1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do people still

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Milekitic5, May 18, 2018.

1. Columba

I’ve gotten 5 free pets since beta

2. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Even if i did, it would have been because i can afford to. I'm a grown woman and can spend my money any way i please. I do not have to save my pocket money or ask mommy and daddy for $ to buy whatever it is i want and not be broke. So hating on someone for spending money just because you can't is a bit, silly little guy. Move on, everyone else did from your childish comments and replies. The grownups are having an actual debate on their take of p2w :)

Mistermoff and Columba like this.
  3. Backpackface

please for the love of god quit gaming your views are that of EA and Activision corporate commanders. PLASE PLEASE SAVE US AND QUIT GAMING. we can't handle people like you ruining the industry PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find an ew hobby. its best for both of us. 4grand omg, 4grand.

Solenya likes this.
  4. Solenya

Yeah, I came from a purely competitive games fps/mobas where the only buyable items are cosmetic and as such this "convenience shop" is very p2w for me. I understand supporting the game though, when I was in olvia I fell in love with BDO and liked it, as such I had no quarrel buying a VP, costume and pets. After all my money would help support the game and make it more enjoyable right? Then came the karanda incident last year...I was baffled by how the whole issue was handled and the state of the servers which, upon further investigation , were in that bad state for several years... as I started paying attention to this one question came to mind, wtf are they doing with my money? . I do believe in supporting the game but the management and the terribly implemented patches are one of the many reasons I believe whales are ruining the game. A company will never invest more time or money in something that is already making them money, hence if you stop buying things like a bozo you will force them to either better the game positively or lose income, something the bdo players seem to have a hard time of doing because of the oh so obvious advantages buying pearls gives you. As for Columba, I don't like deciphering what you post, keep on trolling somewhere else and maybe after you take a couple English classes I will respond to you.

#84 Solenya, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  5. Chaos Ronin

If people like me stopped gaming, people like you couldn't either. Welfare won't support these companies to release decent games and contents for kids like you. So think before you speak my friends

PS: Stay in school and less on video games, maybe someday you can afford nice things too and not hate on people who can :)

6. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

True,
    However its not just time. It's silver as well.

Artisan memories are a perfect example of that. Say a player not spending money fails 5 times on boss gear. Thats 50 memory fragments gone or 37.5M. Now take the person that is paying for artisans, they also failed 5 times however they only lost 9M. They could fail another 15 times before they = the cost of the person not buying artisans. Thats 15 more chances to get their enchant.

Anyone that argues thats not a clear advantage over someone spending money is lying to themselves.

Solenya likes this.
  7. Solenya

I do think backpack face is a bit triggered but who wouldn't be when what he says is true, EA got a lot of **** for their RNG loot boxes yet the MMO genre loves the money paying aspect and advantages this genre has to offer. Maybe the MMO community is just used to it, but I am from an fps community and we despise all convenient cash shop items. I do think these practices are ruining the gaming industry, if they were so confident in their product they could just make membership mandatory and everything else obtainable in game and it would go splendid but a lot of companies have these scummy practices that just want to milk money from customers. I firmly believe BDO would have made a lot more money as a membership, but then again would their server handle a big influx of players? They can't handle 2 70 man guilds Pvping in node war how could they handle millions of players like WoW?

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  8. Chaos Ronin

Well, i can't not agree with most of what you are saying, nor can i fully agree. Maybe i can meet in the middle and agree that BDO may be semi p2w? xD

9. Solenya

Agreed, and only because you can actually read unlike a lot of these whales who seem to ignore facts and joke about it.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  10. Jensen

you know you made it irl when you can spend mad $ in bdo

11. Lemon Crush

No but with the current system it gives you a definite advantage over someone not paying. You cannot ignore that. Your opinion on what P2W is clearly different than the majority. You view Pay 2 Win as gear..... well BDO the P2W comes from giving you more silver and chances at getting that gear.

Let me put it another way. Say they sold gear boxes in the pearl shop, but its RNG if you get a piece or not. You would view that as P2W because you can throw money at it until you get the gear you want.

Now I want you to keep the above in mind. Buying artisans is nearly the same type of mechanic, you throw money at the game until you get the enchant you need. Because of this item you are able to repair using far less silver than someone without allowing you to enchant more times for more chances at that high level gear. Because the bottle neck is Memory fragments and enchanting resources. You are paying to win by increasing that resource 4x over someone not paying.

Solenya likes this.
  12. Solenya

Yep, it's basically multiplying silver and cutting down on hours of scroll groups which are tedious and boring. If instead of AM's they would sell you packages of silver ( 1 Aritsan memory = 2.25M ) which is what they are then people would be in uproar, but since it's not raw silver it magically becomes convenient only.

13. Lemon Crush

Or they are a trust fund kid, with rich parents lel.

Solenya likes this.
  14. Backpackface

Please just stop. Please video games are better without whales. even if they have lower budgets idc look what the budget has given us.

Faeries, a useless zone barely anyone goes too, and a whale boss that crashed the serveers and no one has done since. Your money is helping in all this great new content wow thank you so much. Thank you for funding htis recent patch notes ty so much. W/o you PA would be bankrupt with my pitiful 3-400$ invested they need 4 ****ING GRAND per player to make a good game.

#94 Backpackface, May 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2018
  15. Chaos Ronin

Wasnt here to "boast" about having money (if that's how it came across to some people). It was just to argue my opinion on p2w and decided to meet in the middle. It was actually fun if i'm honest :)

16. Solenya

They are but the more I argue this point the more I come to realize this is the best we cant get, also the pay to win aspect is not a problem with BDO its a MMO genre problem in general, maybe because FPS and MOBA people have always boycotted the few FPS/MOBA games that did try to implement cash shop items other than cosmetics. TL:DR MMO's are dead, they will all be riddled with micro transactions, even bless has a "convenience shop" . To avoid this all together would be to avoid MMO's which is something I will be doing.

17. Jensen

Backpackface likes this.
  18. Solenya

19. Backpackface

GW2, WoW, FF14, Mortal Online, Runescape, EVE, ESO, PoE, so many games arn't p2w.

20. Chaos Ronin

Not denying that in the slightest :) If you read my earlier posts (maybe you did) i did say i didn't believe BDO was HEAVY p2w and i did come to agree it may be semi p2w. My opinion on p2w is clearly different to others and i cant argue that :)