1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are they putting (GACHA) in the game?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LilithDragonFlower, Oct 14, 2020.

1. LilithDragonFlower

^ Obviously I know this is daum / Pearl Abyss being greedy.

But now were getting "Haloween" and "Holiday Event Items" locked behind (GAMBLING BOX'S / GACHAS) without disclosing odds on them?

Maybe many dont care but I do and I think this needs to go back to the way it was just selling the cosmetics directly !!!.

2. Nibu

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/4510 few scrolls down and u find the odds. Have a nice day!
    Also about this gambling box' thingy, isn't it quite normal for Korean MMO to monetize their games like this? To me, that's fine because I simply just don't care.

Fearless V likes this.
  3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

because money.

4. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Until it gets controlled, they'll try to suck du any unreasonable consumer.
    Be happy, Genshin Impact is currently showing up to a biggest audience what a gacha system really is, and how it is nothing more than a gambling system.

Most devs and publishers feel the change coming, so they may go all out before it happens though. Fun times coming, really...

Fearless V and Fateneko like this.
  5. Claydough

Pretty sure they e done this every halloween and next maint you can just buy the bloody outfit outright

Andaro likes this.
  6. Vortexii

You don't care about business practices circumventing established gambling laws and targeting them at children? Lets at least be honest about what's going on here.

Sadalsuud likes this.
  7. LilithDragonFlower

Yeah fk thaat game but BDO steeping to this level there should be massive protests in calpheon again cuz its bs.

Promised no Pay 2 Win Stuff?

But how about PAY 2 ENJOY !!!?

Ah yes I see but the odds need to be displayed in-game on the item itself not on a website, not everyone reads patch notes.

Also the game likely violates certain countrys laws on loot-box and gambling, and im personally pushing for U.S restrictions and support Tru** in the laws to ban Lootbox should he choose to.

8. Andaro

Ambassador

:Wink: