1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't we have this type of pvp??

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Goyen, Aug 9, 2019.

1. 2Cents

Simple re use timers, resource management etc is a much better way. It would prevent people from just infinite spamming attacks. Many games already do this.

The problem with that kind of development is it takes time, thought, effort, and testing. None of which are in PA's wheel house.

Pook600 likes this.
  2. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

you realize there are wiz/witch in the mobile version right? The gameplay is totally different.

3. 6footgeeks

its about as p2w as the live version, but last i checked it had a ranked, bracketed 1v1 and small scale arena. so automatically better than the live version PvP wise for myself. yep. waiting for it myself.

4. fenzz

am i the only one that see this game is an even farther dumbed version of the original game?

its extremely slow, there are much fewer combos and it overall looks extremely boring to play..

i mean, even the over-flashy-animations and camrea shake is a turnoff you can turn that on in bdo and see how much you enjoy it after a while.

also lets not forget not even half of that **** can function in an openworld mmo environment so why are we even comparing?

5. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Because the grass is greaner elsewhere feeling?
    Or because its the the awk warrior style effect seeing how simple and effective cheesing is and want the same in the pc game?
    Or people think the "combat" is globally lasting on this video without knowing the scaling ratio of AP/DP of both pc and mobile version?
    Surely a combination of the 3!

6. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

I may be wrong, but I think he said "live" as a reference to the PC game, our live servers, which have the same problem of P2W.

But only @Goyen can confirm.

7. Goyen

Confirmed <3

8. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Well I misread there.
    Mobile is way more p2w than PC version, by far. They don't make more money with the mobile version than with PC one because it's a good/better game, it's just way more p2w.

9. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Sword and Shield Warrior used grab in the video..

10. Jaeger

The only good thing is, there is no ONE SHOT.

11. Tjaranis

yet,,, just wait p2w will come in every mmo untill laws utterly destroy and eat the evil plagues bringing it.

12. Ubbles

If the game has the same gearing system as PC bdo it will be no different there was barely any 1 shot nonsense when the game was new and everyone was running around in yuria and such. Honestly the only thing that video showed was pretty much a Crappy Shadow Arena/Arsha Arena for me at least in a 1v1 fashion. People just fed up with the current get CC'ed and 1 combo'ed meta because Dp scales poorly in comparison to AP.

All I really watched was pretty much the same as like watching 100 ap ppl whack at each other.

13. nolasigns

It's the general direction development of games are heading. Intuitive, interactive and evolve mechanics. The skill sheet based, and skill based hybrids (flashy 25 hits, and spins, flips, twirlst with tons of glittery particals type presets) are about to be put to pasture finally.

Players will be able to custom create combos and styles starting from a class based template. The template will have the basic behavior and minimal effects in accordance to the class and weapon characteristics. The characteristics could have dramatic alterations through repeatedly practice routines of successful fluid motions. Or it can evolve with subtle changes to fit the players comfort and they wouldn't even realize it, really. Probably why no one notices it being tested on us, now.

14. Lemon Crush

Yet the pvp in mobile with out them is perfectly fine, and better than the **** show that is BDO PC. Your logic is flawed there buddy.

15. Derewen

Maginha likes this.
  16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Is that logic not flawed as well? :^)
    BDO Mobile does not have 200+ people sieges which require an absolute different kind of balance.

I mean I do understand that people want the game more balanced around small scale (would probably like that myself) but I honestly doubt it's gonna happen. It would require an entire game rework. Every single skill needs different damage numbers then, animation speed, CCs, etc...

17. Stealthe

I agree but their should also be a way to counter grabs and iframes then too...Why should you have a hard counter to the only defense wiz has but they have no way to stop your grab?

18. easay9

There is a counter though its called stack high grapple resist

When i come across people that do this you would be surprised how often i die for attempting to grab. Grabs are also missed or dysnc takes over ans makes it so you can do no damage to the person grabbed.

19. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Where is the iframe counter? Resis counter iframes now? Besides that grab resi ignore can be stacked up to 100% (depends on alchemy stone) so how exactly would resis counter grab in your scenario?

20. Lemon Crush

You act like large scale is balanced to begin with.