1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can we remote collect a mount with trade good in its inventory ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Denthors, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Denthors

I did a mistake, I got distracted for a short time, instead to pressing the recovery button, I clicked remote collect, and at that moment I got distracted and pressed the space bar and lost 1000 Calpheon timber crate.

A simple mistake. am pretty sure it happened to a lot of people.

Why can we do it ?

We should not be able to remote collect any mount with trade good.
    (the button should be disabled when you have a mount out with trade good in its inventory)

Its stupid.

Nobody want that or want to do that.

I don't even know why we can and why it is in the game.

I don't know, maybe. if there was a pearl item to recover your lost item, them maybe that could be a reason why someone would want do it.

But, no, there is ABSOLUTELY no reason for someone to do that.

So, dear CM,and Devs let me ask you 2 simple questions :

1 Why can we do it ?

What is the reasoning behind this "feature" ?. Frustrate your player up to the point they want the kill them self ? I don't know if you noticed but dead people don't really spend money in your game.

2. Can you recover my crates ?

2. Life Aries

I can think of a good reason: you ventured into an area that is too high level for you and died but your horse is still out there. There are all kinds of permutations of that including the end all be all which is that if you absolutely cannot get to your horse, the only way to get it back is by calling it back. If that's disabled, you can't do that.

In your proposal, you want to remove this capability so that you don't accidentally click the wrong thing.

Ridiculous idea, tbh.

3. Sairek Ceareste

Sairek Ceareste Ceareste Wizard 59

To be frank, the chances of that happening is even less likely than accidentally clicking the recovery button with a horse carrying expensive trade goods.

...Apparently.

Aside from someone doing so intentionally -- even in the worst case scenarios I can think of -- getting the horse back would be an inconvenience but not impossible and no less an inconvenience than losing the trade goods in the first place. Even then if someone really, truly, couldn't access their horse, then it should be something a GM would be able to solve, and hopefully the problem that causes someone to not be able to access their horse, such as them somehow getting stuck, would be fixed up and not be able to happen again.

With all of that being said, take it all with a grain of salt or three because I somehow manage to gracefully wedge my boat once in the middle of the ****ing ocean. No land, no rocks -- pure salty water. Most of that salt probably came from me from having to swim back to land.

4. Denthors

the scenario you are proposing is impossible and improbable. you do not venture into an area that is too high level for you when you have for 200m worth of crate on your horse back.
    wth did you even read my post ?
    am talking about trade goods and remote collection, not just remote collection when you forgot your horse at your grind spot.
    In my opinion you don't even play this game. becaue you don't know what you are talking about and what am talking about.

5. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

you did a mistake and you paid for it

i didn't do a mistake when i started this game cus i started a game which was actually fine but i still paid for it cus they changed it while it was in progress after i was already neck deep in it and now it's nothing resembling to what i started playing for

one of the best things in life is to "pay for your mistakes" and one of the worst things in life is to pay for other people's mistakes and bdo is full of the latter nowadays , sadly

anyway to answer you why you can do it

because once upon a time the trade goods werent destroyed and they changed it so you can't move trade goods as fast for whatever reason but they didn't remove the function cus this is PA and everything they do is half-assed and the game is plagued with outdated or old mechanics combined with newer mechanics and that's why everything in bdo is broken , cus they try to change the old parts of the game but they don't change the whole thing so the new components don't fit and mix with the old components cause the new devs are so ridiculously inconsiderate they can't use their imagination for anything

it's like buying a new motherboard and not replacing your old parts so now they don't have the same sockets , that's what these people do. Inconsiderate and detached from their own game

if i were hired for pearl abyss or something i'd polish all these issues from the game because i actually play the game so i can actually see and experience them and because i have some common sense and it seems that they don't play the game or have common sense cus there are so many random hurdles like these and they haven't been touched at all

oh and also there are 5930285025209 users reporting all these things but they still haven't been touched cus they also don't even care about what the community says

lmao at this point btw im speechless, these korean kids just see their playerbase as money cattle and they are complete emotionless stone-cold killas who don't care about anything besides their wallet's thickness

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

dont even joke about this.

7. Plunge

Plunge Cadern_180831091355734 Valkyrie 57 NA

Transporting crates to Valencia on a character that is under level 50 in order to not get PK'd, you evidently don't do crates a lot if you think the situation is impossible.

Considering the rather rude reply you've given someone consider losing those crates as karma, you have to click two separate things in order to collect your horse, one of them even has a warning. You really only have yourself to blame, chalk it up as a loss and learn from your mistakes. Remote collection should not be disabled if you have crates, otherwise there's no way to collect your horse if it has fallen in a river.

8. Denthors

if your horse fall into a river it is going to be automatically remote collected to the nearest stable after a small period of time.I know it happened to me a lot of time. and if your horse have trade good on its back you gonna lose them too.
    and its probably your fault too if your horse when in the river

dont try to find a reason to remote collect a mount with trade good , there is none.
    why are you defending a flaw in the game ?
    And you could not be more wrong, I do lot of crates. probably a lot more then you ever did in your life. and I never got pk'd a single time. in almost 3 years while doing my crate transportation.
    why are you not using a toon lvl 49 you can't get pk'd that way

#8 Denthors, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  9. Zyrees

Zyrees Maehwa EU

You overload your horse and than went by foot to the stable guy in the city where you wanted to trade in your stuff. At the npc you can only click remote control when your horse is not near the stable npc. So you clicked by accident at an option full known that it was not an accident because you only wanted to save traveltime and lost items due to your own fault because you were not knowing that this was changed only for that reason months ago.

Lmao rip crates

10. Denthors

no my horse was with me I wanted to recover its stamina but got distracted( I dont wanna elaborate on this would take too long) and pressed the wrong button when I came back at the computer.

you should read before commenting

11. Plunge

Plunge Cadern_180831091355734 Valkyrie 57 NA

Never said it wasn't the player's fault, just like its your fault currently for ending up in a situation where you've remote collected your Calpheon crates. Remote Colelction is needed when you can't get to your horse again, regardless of whether it has crates or not. You're calling this a game flaw yet the game tells you quite openly that you shouldn't remote collect if you have trade items.

[​IMG]

I highly doubt that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Life Aries

OP is an asshat and totally deserved to lose his crates. He's obviously new as he doesn't even know that crate stacking is /technically/ an exploit. When prompted, GMs explain that it is a known exploit but they are not punishing people for doing it as it has just sort of become a standard practice now.

OP: requesting your crates be returned is ridiculous for the above and of course because you're the perfect combination of lazy, ignorant and self-entitled. There are two lessons to be learned here: 1) Pay attention; 2) Don't come to community forums with your stupidity expecting people to get behind your proposed changes to the game to correct your stupidity.

13. Denthors

yet nobody can tell/give me a valid reason as to why we can remote collect a mount with trade goods in its inventory

wtf you guys are the worst community there is.

lol you are the most hypocrite person there is , why do you do carte ? to keep them in your storage ?

take your trash crate and put them in your ....

we will never get things change with bad people like you.

#13 Denthors, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2018
  14. Life Aries

You were given a perfectly good reason. Just take a walk buddy and get over it.

15. deFleuves

Thanks. I guess.

It's the same reason why you can remote collect a mount in the first place. Don't play stupid.

16. elgen

Playing since 2016 and unaware of how the remote collect system works. Even when a giant warning message pops up that you are required to confirm.

Pro tip do not randomly click buttons when your not paying attention then claim it's a design flaw. What is a design flaw is that your exploiting stacking your horse with packs. But we don't see you going off the deep end about it do we ?

Stres likes this.
  17. Ravare

Stop asking for a reason why. They warned you with an in-game warning and you clicked past it without being aware.

Sorry but its not the community being rude, its just us stating that the company put in something to help you from doing this and you bypassed it without reading. End User error.

I have had times where I had my horse at Pirates (back when Pirates was the best grind spot) and I had some coins on it. I had a guild war pop and took the port but left my horse at Pirate Island.........but I needed my horse for the war.........so I remote collected my horse and loss the trade items, but I accepted the loss because I needed my horse where I was at and could not go back to get it.

But still, I read what I was clicking before I clicked it.

18. yukishiro1

They give you a warning. If there was no warning it would be legitimate to complain about it...but you are essentially complaining because they warned you and you were too clueless to actually read the warning before clicking through it.

So you want the system changed to not even have the option, so that clueless people who aren't paying attention will benefit while those who are paying attention will lose the option.

Not a very convincing pitch. You can't really protect stupid people from themselves.

19. Valient

Valient Ninja 60 EU

if you cant help the guy, dont make it worse by being c**nts.

OP, you do get the warning msg, and you seems to have just spaced/entered past it, the devs cant do anything about that, a lesson to be learnt. sad to hear about the crates.

20. Lachdanan

theres so much player who mess up their crate runs...

time to agree on that we need a way to afk ship mass crates to towns without glitching th game?
    why is the hardest part in making crate money in the delivery of those crates..
    give a gdamn feature to afk deliver 70 k crates to a town of choice already PA

delivering should have never been the bottleneck for this lifeskill, it is already bad enough
    the core mechanic of making money through crates should be to actual make them using workers and manage resources
    not deliver them having to use glitches and stack crates into 100thousands because you know how bad it will be to turn them all in at some point so you keep delaying it

it is still a game after all that supposed to be fun

creating and selling crates is different from buying and selling tradegoods around the world of bdo
    get the cancerous crate moving mechanics out of crate runs already