1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't Pegasus actualy fly??

Discussion in 'PvE' started by Avilias De Merci, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Avilias De Merci

Why can't Pegasus actualy fly?? tons of other games have managed it, including many MMOs so why is the Pegasus, a Legendary FLYING horse limited to hop, skips and short Glides, considering the Work getting a Corser and the training it into a Dream horse without actual flight, the Ability say to fly to Grana from Veila in a straight line over Mountain, Sea and Forest seems really disapointing, Whats your view should we all press for a truely flying Pegasus :)

Kharneth, Mkate, ViktoryiaV and 4 others like this.
  2. Myntiix

Because this isnt any other mmorpg. Actual flying would be too much.

Rilok likes this.
  3. Exaah

4. Factorial

Once they figure out the coding I think they will let it fly for real. Give it time I think. I would love to fly around this amazing game world!!!

5. Kyraios

Kyraios Sagaris Valkyrie NA

Theyll never allow it Because people exploit everything. A few examples of how this could be utilized:

Node wars/seige - ignoring defenses and flying into bases/castles

Ranged character mounted combat - ranged characters could unfairly and safely kill melee characters from a distance (applicable to open world as well)

And if they do allow for flying then the game itself might actually break: the pop ins, textures and data load could cause crashes.

Me personally I just want my pegasus wings to always be on display instead of disappearing ~__~

VasilisD, Rilok and Fateneko like this.
  6. Fateneko

(Flight starts at 4:40)
    It sorta could fly farther & longer but then it got nerfed. Not sure if the developers mentioned why they nerfed it.

7. Avilias De Merci

Well you invest in a corser, get a Pegasus so it should be able to fly over casle walls, thats why its a Pegasus :( and btw Ranged characters can the heck out of mellee types from horseback anyway :)

8. Avilias De Merci

btw Ranged characters can do that from horseback anyway :)

9. Avilias De Merci

nice but again it was more like glideing :) if the Mount can't fly it shouldnt exist Imho :)

10. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

Flying has always decreased the open world interaction among players since everyone just flies everywhere (look at WoW for reference). As plenty have mentioned, it would actually break the game on multiple levels. For example, all it would take is one witch/wiz/archer on a Pegasus to drop a base without ever having be worried about being hit.

Fateneko likes this.
  11. Avilias De Merci

Then Scap Pegasus as its pointless IMHO

12. GAiNZ

this thread is pointless imho

13. papragu

The PVP excuse is BS, since they could put up a noflyzone around nodes during node wars. For open world, deactivate mounted combat during flight or in general. So those are really no real excuses why it can't fly. Specially since we have domesticated NPC griffons flying around since couple of updates now.

VasilisD likes this.
  14. Törni

No one would want the other two t9s if pega could fly - the gliding itself is more than enough in order to be able to make a clever use of the environment and be able to skip different obstacles and create shortcuts, that are inaccessible to the other two.

All 3 horses has its pro and con and it's fine that way.

#14 Törni, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    WodanSX and Rilok like this.