Feb 4, 2018.

1. Musashy

Dude as a warrior I would love to exchange my **** ap offhand for a full AP no accuracy one. Be glad you have that. Endgame is not accuracy based its AP based. And if you really need acc you get red corals for sorc and maybe one coral for warrior if u dont have anything else to do. That acc offhand does not help us in pvp. Yeah sure against low ap evasion plebs sounds nice but so does 250 ap and I'd pick ap anytime

2. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

And I thought Sorc has the most devastating turnaround ulti and the most flawless iframes, but I guess they are only average then.

3. RoakOriginal

Those classes have lower base Evasion (by 20-40) than classes without access to those hybrid offhands. Also Zerker, Warrior, Valkyrie prefer DR over Evasion (and even striker and mystic are good with it). And without at least hybrid Evasion build its like there is absolutely none, since there is no difference bewteen 105% hitrate and 110% hitrate towards you. Makes difference in PvE, but you want Kutum there anyway.

They also lack viable AP offhand pre-nouver (and even that one was **** not too long ago).

Hell they have worse stat-dedicated offhands overall (parrying dagger, needle trtinket etc... Why aint you crying those have more stats than alternatives for other classes?). And if you knew **** about stats you would know that you have to focus on 1 (max 2 if the other is AP) to be worth a damn, otherwise you get rekt by people who know to build and are one tier lower. Getting a bit from all stats means you suck in every department.

So no, they aint OP. They aint even BiS in most cases currently. Just you guys have no game knowledge whatsoever.
    They would be OP on **** like Ninja. But they are far from bein so on classes that have access to them. (The worst abusers are Striker and Mystic and those really dont need that Acc later, so they can go with Rosar/Krea).

Edit: Few more points.

Almost every damn class has access to either dedicated Acc or Eva offhand. The only ones without it are the ones with these hybrid ones, which most of the time cant even utilize those stats properly (0 effect of Evasion for DR stackers, no need for Acc for fotm hoppers).

People using DP in their argument are automatically disqualified, since DR and Evasion are 2 completely different things with different scalings and counters.

These QQ topics are there quite often (though not as much lately) and its a perfect way to spot noobs. Usually OP is one of the bigger ones participating. Even that post was terribly made. At first you talk about overload of EVasion and compare it to centaurs belt and then you talk about Acc bein mandatory for every class. Beside the fact that both points are bad (comparing offhand to belt, ignoring other parts of gear, acc bein far form mandatory for everyone - and that comes from Acc stacker), there are stronger Evasion options available to everyone. And those DR offhands on ninja and etc would be as unimpressive as Krea on Zerker.

#23 RoakOriginal, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    WeaselPaw and Reave711 like this.
  4. Reave711

...awkward moment when the evasion on saiyer still doesn’t make up for zerker having lowest base evasion on other classes by 50 points

Dk also has **** defensive stats so the evasion is just meh

Basically all these offhands do is raise these classes base evasion to be on par with literally every other class but doesn’t give them as much acc as say a helrick

Also with the ap changes nouver is better anyway and rce’s are the most cost effective and efficient way to boost your acc if you don’t have tet ap accessories

Ginrei likes this.
  5. iSaint9

Well I mean, why would you need DP on something that's basically a glass cannon?

6. Spartakatz

Why not ask "why are classes different" ?

Same answer for that.

7. Grizabella

You are kind of making my point. IF the intent was to have them the same, they failed. If the intent was to balance classes by having them be different, they failed. They changed one stat by a meaningless amount.

8. ♕ SaFteiNZz ' [SaFt1Zz]

First of all chill dude, no one is crying I'm just suggesting so don't be a ****..

Is so retarded and you should admit that having accuracy weapons being different to balance classes' hidden stats is pointless when you could just standarize hidden stats of each class and having all those weapons being exactly the same (come on, I wouldn't have created this topic if it would be like that). Anyways don't think they are different for balancing because some classes that have it shouldn't have it as you said (mystik, striker).

Also your whole post is based in a very late scene on the game where you got enough accuracy to don't need an accuracy OH, but hey mate we all ain't at your level in the game.

Again gotta say that the belt thing was just an example though as I can see you can't see between the lines, also accuracy not mandatory? again talking from your late state in the game, put in your mind a guy without even bheg gloves with the typical newbie asula jewerly.. maybe that accuracy OH let him defend his spot.. The game shouldn't be balanced from the 2k hours in advance but way earlier and you should know it.

peace out, regards.

LinaCrysta likes this.
  9. ♕ SaFteiNZz ' [SaFt1Zz]

I'm not meaning I need it, I'm meaning why does some classes have it and why others doesn't?

10. RoakOriginal

1 - retarded is thinking evening everything out is a better solution. We wouldnt need different classes or skills if they were standardizing every damn thing. The most interesting thing for many of us is exactly this created imbalance and finding a ways to overcome it or to use it to our favour. If every class, every item, every skill was the same, I and many others wouldnt even bother with hits game. The more difference the better.

2 - from effectivness standpoint you are always better off farming places which you can mow down ASAP instead of fighting monsters stronger than you. AP offhand is better choice in this case. Though in PvP its a bit more mandatory, but for that see point 4.

3 - In PvE you dont. In PvP it depends on the rest of your gear, your class and class and gear of person you are fighting with. Wizard doesnt need any acc, strikers i already explained, but for example ninja has terrible Acc modifiers so they depend heavily on Acc gear, while their main defensive stat is evasion. Allowing them offhand similar to saiyer would lead to nerfs in other places. Meanwhile it doesnt do **** for warr or zerk since half of those stats aint utilized properly and is just small bonus.

4 - if that said person is fighting for spot, he is either fighting someone in similar gear (in which case he wont meet dedicated evasion stacker ned is in no need of bonus acc) or he fights a person who outgears him, in which case he is screwed anyway. There was a time when Evasion was the strongest defensive option and even current DR stackers were running it. Its a past. Currently all builds are somehow viable in one way or other, and until you meet one of evasion stackers you dont need too much bonus Acc. Even if you want it, best option is either Acc offhand + AP accessories or AP offhand + Acc accessories.

This game is actually pretty well balanced when it comes to gear currently... Most of options are viable and safe few outliers (wizards,strikers, mystic, witches) none of the classes can just derp one stat and dont give a crap. Each one (safe those few fotm) has to think a bit about what to build and adapt to situation. And thats how it should be. Class imbalance is much more serious issue (thx mainly to those mentioned above who are too good at their **** regardless of gear). And it has no relation to offhands you talk about whatsoever.

LinaCrysta likes this.
  11. RoakOriginal

That was already explained several times. Their base stats are lower even with that offhand. And without it its and exploitable weakness for others to use. **** called diversity.

12. ♕ SaFteiNZz ' [SaFt1Zz]

Even with all that said there's no need to make 2 groups of accuracy offhands.

You simply saying that acc OH is not worth it because is useless against the meta, and hell yeah it probably is but I don't wanna have to reroll to a striker or a mystik specially if I want to make my build around it because my class as the weaker one. Do you understand my point?

13. RoakOriginal

Never did i say its not worth it. I am accuracy fan myself. I value consistency over random dmg spikes (especially since my rng is ****). I am saying offhands youa re complaining about aint problem at all, due to classes they are allowed on. They would be problematic on ninja or sorc, but DKs are paper even with it and rest prefers DR or AP. And they are sacrifincing those stat if they opt into hybrid acc+eva offhand. They used to be BiS. They are far from overbearing now.

14. Solsi

Because those better accuracy off-hands where initially made for mele front-line tankish classes(warrior, valk and zerk) only. They especially needed the extra survivability boost pre-awakenings, since they did mediocre dmg. So was more than balanced.

Than awakenings came out and shield classes + zerk no longer did laughable dmg. Than Kakao made a bunch of new classes and to make people re-roll they had to give them superior accuracy off-hands to.

That's why the off-hand situation is the way it is and makes no fking sense at all.

I believe they recently got a magic/ranged evasion nerf in Korea though. But still much better than the accuracy off-hands older/other classes have access to.

15. ♕ SaFteiNZz ' [SaFt1Zz]

Yes maybe they don't get used too much on the classes that actually get the bigger profit out of it..

I still think every acc OH should share stats or be a bit different between them like leather to saiyer, and I don't think it would make so op the classes that don't have it actually... like for example tanky ninjas will keep using tadd and glass cannon ones will keep using nouver, it would only raise the use of the quitars, black horns, etc.. making them worthier..

I also feel like they will be an overwhelming advantage against melee classes upon the new change gets done..

16. ♕ SaFteiNZz ' [SaFt1Zz]

Ye I wrote the patch in the post, 50% of ranged/magic evasion GOES into melee evasion so is not really a nerf is even a buff against melee classes...

17. Sandpit_

The ball is nice, if you don;t die trying to get it off, the iFrames are the same as the nerfed DK iFrames, you know, the ones that made dk useless and unplayable? Only sorc has less SA, less CC, no fking accuracy and made out of tissue paper. Still though, we can get reasonable accuracy if we give up a lot of AP or evasion on our OH.

18. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Two or three good sorc balls can turn around entire large scale fights with 80+ vs 80+. Especially when they are invis again and you are on the wrong class and can not get out. If I do not have my jump on cd and or my jump fails to actually target a player I can not get out of it with any skill as none of the dashes I have is iframed. Sometimes I am stuck in invis sorcballs for 2 PA's plus my own blessing. Just rubberbanding back for 10 or 15 sec since some sorcs threw them in after each other.
    I see Sorc just iframing fine in between 50 people not getting hit by anything. Unless you run out of ressources or try to attack it is working perfectly fine. And not to forget sorcs lowered downtimes for whatever reason. I can for most of the time barely get of a single skill on a downed sorc before she is already jumping away, which actually makes it often pretty hard to kill one no matter how thin the tissue paper is which she is made of.