1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are you bothering?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kadmilos, Feb 12, 2019.

1. WNxArcticwolf

I made a mistake during getting the mini ehlpant thing over weighted my char too much tried some weight things from pearl shop didin't even make a dent in my weight ( waste of real life cash) tho for my invteory slots yes i bought a crap load with loyalty. Also i think PAs game here with the cash shop the pearls cash is i say an item for 2.500 pearls right for e.g but they dont have have a 25$ package of cash so you would have to buy a $30 package of cash. smart move on there part but i dont fall for that crap.

2. WNxArcticwolf

Yes

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

dude u should prolly be around 265-269 ap with the time investment u do if u play from 2015. and thats prolly without using money.

not even joking.

Ruffe and Sadalsuud like this.
  4. Eltruism

Oh dear god why revive this bullcrap thread.

Columba likes this.
  5. WNxArcticwolf

Well my 1st year or 2 i was helping everyone else expect me. Think thats where i made my mistake.

6. Fearless V

But what if BDO's RNG simply pulled a

I that case would it not be reasonable to expect that as the result of such. After all RNG and RNG right?

Kynreaa likes this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

Its tinfoil and all but it seems that newer accounts and steamies have better rng.

Reyer, Ruffe and Hezekiel like this.
  8. Hezekiel

i told you.
    ----

Im "still" playing this game because it is "still" the best mmo experience i can get. I played every single MMO released the past 15 years.
    BDOs core gameplay mechanics are just the best for me personally. Sure there are a few hidden gems like eve, osrs, etc. and the major critters meaning wow, gw2, ffx14, but none of them offeres the excellent core gameplaymechanics such as BDO does. The combat for me is just excellent and i barely cant comepare it to anything, closesd call might be blade and soul, but bdo is superior.
    Tho AgeOfConan comes to mind when thinking about brilliant mmo combat:

But its dead for other reasons.
    Also BDOs longterm feeling of progression and the gameplayloops delivered with that, is something i miss from other mmos, again maybe osrs comes close but does not deliver indepth as bdo does.
    The graphics and OpenWorld is simply the best plus there isnt even another modern SandBox competitor on the market.
    Honestly this game excells in every single gameplay beside PvE encouters and competetive PvP and when you think about that, thats an accomplishment.
    Especially on a market which totally focus on either scripted PvE or esports PvP...but not about the mmorpg anymore.

Thus said, I do not "care" about the game. Obviously it has been ripped apart and will never be what it could be due to retarded brainfcked PA and kakao. For sure patches and developement aint not make sense at all. It has totally gone down the pay2win hellhole for god knows why plus the community is based on retarded students who fail irl, watch animes all day long and never touched a girl. Or they are 40yo oldies without a job who never touched a girl either. But hay, i like em more than Fortknights.

So, why do i still play BDO?
    Even if PA manages to frankenstein their masterpiece more and more...:
    In its core-gameplay, BDO is the best MMORPG made to date.
    But as i said i do not care anymore, i just hammer down nerds who still argue "oh this is not pay2win because i got tri grunils".

Just take it for what is: a pay2win hellhole, totally retarded, brilliant of a mmorpg.

#68 Hezekiel, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  9. Schinrah

PA is simply lucky. Especially with their NA/EU version. A combination of false promises, outright lies, mixed with a lack of competition from other MMO's that would offer a similiar experience and the way they slowly creeped more p2w into the game got them a playerbase that is in a constant love/hate relationship with their game.

Wether intentional (most likely) or by accident, alot of players got hooked on the game when it wasn't nearly as blatantly p2w as it is now. Alot of us have alot of time, money, and emotions invested in this game. Alot of us have gotten to know new people, made friends, are in a guild with people they enjoy playing with. That makes it hard to just turn around and say kthxbye. Especially when at its core you like BDO, and thus lack any serious altnerative on the current mmo market.

This game would be dead if they had released the lvl of p2w they now blatantly push into it right from the start. I've spent more money on this game than any other I played. I've spent more money on it in 2y+ than I spent in 10years playing WoW (including buying all addons and the occassional char/server transfer). And that was from a time before it went full retard on the p2w, I haven't put a dime into BDO in the last couple months because I find it ridiculous how obviously they try to milk out the last bit of money they can from this game.

There will ofc still be white knights and people who are willing to spent endless amounts of money who defend this game. Because they truly think it is beneficial for them. Well, it is not. For every "whale" there are 1000s who aren't, and without the normal, average player, spending anything from 15-100 bucks a month on the game, you wont have a community big enough to enjoy the game. Unless showing off your awesome gear to some Desert Fogan on an empty server is your kind of thing.

10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Because new information has come to light.

11. SillySin

SillySin DarkKnight 62 EU

I like this game for 3 years now, despite all the issues we had, still love it and growing up means sometime you need to accept your surroundings even if it is not to your liking, not sure how you living wherever you do but i doubt you like everything there.

Fearless V likes this.
  12. Hezekiel

nother thing is why i returned to bdo, what else is there to look forward to, really?

WoW classic? dear god, the demo was a broken piece of crap and only got away withit cuz ppl overlooked it over DiabloMobile fiasco.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/9ubyr6/wow_classic_demo_feedback_bugs_and_legion/
    I bet my shoes activizzard will fck up classic on summer release.
    Pantheon? Na...maybe. Theyre in kickstarter for what, 5years now? And they barely can present what? Nothing really.
    This new AgeOfCamelot thingy? I dont see anything promising thus far. You can have 300 players in a castlesiege. Oh...wow.
    AshesOfCreation? Battleroyale. Most overrated crap running round the market atm. Fore sure ppl will be "bless"-ed again.

The only thing looking forward to might be LostArk but than i play korean OpenBeta, it feels way more stale than it looks.
    And you can bet your shoes and your socks this will turn into pay2win-haul on western release aswell, just as every single korean mmo did.

So yeah, what there really is to look forward to regarding mmos?
    Division 2? Tsehehe...

#72 Hezekiel, Feb 12, 2019
    Ruffe and Fearless V like this.
  13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Actually growing up means learning from your mistakes...Have you learned from them? Or do you make excuses for them?
    Excuses in this instance would be defending the current direction the industry is headed.

Currently people are trying to justify CEO Joe blow, and Johnny Cutcorners keeping their jobs, while doubling their salary every year, at the same time laying-off all the talent behind the scenes...It is unsustainable. The top needs to be replaced.

#73 Kynreaa, Feb 12, 2019
    MoonDance17 and Ruffe like this.
  14. crosspath

Don't need to look for other games, doubt that any of those companies managed to hit the trifecta, B2P + subscriptionS + predatory cashshop as these friends are doing...

Don't make me start on the point of "how to not treat your customers", you need to be a freaking hypocrite to talk about other games when here situation is 100 times worse...

Every single event, or important game change (renown and others) is thought to bring profit even if players QQ as hell, and even if blocks their progressing, for example this cake **** event, and my 89 inventory slots filled with honey and beans...

So yeah keep spending money and reward crap service...

Let's not talk about deliberate content delaying, as an example, manos processing has been in KR 11 months... GLOBAL BUILD FOR PREDATORY CASH SHOP FEATURES ONLY, not for content. But keep giving them money is normal that cash grabs happen more often and delays get longer and longer...

https://www.invenglobal.com/blackde...ering-mini-game-new-crystals-new-mealselixirs

FYI

#74 crosspath, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2019 at 1:29 PM
    MoonDance17, Life2v and Ruffe like this.
  15. easay9

Pearl Abyss is Korean EA games why are people still playing let alone paying them I have no idea. The combat is good but its not worth the thousands of dollars people spend to be competitive nor is there anything but the PVP and with how bad the state of PVP has become its simply a waste of time.

MoonDance17, Life2v and Ruffe like this.
  16. TeRRoRibleOne

WE CREATED THIS? You should maybe take a couple hours and go through this thread: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/...ed-in-game-accessibility-to-pearl-shop-items/

The community OVERWHELMINGLY didn't want the cash shop to be sold on the marketplace and the shitty GM who posted it changed the damn paragraphs of his own statement from asking the community what we thought to pretty much too bad. They have not listened to us in 3 years. Kakao has not helped us one bit in those 3 years. Both of these companies are pathetic.

Life2v and Ruffe like this.
  17. BDOMONSTER

Blame your teachers and the education system this is really common sense stuff and you simply don;t get it. Uhm it essentially is free2play? Its 10 bucks to buy lol. Its 2019 right? PEople spend 15 bucks for a coffee and snack each day, they pay 20 bucks to go watch a 2 hour movie. there is no p2w in bdo, and almost every person you think is a whale that spent 15 THOUSAND dollars to get a few pens isnt a whale they are just better than you. So shelve your ego, that is the real problem you lose to people because they are better than you in literally every way this game has to offer.

I saw this one dude streaming he religiously runs like 25 accounts....he logs in 25 accounts every day for years now, uses the money each account makes from log in rewards to then do 1000-2000 pila fe scrolls EVERY MONTH, then he also does it with his crew with all of the daily boss scrolls once every month. I realized wow I do not have the tenacity to ever compete with a person like this, its not that he is a whale, he is just more determined, he grinds longer, he spends more time doing everything in the game and he does it better than me, and there are certainly people who are better than him. Some people make spread sheets to min max every aspect of the game to peek at efficiency. When sea monster hunting was broken there were people who did it 60+ hours a week for months... No "cash shop whale" will ever compete with that type of income your dumb if you think its cash shop whales wrecking you, might be one or 2 here and there but most of them are simply better at the game than you. You did 10 hours a week SMH? They did 80 and ran 3 accounts doing it as well... while also having a perfect worker empire for the last 3 years, and maxed out earnings on trading when it was easy, and everything else.

You're just not that good get over yourself stop blaming the mythical almost none existent "p2w". You dont pay 2 win in BDO its literally just a short cut for some casual players to make some progress the top of the top didnt buy their way via the cash shop.

That said I been playing BDO off and on for almost the entire time, I have ~550 gear score zero need for the cash shop, literally never bought a value pack a kama buff nothing (most everything i bought was from spamming the market to get a value pack or an outfit., I play the game have fun wish it was better but never do I think the problem with BDO is the P2W because its not the problem, its a fact of life games that are persistent world MMO's need revenue to be maintained and updated.

18. Casty

I enjoy the game, have spent maybe 300 in the last year? no big deal

WHY do you bother with post like this ?

19. TeRRoRibleOne

Do you know how much coffee is or even a snack?

Fearless V likes this.
  20. Kalade

This is pretty much my outlook. Pearl Abyss/Kakao just got lucky because there was no competition in their little corner of the MMO market not to mention that, at the time of release, the game satisfied the demand for a "new Archeage" (now if only we could get a "new BDO"...). I remember when I first started playing, the only thing that people were arguing was "P2W" was the ghillie suit. That might seem crazy to people who started after 2016, but, yeah, that's where the game was at launch. No maids/butlers, artisans, costume melting, tents, loot scrolls, pet tiers (with max 3 pets out at once), or kama blessing ********. A lot of it really was convenience and vanity items in the cash shop, and that was what hooked many players. Also, Daum was a pretty good publisher before they dissolved into Kakao.

Bryanseven, Life2v and Ruffe like this.