1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do other classes than wizard even exist in PvP?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Gaven, May 5, 2017.

1. JRZY

flex tasks?? what do you mean? are you talking along the lines of cannon team? witch/wiz shouldn't be doing those tasks

2. Sizer

Sizer Kilgannon Maehwa 62 NA

CC's Maehwa with over 210ap.

3. Sizer

Sizer Kilgannon Maehwa 62 NA

how fast can you kill Dismantle ?

4. Soulo

Wiz/witch is OP as hell..for reasons.....warrior also OP as hell for separate reasons. Don't be in denial

5. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

did u guys know witch and wizard have 0 sec cd SA (partial SA on their sidesteps) because why not
    then there's also the block exploit

then there's how they do 2 times more dmg since 3 weeks for no apparent reason whatsoever

then theres how they have 5 times better hitboxes and hitapplications than any other class

and how they have the highest accuracy in the game

and the best superbuff

and mana barrier making them one of the tankiest classes

oh and also the highest range in bdo

they also used to have a double jump (not sure if it still works) and could climb / grab ledges that no other class (except kuno/ninja) could reach

6. Catclaw

I love eating witch/wizards on my zerker

/shrug.

7. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 62 EU

Should I know who that is?

8. Beirut

this is not true.
    Our warrior is the most geared person so it is hard for people to fight them especially if he gets supported it just obliriates them. So gear beats class that was all I was implying.
    We do not have alot if wiz and witches who wants to do nodewars so our witches and wizard are easily taken out by assasins. The first thing the opponenet will target isn't the warrior but the witch and wizard itself. Knowing that they get targeted means that they get blown up really fast.
    The witch and wizards therefor mostly supports theyr team and then go in cast only about 2 spells before they have less then 10% health so thye have to escape.
    In the leaderboard the witch and wizard has no way to be at the top of the guild because of this even if they exceed 200 AP they just can not stay in the fight for to long.

And you can compare classes till a certain extent when you look at the kits it provides.

9. Helga_Hufflepuff

My main is a 61 witch.... I created a wizard 1-59 in 3 weeks so far lol gona push it to 61 too lol....Def love the wizard

Nits likes this.
  10. SillySin

SillySin DarkKnight 62 EU

maybe it is late to reply to this but i sense a humour from your side or sarcasm? i mean i am no where near to understand pvp fully but when it comes to math, you can count on me and this is why i like life skill & economy in this game, you might wonder why i am telling you this sir, siege/nodes scores with mostly top wizards and rbf with wizards and their colourful numbers just means anyone did pick wizard is a skilled player, anyone argue with you on that then refer him/her to me, the great mathematician.

11. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 62 EU

I dont need an argument cause arguing with a person who judges class balance based on what he sees in the guild he is in is futile.Knowing me you feel sorry for the class? Whats my ingame name then? And since we are getting started on personal insults, I guess its a little late to deal with your asberger syndrome but just in case the rest of the wiz/witches in you guild arent as unfortunate as you better inform them to Git Gud if their K/D ratios are worse than any warrior in a siege.

12. Nacario

we are strong in group/large scale no doubt, but he basically lists every feat all classes have that wiz supposedly have and that makes us 1v1 gods, which isnt entirely accurate, a feat done by most wiz complainers writing in affect

13. Tryldom

Tryldom Striker 61 EU

Yeah. Grabs, high mobility classes and block (warriors in particular) are all huge counters to Wizards in 1v1 situations. That is, if the opponent knows how to play their class.

Wizard generally facerolls bad players because bad players have a tendency to simply try and out trade their opponents, which in Wizards case doesn't really work. Match a Wizard against someone that knows to bait superarmor abilities, dodge the damage and engage with back attacks when the Wizard has frontal block, or a grab, and the Wizard suddenly isn't as scary.

Also the exaggeration in your post comes off as incredibly whiny and doesn't properly reflect the state of the class, so I'll go through them one at a time.

Top damage: Definitely in the top.
    CC in every move: Every class has CC on every move.
    Super armor on every move: If you think Wizard has super armor on every move then this explains why you have issues fighting them. A Wizard can rotate 3 super armors on a rather short cooldown, but there will always be an opening where he has only frontal block, and if he decides to move around or heal he has nothing.
    Best 100% in the game: Not at all. It is one of the highest damage 100%'s in the game, and in combination with its pretty large radius it's definitely pretty good. But in return its the only ultimate in the game that doesn't provide any kind of crowd control, and for the damage potential to be good it needs to be used on a target that is already KD'ed. There are ults in the game that does the same damage, or close to, but also provides crowd control, albeit in a smaller area.
    Best mobility: Warrior, Maehwa, Musa, Berserker, Tamer, Dark Knight, Ranger. All these classes can gapclose on a double teleport and interrupt a healing lighthouse before it has finished, then promptly kill you 100-0.

Fighting a Wizard is less about trying to faceroll out trade them and more about exploiting the fact that they have incredibly slow and predictable animations. If you don't get this then you'll lose every time, but not because "there is no weakness to Wizard in 1v1 situations".

#33 Tryldom, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  14. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 61 EU

and this is reason you dont play warrior, dont even know how to use ult xD maybe after grab/knockdown use ult and bye

15. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 62 EU

Yeah when fighting the undergeared scrubs you seem to be fighting I ll keep that in mind, pro warrior. Btw next time you bother quoting someone take the time to read what he wrote to avoid looking like an idiot, unless you are used to it.

16. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 61 EU

undergeared? iv played this game for 22days and pvping with 130ap/200dp againts 180ap/250dp and still giving them fight rofl... ps: ult takes like +60% of their hp
    kid who knew nothing

17. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 62 EU

You are right I give up those 430 GS people you fight are the top 1% after a year and a half this game is out...Get 180 ap and try your ulti on a 340dp evasion wiz/witch with 3400hp even in kd and come tell me how much life they got....Ps after they tp ulti tp out of any gap closer you have available pot and heal before you are on to them again tell me how it ended up in the end....

18. Tryldom

Tryldom Striker 61 EU

Get 220 AP with Vangertz and watch the 340 DP evasion Witch melt like butter.

19. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 62 EU

I do have a tri vang lying around in my bank but I barely have 213 ap with kutum as it is. My playtime is limited and upgrades require quite some time since my enchanting luck scrapes the bottom of the barrel.....I probably need two months till I can get a Tet vang and the upgrades in accessories to have 220 ap. Fought a 362 dp witch the other day and im still seeing nightmares about it....

20. Tryldom

Tryldom Striker 61 EU

How does fighting a 362 DP Witch give you nightmares? He built his character like a damage sponge; did he do any meaningful damage to you? Heck, let me rephrase; if he did do any meaningful damage to you with that much of his gear invested in DP, that means his gear was so vastly much better than yours that no matter which class it was they would win by default.

Nits and Nacario like this.