1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are you bothering?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kadmilos, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Kadmilos

I see it time, and time again. I'm curious - your mindset intrigues me - but why do you all persist on attempting to help them save this game from the inevitable collapse under all the greed?

I speak of course, about giving feedback on the forums - or anywhere else. It is evident by now for all who browse this site that the teams aren't listening, nobody is home unless you ring using your credit card...

The greed of this publisher and to a greater extent, the developers themselves, PA is utterly nuts.

Every single time they introduce a change it is geared towards financial benefit. We see more development in areas which have the potential to be milked for money than we do in any other part of this game.

I propose even changes the community request (after months upon months) - such as SMH nerfs are actually just part of the plan to bump up the "value" of shop items (see recent increase in prices apparently due to "the new Marketplace").

As silver making methods are slowly squeezed out or minimized in game, the more lucrative and attractive cash-shop items will be. But as the GM asked us too - lets have an "open mind" about that whole, doubling the value thing.. and "buy many please"...

Hell I'd even go so far as to speculate that Renown was removed because they'll be bringing in a cash-shop option for it soon enough - rent-able timed gear anyone? Only for the low low price of your first born!.... But maybe that's just tin-foil...?

I ask why you bother is because I want to know what drives you to attempt to help these people?

When from my perspective, limited as it is, I see nothing but a bunch of greedy and out of touch fools who got into this industry purely for profits. While I can't say there is anything wrong with that on a fundamental level - we all have to pay the bills - but I believe the outright lies ("improved communication guys", "No place in our version", and now evidence of increasing disregard to even pretend not to be P2W - I believe these types of behaviors are abhorrent and disgusting to the core. Bottom line - If you're going to milk your customers, be honest about it!

But what they're doing isn't honest, its deceptive, its rude and it is anti-consumer to the core.

So why?

Why do you all persistent in suggesting reasonable and sometimes ingenious solutions to their problems, when time and time again they just ignore you? (Also including the bad ideas because at least you tried).

Hell it took the community to organize/collate and present the feedback and even then most of the ideas which "win the hearts of the ""developers"" are geared around how to milk more money from their customers!

Is it because you love this product? I used too, but it's sad knowing how far its fallen at the hands of these out of touch loons; and while I would leave; I stay for the (maybe vain) hope that the GM team will stick up for their customers, or the developers will be able to work on something that isn't just a backdrop to the latest twenty dollar costume set.

The bottom line is this: I'm increasingly feeling like I'm not the adventurer, my wallet is.

So with the stage set - why do you continue? Why are you here today? Are you here because you're simply waiting until the "BDO Killer" arrives? Or are you here because you can ignore, at least to some extent, the greed of the publishers and management? If you've given feedback before - why did you and do you still?

tl:dr Kash-Cow and PA are greedy to the core - so I question you for the reason as to why you stay loyal to this game and actually go so far as to attempt to help them fix their mess?

Oaklay, Hezekiel, Blitzball and 19 others like this.
  2. Pretzels1078

I stay "loyal" to this game because of the fun combat mechanics and big world with lots to explore, and I'm addicted to gambling for Pens.
    I do not attempt to help them fix their mess.

piratebeowolf, Megabiv, Souda and 4 others like this.
  3. MoZex

MoZex Ninja 62 EU

Bdo is going for a global build, PA r the ones pulling the strings. The reason many r frustrated with kashkao is their lack of communication, and when they have on important matters, it was done in a oneway manner as if we are sheep without the ability to think for ourselves.

All i can say is that both of them lost cred, they dont have the kind of good connection such a company ought to have with their playerbase (consumers). The good feel is gone. There was a time back in the early days it used to mean something if u were really smart about ur choices, the hours put in.

sShotrah, Ruffe, Bizmarc89 and 3 others like this.
  4. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

o.o i actually like just playing the game
    problems are what we create for ourselves, just like a game is what you make of it

5. Netreiam

Because BDO is one of the better games on the market and simply knowing that you’re being psychologically exploited doesn’t mean you care enough to stop it.

On a more optimistic, or probably naive, note, maybe because I have some small hope things will get better. 2019 was honestly looking great until wound system, and even then I can’t disregard all the good changes that have been happening.

6. Kadmilos

In the past it seemed NA/EU versions of BDO would be utterly amazing, they would taper back the p2w to ensure people who weren't financially better off would have an advantage, they even went so far as to change the items you could get from the Value Pack. But now.. now they just seem to want to suck the money out of our wallets.

I'm not poor but I really hate giving money to companies who lie and effectively cheat their way into the black.

I like the optimism, but just because it isn't seen or observed doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Keep in mind, I don't make these accusations of dishonesty, anti-consumer and rude behavior lightly. I hate that I have to say it but if you're not saying it, then shouldn't somebody?

I appreciate your other work on gathering feedback (big fan), so it might seem weird to you to ask why people bother to give it since you receive so much, but ... well I work in a customer facing industry, and can tell you 100% that this team is actively ignoring the communities major concerns. I see no evidence of progressive change towards a customer centric product... But I do see many, many examples of cheap, manipulative and frankly vile anti-consumer tactics being deployed instead.

A curious mix of sadistic stoicism there friend; but I certainly understand the point.

Life2v and Ruffe like this.
  7. Khondo

You either like the game or move on. Why make it worse for those of us that like it just the way it is?

Balmafra, NannaOgg and Fearless V like this.
  8. Kadmilos

Wait you like it the way it is? Really? You don't see anything wrong with the increased monetization resulting in those with more wealth being able to by-pass significant barriers which otherwise do not need to exist? Surely you jest?

Do you believe I'm "making it worse" for you, by pointing out the anti-consumer attitude PA and Kash-Cow seem to have?

Silent84, Life2v, Ruffe and 5 others like this.
  9. Khondo

Maybe it is because I can afford to purchase things that make the game more enjoyable for me. I accept supporting a company that produces a product I like to spend my time on.

If you can't do that or not willing to, like I said, time to move on and stop filling our forums up with negative comments.

Aulon, Columba and NannaOgg like this.
  10. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 60 NA

I came back and now continue to play this game. Because I knew that this day was coming and soon.

- I continue to play this game for it's visuals.
    - I continue to play this game for the guildmate's I have.
    - I continue to play this game because a few nolifing gaming losers triggered me earlier a few months ago in this game. And I DAMN WELL SWORE VENGEANCE WILL BE MINES. NEITHER TIME NOR RNG WILL SAVE THEM FROM MY WRATH. I will use all of my currently monthly gaming allowance at my disposal. I will use all of my mental and physical compacity. To make them rude the day they've triggered me in this game. They must and will pay for their trespass against me!
    -I continue to play because BDO allows me to progress in it completely AFK, while allowing me to play actual mind stimulating MMOs and games. Until I'm geared enough in BDO to be a baseline viable force.

This song directly repersent me mindset on BDO right now!

Kynreaa and Kadmilos like this.
  11. Kadmilos

Its not negative to talk about the business practices of a company in an honest light. Good for you to want to spend money on a game you enjoy, I think its reprehensible to support a company that outright lies to it's customer base but I guess that's how I was raised...

Oaklay, Life2v, Ruffe and 5 others like this.
  12. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

You have issues, and fallen to one of PA traps. Well done.

Oaklay, Ruffe, Chojin and 5 others like this.
  13. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 60 NA

It's only a trap is your don't see it coming. I did saw this coming last year, when everyone here was telling me. "I was paranoid and just hating on the game."

Therefore it is only a challenge! A challenge of my patience, to extract my vengeance. And than disappear into the sunset, once vengeance has been exacted.

But just like the shadow government. I will also play the long game and be patient and contrived!

Kynreaa likes this.
  14. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

Like i said, you have issues. Get a girl instead.

Oaklay and Ruffe like this.
  15. Escapism

I think were just here to vent, none of the devs or publishers are reading this forum anyway.

You cant "vote" or support the devs through forums or social media, through reviews, complaints or rants. The only votes which count for PA are pearl purchases, and those votes have been screaming "we love your game, plox rip us off more!!!" for the past 3 years non-stop.

Oaklay, Life2v, Ruffe and 2 others like this.
  16. Alicia Dominica

Simple, because I enjoy a good forum drama. While the game may fall short compared to pretty much any of the big western MMOs, the forum still delivers perfectly. Popcorn anyone?

Oaklay, Balmafra, WoWisBest and 2 others like this.
  17. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

Youre exactly the type of player they were counting on existing.

Oaklay, DoctorPug, Life2v and 4 others like this.
  18. Ashenvall

I was and still paranoid about PA since april 2016 :D.

NannaOgg likes this.
  19. SheitpostingAlt

Good points OP, I agree on every one of them. They have gone too damn far.

Myself am still playing (on and off since launch), but my wallet has been and will be staying closed for these cashmilkers until they bring put the elephant on the table and dissect it.
    The MMO industry needs someone to show them that you can make more money in the long run by winning over the hearts of the players instead of their wallets for a short-lived peak in income.

This game is enjoyable, albeit a lot more tedious without the cash shop benefits. I warmly suggest you try, if for nothing else but for a better future of the genre. And for the challenge.

Oaklay, MoonDance17 and Kadmilos like this.
  20. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

LoL, supporting?...Oh you naive person you.
    Continuing to "support" these practices are doing 1 thing, causing lay-off's while lining pockets of people that do not have the industry's best interest at heart, aside from unwittingly tanking the very game you think you are "supporting".

Oaklay, zhagsten, Life2v and 2 others like this.