1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why aren't there more PVP channels?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Factorial, Jul 16, 2019.

?

Should there be a 50/50 channel split for PVE/PVP?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. No

79 vote(s)
    65.8%
  1. Columba

I understand the other side of the coin where people are intentionally screwing up peoples’ rotations. I simply don’t think that reducing that bad behavior is worth opening up innocent players to terrible griefing. If you’ve ever played other free for all pvp games, you KNOW how bad griefing of lowbies will get. It’s not worth it imho.

Solitaire likes this.
  2. Xeniph

Completely agree.
    Yes I have played FFA pvp games and it can/does get bad.

Like I have said, true griefing/harassment, should be dealt with. Like a lvl 49 and below at trees just to mess with people.

Ideally since that seems it would fall under a harassment policy, it could be dealt with that way. However customer support is nearly non-existent/ too slow for that approach to work.

Solitaire and Columba like this.
  3. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Actually..100% it is all about your subjective thoughts.
    Why shouldn't it be, either you enjoy a challenge or you dont. If not, then you dislike consequences for failure...If consequence for failure does not equate to challenge in your opinion on its simplest terms, what does? The journey, with road blocks, or no road blocks??

...First of all, a single death on the side of the road wouldn't have any consequence with my Idea.

It would take you following the person, and losing at least 10-15 more times, before you got warned consequence for losing too much charisma would have an adverse affect on you.

The other dude still goes red.

#83 Kynreaa, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2019
  4. tvremotechair

this please
    the karma system is so unbalanced i usualy dont flag up even when im well overgeared for the spot because killing someone is no incentive for them to actually relinquish the spot
    if both parties have something to lose people would probably just duel, things would be a lot more civil.

5. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

just simply need to change pk/pvp system just like lineage2 has it

person1 flags and starts fighting person2, person2 does not fight back at all and once dies person1 receives -karma
    person1 flags and starts fighting person2, person2 does fight back and neither of them does lose -karma how ever fight ends

-karma from kill could also be increased even more after this and by changing it into this finally game would have pvp outside wars/arsha... now its just pk no matter what situation it is

IWalkAlone likes this.
  6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

If your not bothering anyone, then I guess you just eventually got bored, or had another obligation. Why else would you leave?

7. Columba

Well, if a ganker kills me, and I either rezz and fight back or return and fight, I am tagged as a so called “karmabomber!”

8. nolasigns

Could this be an evolved attitude developed from an reactionary response to learned experiences from those that imposed illogical theories that empowered their self importance over the other player-base?

Generally the experience of someone being PKed, over something as silly as a spot, wouldn't be comparable with having a beer with a pal, after work..

Or, maybe it's up there with the "the hens have come home to roost" level of social action. They're probably of the same type of thinking that broke off in the beginning, collectively creating by-laws for self serving reason, and had no problem serving up radical non-official enforcement on any non-conformist. Almost like a Bolshevik level revolution in a micro community. Sad. All the useful idiots took part in taking away the shared ownership of this product, and their freedoms to use it like it's supposed to be. Thus, handing the power over to those with a higher gear score, that justifies their imposition on others with a list of things that they pulled out of their asses. When it's meaningless, it has no value. With no value, it's going to be increasingly harder to sell this philosophy to those that don't see any reward in adhering to some subjective ********, that smells like ass, when it only benefits a bloc of people, that they shouldn't give two fly droppings about, because they have no more entitlement to the use of this product, in the open world, than anyone else.

Be interesting turn of events. I can't say i didn't see the possibility. I like to explore all perspectives, and really, I wouldn't blame them for getting more radical, and not respond as well. CHANCHING!!$$4 game purchased, outfits, value packs, gifts to female streamers because they know for that special "hi" to them exclusively meant she was ready for next level cam action. Gambles crons, artisans, splat splat splat "leave, spot taken" Obviously the question of; why a nobody, to them, feels they can decide for them when, where, what they do in a game they spend money on who the hell they think they are;? And all they have is this ass-backwards philosophy to legitimize their entitlement issues, and this imaginative empowerment to rightfully be a direct imposition on their gaming experience. People are not going to fall for that ****, anymore.

The big question is, with consideration to one side being of extroverted influence unrelated to the game to theorize use of one game mechanic, that still signals a negative result through another game mechanic. The other fully back by internal game mechanics, without the need for external influence. Who's being more rational, with their actions?

9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

"Thus, handing the power over to those with a higher gear score, that justifies their imposition on others with a list of things that they pulled out of their asses. When it's meaningless, it has no value. With no value, it's going to be increasingly harder to sell this philosophy to those that don't see any reward in adhering to some subjective ********, that smells like ass, when it only benefits a bloc of people, that they shouldn't give two fly droppings about, because they have no more entitlement to the use of this product, in the open world, than anyone else. "

Generally,..But we digress, do you enjoy a challenge with games you play or not?

10. nolasigns

Not entirely. That still depends on one's perspective to reward. Some people take on challenges for the emotional necessity of inwardly gained self worth, whilst another may find self worth on a more outwardly way, based on merit being the motivation. Not everything needs to be self serving, and in many ways, relying on emotions as a motivation to overcome many challenges are just that. A bit narcissistic, too, but anyone can be lead by them from time to time, to inspire.

11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

OK, so partially then. Do you feel the AI, and PvE time sinks provide enough challenge, or this game could use a lil more?
    Such as consequences for habitually losing in battle...not immediately of course, but over a length of time, kinda like the Karma meter.

10-15 times in a given moment on the same channel at the same spot? Then it seems you enjoy bothering people.

Its fine, so do other players.

#91 Kynreaa, Jul 18, 2019
  12. Xeniph

How does your system distinguish between the griefers and the folks trying to grind the rotation they already occupy? It appears it doesn't. Correct me if I am wrong?

I am of the mind that for no reason, anywhere in this game, should anyone be able to push a player out of a spot completely. Disrupt, sure. I don't do it to others, but I don't mind a little competition at times when it's done to me.

* I should iterate, there are people who, like me, ignore any and all open-world attempts, choosing to just rez at node and continue grinding.

#92 Xeniph, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  13. nolasigns

Again, asking a question that will always yield a subjective answer, without proper context to fully understanding the answer giver's interest on many variables, it leaves too much room for assuming when basic yes or no has potential to draw draw a similar image across all questions pending.

Somethings are a challenge, to me, if the challenge required strategy, problem solving, analysis. Some are simply a matter of repetitiveness with a treat at the end. I have extremely low tolerance for repetitive acts.

PvP a recycle of the same combo attempts generally loses my interest fast in 1v1. I find more interest in large scale battles, and weeks of behind the scenes strategic building leading up to them.

Sadly, gaming culture has shifted to out-geared zurges mentality.

14. dobe

This is actually a subjective opinion from your past experience which is objectively false without going into details,there is as much strategies on 1v1 play setting on how to generally and specificly how to handle our classes and strategies on largescale battle the only difference is the scope of the insight.

@ Others
    This thread is like all other threads about griefing VS fair behaviour with sound argument & feeling and complete irrelevant shite coming from self-entitlement thinking for themselves on both side of the balance.Causing post to go south with all the sh*it in it.
    My post here add nothing on the purpose of the thread but is only for calling you out about your own thought on your writings.

15. fenzz

wtf are you even talking about? did you even enter hystria once in your life? hystria and akkman dont suffer from these griefing issues because no only after you kill someone he either has to spawn back in the desert or use a tear. it is also very easy to feed them to mobs there because mobs can easily kill you in 1 cc. hystria spaces increase is only here to serve high geared players which already are fine with dueling for spots so it doesnt even concern them.

arguing with people with 0 ingame experience is such a waste of time. reminds me of the old luxenia threads..

16. Columba

Who said anything about 5-10? Is there a specific limit? Again I ask. If I am minding my own business, bothering NO ONE, and I get killed, why should I leave?

17. nolasigns

You'll have to take notice, he was asking a question that would have an inevitable subjective return, or, in my case, something easily mistaken for being an opinion. But, my response wasn't a broad sweep to describe other people's play-style, or the general play of 1v1, because of my learned experience, either.

It was actually more of an expression of my own limitations, to a particular play=style setting, which would naturally remove any personal enjoyment or finding it interesting enough to always treat it as a challenge worth mastering.

dobe likes this.
  18. MalGuldur

No i just go battle arena if i am looking for pvp open world is there to make silver not pvp.

Solitaire likes this.
  19. Auxey

Why should people not be able to return to their spots after getting killed by an individual that's clearly been to unwilling to talk to me and ask if I mind splitting the spot, when I plan on leaving or simply mind their own business and change channels/look somewhere else?
    It'd be an extreme design flaw to think that stronger geared people should be able to become stronger while weaker people can **** off.

#99 Auxey, Jul 18, 2019
  20. BloodLeshen

This is the reason I couldn't continue playing ESO, GW2, BnS,. and all those **** games with no purpose. I need open world pvp to be able to play a mmorpg.

Theresa million mmorpgs with no open world pvp for my little pony people and less than a hand full of open world pvp mmorpg's. And even with BDO's open world pvp they have so many safe spots it sucks.

In AOW I used to get jumped while standing in town doing lifeskills at an npc. Best ever. Then 4hours later Im still street fighting toxic players on the roofs of Chengdu buildings. Sadly I doubt I'll ever experience that level of fun again -_-

IWalkAlone likes this.