1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are you bothering?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kadmilos, Feb 12, 2019.

1. WNxArcticwolf

Galdy and my GS is round 508

[​IMG]

2. crosspath

I am just enjoying the ride lifeskilling, rest of the game is pure unbalanced garbage, soon will be over... And ofc, not spending a dime, not cause i can't, just cause i don't reward bad service, not stupid...

#42 crosspath, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2019
    MoonDance17 and WoWisBest like this.
  3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

i dont mean to be disrespectful, but i can probably one shot your progress from 2015(!). and i havent bought artisans, melted costumes, smhd or rmtd.

thank you for the screenie tho. proves alot.

Ruffe likes this.
  4. WNxArcticwolf

what's it prove just out of intrest

5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

2015?...Yes you will be a good product of what avoiding the cash shop provides with ingame progress here.
    Id like to see as well.

I'm pretty sure a majority "just like playing the game" Heck I do as well. Affording to do so seems to be a major problem though.
    Unfortunately it seems plenty cannot afford to do so, but have been deceived into thinking they can...Time is just as much a commodity as money, is it not?

MoonDance17 and Fearless V like this.
  6. WhySoSeeryus

you obviously dont play the game competitive and have no interest in that aspect of it. for players as yourself, all is gucci.

Ruffe likes this.
  7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

That this game should adopt a free2play model, and stop deceiving people into what it actually cost.
    Now that's definitely not to say you did not get your moneys worth.
    I'm more then positive the escape you got to experience was worth the whole 9.99 price tag, maybe less if you got it on sale.

But, can you understand grievances from people that are not so easily satisfied?

(Edit: not directed to you personally but people that read) For instance hunger...Are you someone that just puts food in stomach, or do you value what you consume?

Now starvation..Do you pick BDO? Or settle for any time passing activity?

It seems like you have champagne taste on a beer budget if one picks BDO just to pass time, and not invest.

Now, if you stopped investing and did not state a reason..Shame on X for perpetuating this problem.

#47 Kynreaa, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Ruffe and Fearless V like this.
  8. Hoebbit

Since 2015? Pleb lvl pro lmao

Ruffe likes this.
  9. Viri´

I can see were people come from, there are so many opinions based on people with different Backgrounds.

I can only point out my opinion, i won't jump on a bandwagon of sorts.
    When it comes to judge on their buisness practises, well it's Kakao's decision, i can't argue, i don't have to like it but the vast majority of People will adapt, it ever was and it ever will be this way.

Since i work as a Marketer , i of course question their pricing and way promotion of serveral things in the cashhop.
    And as some1 who admits paying somewhat between 30-50€ Monthly on bdo ( and i don't feel bad about it, hell no!) , will say that things still don't feel like heavily p2w as it gets pointed out here.

I don't spend said value because i want to support a Company.. i'll spend it because i have a damn good time in this Game.. i think people are tempted to loose this aspect out of sight. Were is the Problem, paying for a thing ( or you name it ) you sincerly enjoy? Ppl go to the movies and pay 20€ here, they go out to the disco, spending 50€ there.. Well i don't like to go out as often so i'm perfectly fine spending 50€ or more for a Game i spend tons of time with.

I think it's all about perspective.

If i feel that a certain amount of money is neccesary to keep playing this and it will get too costly I will quit the game, as easy as it sounds but i won't cry about the money i spended thus far, i got something for that ( fun, met people, had a good time )..
    Since i don't have an Impact on their decisions.

I don't care if there are freeloaders, i don't care if there's People who are spending hundreds up to thousands on this game. I can only see at me and my little space that i'm comfortable with.

If sh*t hits the fan, they have to think about it anyways.. and there are major examples out there on: How to treat your customers fairly like: Warframe 's buisness model

There are many examples, especially nowadays for them to look at on: "how to not treat your customers".. look at EA, look at Bethesda, look at Activision, look at all the predators who gone one step too far with their milking /breaking promises.

Here again.. it's all about perspective.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  10. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

Lets be fair, at the start of the game p2w was not so impactful like nowadays. But honestly this is gabro for such long playtime (maybe put the hole gaming time in, dont rly belief this) and you should post all purchases from the cash shop (ofc you could gain pets, costumes, pearls and another stuff over time events).

Additionally you can post your electric power waste from your pc for the amount of afk time. (its a small bonus how much power waste you did for this sweet "progress")

Overall to the OP: The only reason to visit this forum is about the fun and entertainment. Obvious the direction of the game is set and there is no way to change it, since the "player base" is made and the costumers accept their "fate" for the direction of the game.

My problem will be more what do another company's thing about this?

Fearless V likes this.
  11. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

@OP

Because the company is greedy and not doing too much gymnastics to hide it, I respect them. I do not respect businesses that try to lie to me and tell me they actually care about me, or their product, etc etc. In truth, any competent company run by sane leaders wouldn't give a dam.

Such companies are easier to deal with, imo. I know what they want and I can get what I want. As long as they don't ask for too much or cross any borders, it's easier to deal with.

But, go on, keep looking for that mythical gaming company that doesn't actually want your money...

Viri´ likes this.
  12. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

"But, go on, keep looking for that mythical gaming company that doesn't actually want your money..."

Interesting..Where did you read that from?

I think you just made that part up. If not, you would not be a person to complain that movie theaters started having commercial interruptions mid show, cause profit is an excuse, or lay-off may happen...The Inshow adds stopped being enough to fund X? Perhaps your dining experience, needs to be funded via micro transactions or wait staff will be fired? What ever BS they sell you, you seem the person to gobble it up.

Perhaps, You enjoy Bs being added to food, cause its cheaper, and farmers would starve if High fructose cornsyrup was excluded...Perhaps nothing is enough, as long as ignorance is an excuse, and investors do what they do best...Multiply profits that fail to multiply anymore, by draining excess cash, with the hey looky here tactic, and when all is said an done..We are left with a shell of entertainment with an excuse to toss more money their way?

Perhaps the gymnastics to entertain their customers are what people want?
    This is the entertainment business is it not?

These are questions, not accusations.

#52 Kynreaa, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    MoonDance17, Life2v and Ruffe like this.
  13. Escapism

It proves that even after playing ~3.5 years and having wasted hundreds or thousands of hours here, youre not even close to be able to compete with those people who spent the same amount of time (or less even) while reaping a lot of additional benefits from the cashshop. Most top-geared players would easily one-shot you while you could barely scratch them.

And with how the gear progression in this game scales, reaching the current point where you could become competitive in pvp, would take you another 4-5 years at this rate of progression. Unless ofc overall incomes and enhancement would keep getting made easier, in which case the current top geared players would all by long be in full pen when you would finally hit todays "softcap+".

btw. how did you get 146 inventory slots without p2w? Did you actually invest all your loyalty into that instead of first max. weight upgrades and then additional storage or character slots? And where did those 290 pearls come from? got lucky with one of those event boxes or were they part of the original explorers pack or how it was called?

Ruffe likes this.
  14. Alicia Dominica

Ah yes, the classic example of the beggar biting the hand that feeds them and feeling perfectly entitled to it. You are making up nothing other than excuses in order to keep playing without spending a dime.

15. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

"Since i don't have an Impact on their decisions"

Who told you that lie, and what makes you believe it takes more then one voice/person to start change? Heck it only took 1 person to open the flood gates, it may take only one person to unite people to close them, and reign in the unsustainable business practice that will destroy this industry..Once again.

Life2v and Ruffe like this.
  16. Sadalsuud

Too bad you're spending your time talking about the virtuous paying players VS the
    evil freeloaders. Not caricatural at all.
    100% free players are insignificant in this matter, and we paying players are seeing our pleasure slowly getting devoured by greed. Should we not worry? Really?

MoonDance17 and Ruffe like this.
  17. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

What part of, it's not us VS us that you missed?

It is us VS BullS$%t business practice.

Ruffe and Fearless V like this.
  18. Sadalsuud

Shouldn't you be quoting Alicia instead? Because my message you quote and your answer seems to tell the same thing?!

Ruffe likes this.
  19. WNxArcticwolf

I Bearly go AFK in this game and turn off my pc when i go to sleep. so i play from 9am till 1AM-2AM everyday. And to someone who metioned beer. I don't drink.

20. WhySoSeeryus

u play whole day basically?

Fearless V likes this.