1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are you bothering?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kadmilos, Feb 12, 2019.

1. HogWash

I was sold a lie!!! They said from day 1 the European version of bdo would not be as p2w and gear based as the Korean version. Can dig links out to that claim.
    I purchase this game in Europe and play on Europe server but of course over time the lies and greed got strong from kako and pa turning the European version into Korean cash shop
    We used to voice our anger in hope of change but nah they don't listen and instead announce a global p2w version for everyone
    Lie lie lie

Reyer, Life2v, Ruffe and 2 others like this.
  2. Alicia Dominica

But that someone is not you, obviously.

It's amusing how people are so quick to judge what they consider poor business practices and then go all virtuous about not spending any money on that, yet they keep freeloading these services anyway. I mean what exactly do you think you are showing them in the first place? That you are some internet Robin Hood taking from the pearl-purchasing whales and giving to the non-purchasers (aka yourself)? I think you might wanna read up a bit on how that story goes.

There is nothing virtuous about your actions, all you do is displaying selfishness through your willingness to reap benefits at the expense of others. If anything, you are showing the MMO industry that you are the kind of entitled person that is all too happy with this current model of milking the top tier of paying customers in order to keep the game going for a majority of freeloaders. You will never get anything other than cash grabs in that kind of environment. But hey, I got it, you are waiting till everyone else is doing it first. That's why things never change.

#22 Alicia Dominica, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2019
    Arreyanne, Balmafra, Kadmilos and 2 others like this.
  3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

them in this case. with solutions in the pearl shop. :D

Life2v, Ruffe and Kadmilos like this.
  4. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 60 NA

[​IMG]

5. Sadalsuud

Actually, I don't think this is true : this market has no regulation and can generate insane amount of money. Moreover, players are getting used to these financial models and some may even think that these companies are doing them a favor by creating a "free" game, thus the need to "support" the company.

In the end, we have to remember who we are : consumers. We don't have to support, we have to buy while carefully thinking about what we're buying, and we have a right to voice our insatisfaction about some points.

Ruffe, Kalade and Fearless V like this.
  6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Education is key in this instance of naive thinking. (Edit: to the person you were responding to, and to people who think keeping their wallet closed is anytype of solution)

What people fail to realize is they them selves are content, and through that means may be more valuable then what they would ever be willing to invest willingly with cash.

Someone somewhere claimed speaking with your wallet was a solution, it is not in itself a solution. It causes 1 of 2 things, lay-offs of people at the bottom, or even more P2W mechanics to be put in place.

There is not going to be an easy solution, it will take a combination of actually being able to afford a game you enjoy, while providing feedback on what a person is willing to pay for.

It is no secret that this is one of the more expensive games on the market..I mean look at the graphics, it has a high PC requirement and pushes the boundaries for a reason..To attract the audience that can afford it. Nothing wrong with that...Except when deception is put in place, and unfortunately the industry has pressed the envelope far enough that now people are pressing back, and abusing government to do so.

Alicia Dominica and Fearless V like this.
  7. Tazmanyak

i no longer support PA
    I dont buy pearls anymore.
    I dont make suggestions, make bugs reports, or open technical tickets to help them fix/improve things.
    I just play the game, cause its still very enjoyable. But everyday, i feel the pain of being a freeloader, staying away from the cash-to-fast, seeing all the mecanics hidden behind the paywall.
    I will, for sure, think twice before playing any other game from PA or Kakao.

Reyer, Life2v, Ruffe and 4 others like this.
  8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

1 question I ask myself before buying anygame now.

Is it programed to be garbage unless I use it's cashshop?

If you took everything that required more then it's initial purchase price..Is the game still fun?

Or should it just be a freaken F2Play game?

Kadmilos likes this.
  9. SheitpostingAlt

Their prices are outrageous and you cannot deny that. Neither can you deny that their "business model" is solely constructed to milk as much money as they can and this is exactly why I refuse to give them my money. Freeloading on your expense? I don't care. Servers shut down when everyone else follows my call? Still don't care.

Altough I get a feeling that you act so damn agressive about this because your account history on cash purchases is 10 pages long and you regret it and your shitty, poor life as a byproduct.

What I'm saying is, in all my justified virtuousness, that this game is a greedy cash-grab and I refuse to support it and I really hope others will too. If they'd be less greedy and release content not engineered to bring as much profit home as possible, I would buy a value pack.

Just go back to filling your account with pearls and dont @ me again with your ********

Kadmilos and Findubar like this.
  10. WhySoSeeryus

their job is to create problems that are solvable with cash shop. ;D

Life2v, Ruffe, Kadmilos and 1 other person like this.
  11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

In that case..why lie to people, and not just make it a f2play modeled game.
    What is wrong with that?

The deception is when people get pissed off.

And yes..You are correct, that seems the be the goto profit model.

Fearless V likes this.
  12. WhySoSeeryus

this is where i got really mad. i got into the game coz everyone told me its not p2w (and it really kinda wasnt at the time). suddenly artisans, melting, pearl shop fiesta, smh exploits/rmt boom..... i really feel lied to and cheated out of my time.

silly me, expecting balance for half a year or more making excuses for the company just to be certain they wont ever do it properly after putting weapon coupons in the shop. IMBALANCE IS THE PRODUCT they are selling.

13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

First of all...What makes you think this game should cost less then $150 at the start, with a monthly subscription of $20?
    They deceived you is what.
    Understandably you are pissed. Don't take it out on people that actually know the true price of this high end game.

This is one of the more expensive games on the market..And look what you get for your money.

I told someone else, do not pretend your investment is supporting a company..If anything you just logging in and providing silver to those who P2Play buy using the Market place is providing for more money to the company from whales.

14. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Silly me too.
    Even sillier if I ever let myself, or others get deceived again though...correct?

Fearless V likes this.
  15. Findubar

Funny thing is, the truth is exactly the opposite. This game is a purely whale hunting simulator. They do not care about getting some money, but all the money. They expect you to buy 3 subs and whole load of ****. No reasonable person is going to give these greedy ****s so much money unless they are addicted like heroin to this **** game and that's exactly by design.

Shastalya and Ruffe like this.
  16. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Hmm, that's a good analogy..So how long till people discontinue being bait for these whales?
    When the realize they too need to invest and cant afford it, or prices drop to their affordable levels, and ingame progress means something?

17. WhySoSeeryus

progress is soon to be very profitable from cash shop. saving from 12,5-50 HOURS of pure grinding. thats presuming you can grind 80 million per hour to save 12,5 hours. many cant, ofc. lets say you grind 40 mil per hour. it saves you 25 HOURS.

cash shop will seem like a very very nice progress method. and that will further piss on people that actually worked for it.

Ruffe, Ashenvall and Fearless V like this.
  18. WNxArcticwolf

i actually like just playing the game.

I like the fishing grinding and SMH (just got into it) and like another person said. BDO is the only thing i enjoy on the MMO market. Rest of the mmos are just re skins of other MMOs older mmos too. there's nothing orginal. I haven't payed my way in BDO neither. and i got tet muskans tet grunil tet dandy ect. ALL from fishing/ grinding and buying gear off the MP. So yeah only money i sent to the devs is the money to buy the game.

19. Sadalsuud

+1, these words are wisely chosen.

Life2v and Ruffe like this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

so, can you give us a screenshot of your f2p progress since 2015? just for the sake of science.

Ruffe likes this.