1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why aren't there more PVP channels?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Factorial, Jul 16, 2019.

?

Should there be a 50/50 channel split for PVE/PVP?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. No

79 vote(s)
    65.8%
  1. NoisyBoy

Its the same people running the same spots bodythrowing day after day. Make them lose crystals and enjoy reading the there is too much death penalty threads

2. BloodLeshen

I agree 100%.

If I was grinding there first and a stronger player comes and just start killing my mobs or kill me I will keep coming back till you have a million -karma . That is not karma bombing. You can ask me or duel me or speak to me but don't think just because you are in a siege guild and have 280AP I'm just gonna run from getting bullied. Usually I will kill the mobs on my rotation until he gets fed up and leave... Because he won't kill you all day long. Well they do dec sometimes so thats the only negative part but even then I can still make his xp and drop buffs useless by interrupting which I will do until he pm my guild leader or leave.

Now if i do that to someone who was grinding there before me then that would be very wrong

#102 BloodLeshen, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2019
  3. NoisyBoy

I agree about the asking part etc. You should always be polite even in online games.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  4. BloodLeshen

Lol. on my Shai I had to be so friendly because I cannot pvp -_-. I am also on Turkey so there I must write Dolu which means spot taken and they dont understand anything anyways. So usually on my Main I would say "Spot taken Dolu"..

With my little useless shai I had to say

"Spot Taken, Dolu^^ Thank you very much have a nice day enjoy grinding" then just spam it when I see a white dot on my map.. It worked on some people

5. NoisyBoy

I never try to duel/kill if someone just talks. Nit that usually happens thought

6. cald123

Funny but true story of a griefer that goes so well with this also not very proud either but anyway . I don't flag very often because I know what the consequences are and is no fun trying to get out of harms way when you are red . One day this Lahn comes to my area I am grinding in because I don't usually flag I watch and wait to see what this fool is doing . Well they didn't flag me so was I happy but the fool did something that haven't seen much of zig zag across rotation messing up mobs and pop shot killing them . I was running collection scroll at the time so even offered party play because it was clear they were weaker and could help build exp for them . They ignored me so they continued this griefing zig zag on rotation just a head of me I flagged this fool was so low that oneshotted him and went red on it . Seeing how it I had 45min left on scroll and didn't want to change channel I threw up a Dec my Karma didn't dip to low where it was hard to get back so was back positive when Dec went active while dealing with the griefing and out killing the mobs on him . In this case griefer lost hard with the Dec active he was just part of the mobs after the second kill I thought the fool would leave but no he stuck around getting killed 10+ times as part of mobs my scroll was done . This is one of those cases that was clear griefer karmabomber and my first experience with it and this could have gone so wrong if they weren't associated with a guild . This is the part of the karma system that needs to be fixed the penalty should only be applied once on attacker of the same player in situations of multiple kills of same player if engaging more than one you are on your own .

NoisyBoy likes this.
  7. Eonian

No point adding more "PvP" channels if the existing ones are enough. It's just a channel with different karma rules, but it's still mainly a PvE grind channel like the rest.

A PvP channel would be just PvP: get everything through PvP.
    But that requires a PvP game.

This is a PvE grinding and afk simulator, RNG based "next generation MMO" whatever, but not a PvP game. You can't level through PvP and level matters, can't progress though it is gear based and so on.

You actually can 100% avoid "PvP" except being killed here and there, but you can't 100% avoid PvE, because "PvP" it's just an optional extra.

The "PvP' here is just means: go away, I want to PvE here, this is my PvE.

Nothing bad, it is, as it is, how is meant to be. It's not by accident. If you like it, play it, and love it for what it is or hate it, but won't just change suddenly: it's already done.

Just don't imagine that is something else and be frustrated forever. Still can be fun and loved, by those who are into this sort of game. There are other games where you can avoid PvE and afk and most of RNG. This is not such a game.

Solitaire, Maginha, Sv Cassjo and 3 others like this.
  8. AngryBvr

AngryBvr Mujava Maehwa 62 EU

Remove item drop rate buff from Arsha. Most people go there to pve anyway. Not because pvp with no penalties.

Solitaire and Columba like this.
  9. Icywave

An open world pvp game with non-equalized gear entirely dependent on pveíng for progression and income is not a true pvp game.. It has it , but it's focus is pve and will always be that way. It just has the added benefit of being able to pvp with the gear you spent 90% of your time working on to show off.

Adding another pvp channel accomplishes nothing but simply adding another channel with another drop rate buff that people will PvE on.

Also, most people go to Battle Arena to get quality PvP for their time for practice and actually good fights, but then again we're talking about gear carried PvP where every stat is 100% passive (evasion, damage reduction, resistance, accuracy, etc) so all you do is land 1st cc and spam super armor, cool stuff and super wheel chair approved

[​IMG]

Solitaire, woots and Sv Cassjo like this.
  10. BloodLeshen

Well you go there cause ist actually PVE without issues and ********. I hate grinding when idiots keep meddling in with my rotation and I cannot flag on them.. Arsha fix that and in most cases people on arsha are better geared than me so its hard fights. that drop rate is so BS anyways..

11. NoisyBoy

Since karmabombing is a mechanic, and they talk about non-consensual pvp while they interfere with other ppl chores just feed them to the mobs. Since its possible i suppose its what we are meant to do

12. Foo

Foo

tbh if you wanna go murder people always plenty of 210 people at hexe on arsha

Columba likes this.
  13. Foo

Foo

50% buff + loot scroll + kama is on steroids right now for farming there cause relics are literally 1.8m ea

14. Vunak

Vunak DarkKnight 61 NA

Karma loss is not the issue. The issue is losing Karma for no gain because their are no consequences for the other person. The person killed can just keep returning without a single care in the world every few minutes. If people that were killed twice in OWPVP had to return to the nearest city or the desert system was in place everywhere I doubt many complaints about karma would be around.

Sidina and NoisyBoy like this.
  15. Jena

I think there should be a 50/50 split if the PVE channels are for PVE only and not pk or griefing. No one can be attacked on those channels as in knocking them off horses and all that garbage. Duels are another thing as are node wars and such, but the pks and ganking on those PVE channels should be stopped entirely.

16. Xeniph

Then you would have situations like the old system.

<Insert guild name> Declares <insert spot> is ours for the day, anyone trying to grind here will be sent back to town, thank you.

The new system was implemented for this very reason, large guilds could no longer push out folks just trying to play.

We all hear you pvp folks. It's not enough you can declare on siege ready guilds and pvp with no penalties in open world, or choose to be a "bad" guy and go full on red for the freedom (with some hefty penalties).

You want to be able to impose your will on everyone, with little consequence.

Adding penalties to death would only invite MORE griefing than we have now, proven by the original system, hence it's removal. I'll give you a very small example.

Person A- /g Hey Fred, come help me kick this guy out of a spot. This is my 3rd channel hop and nothing is open, so he drew the short end of the stick.
    Person B- /g Where and can we just declare?
    Person A- /g Fogans I have already gotten him twice, couple more and he has to go back to town. He's not guilded.
    Person B- /g Ugg,, fine I'm heading that way.

Person C (Victim) gets sent out of his spot.

This is not balance or cool. It's toxic behavior and the exact reason the current system is in place. Karma loss for this behavior IS the issue, because people like this want to only dip in and out of the system and not go full red. At full red you have the freedom to do what you want, to whom you want anywhere you want. You just better be able to back it up or you will lose stuff. It's just most of the folks that are toxic like this want to be able to benefit from the system without going red.

Solitaire and Lord_Xenon like this.
  17. MoZex

MoZex Ninja 62 EU

Your parents raised you well!

18. Columba

It’s not a mechanic. There is no intentional design that is called karma bombing, its inferred from how people play the game. Try feeding me to the mobs, lol, has never worked on me.

Xeniph likes this.
  19. 2Cents

So you state in your own words "hystria spaces increase is here to serve higher geared players" meaning you KNOW Pearl Abyss did this to reduce the competition for the area.

Yet, you still can't figure anything out?

Why did Pearl Abyss increase the space, when players are supposed to fight each other like rabid dogs for game space?

How sad this is what you think of your fellow human being
    [​IMG]

Solitaire and Xeniph like this.
  20. Columba

The other person didn’t choose to fight, you did. Therefore, you assume the responsibility and get the benefit and or the penalties.

Solitaire and Xeniph like this.