1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do we need 2 Deserts? Pepega Abyss

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ripit, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Maevynn

You... do know that Zenimax Online Studios revealed they're developing a new IP and are looking for people with 'MMO development experience' to work on it, right?

https://www.vgr.com/new-ip-elder-scrolls-online-developers/
    https://www.tweaktown.com/news/63561/zenimax-online-making-new-mmorpg/index.html
    https://massivelyop.com/2018/10/17/...ng-for-a-project-based-on-an-exciting-new-ip/

Let's look at other MMORPG developers:
    • Arenanet: GW1 (2005) → GW2 (2012)
    • Daybreak: Everquest (1999) → Everquest 2 (2004) → Dungeons & Dragons Online (2006) → LoTRO (2007) → DC Universe Online (2011)
    • Cryptic: City of Heroes (2004) → Champions Online (2006) → Star Trek Online (2010) → Neverwinter (2013) → MTG MMORPG (TBA)
    • Zenimax Online Studios: Elder Scrolls Online (2014) → Unknown MMO Project (TBA)
    • Bluehole: TERA (2011) → Devillan (2015) → Ascent: Infinite Realm (TBA)
    So, we can add:
    • Pearl Abyss: Black Desert (2014 open beta, rolled into official release in 2015) → Crimson Desert (TBA) / DokeV (TBA)
      • Based on other developers, we can probably expect a new MMORPG from Pearl Abyss 5+ years after Crimson Desert launches, but very likely in less than 10 years.
      • We still know almost nothing about CD as an MMORPG.
    Blizzard is the only major long-standing MMORPG-producing developer I can think of that hasn't at least attempted to make a new MMORPG, and that's likely because they're on the top and really shouldn't do anything to jeopardize that while they're there. Pearl Abyss also said that they'd continue development on BDO and that there's more to look forward to in the years to come. They have more than half a thousand workers, so I've been thinking they can handle putting a crew on BDO and pretty much give us the same amount of developers there've always had since they expanded so significantly.

What're your opinions on that, though? Are you worried more about CD taking players away? I'd say that's a pretty legitimate fear unless CD ends up extremely different from BD.

#61 Maevynn, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  2. Corrus

I am just p**# off they don't improve bdo in any way. They throw some events our way, and some game mechanics which they call Expansion or whatever, that's it. I've seen pretty much more for ESO.

Auralexia likes this.
  3. woots

yes it is indeed pretty limited, 've always said that BNS have a far far better morphing system,

Maevynn likes this.
  4. Dalenos

Why because the monies that's why they need to make more monies and milk more whales.

5. ripit

While i agree with most of what you said. I'm 214ap grinding areas that feel the same as they did before, mainly sycraia manshaums, both have a big cc mob and smaller mobs that knock u down as well, literally the same dude.. people who decide this are the customers paying them for a product and service, value packs may as well be a subscription so who the **** r u to say otherwise. Lifeskills that need updates fishing for example harpoon fishing is a 1990s mini game clicking on a fish, absolute trash.. questing system has limited cut scenes no voice dialog like r u serious?. Pvp they havnt fixed karma and there is no honor system or rewards for pvping in general quite the oppisitte. Its an mmorpg that implies group content again... u must be a boomer. More classes wouldnt hurt but i agree doesnt matter.