1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Does Kakao Ignore Its Community?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Skilliard, Jun 27, 2019.

?

How satisfied are you with Kakao's management of BDO NA & EU?

1. Very Satisfied

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Somewhat Satisfied

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Somewhat Dissatisfied

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. Very dissatisfied

29 vote(s)
    63.0%
  1. Skilliard

It seems like our concerns always go ignored.

- Complaints over pay2win mechanics like value pack, valks cry, costume melting, etc were ignored because apparently having a "global build" is more important, even though it's a simple change to not include said items on our build. Tried to use "No pay2win" to justify charging an initial purchase price when the game is free2play elsewhere.

- Concerns over missing content like Manos are ignored and much of the content that was promised for Q2 never arrived.

- Sold a costume that was advertised as exclusive without refunding the preorder pack price.

- Decided to censor Shai in a poorly done manner on NA/EU despite no one asking for it. Did so by removing customization options that people wanted, and by putting in the time to individually censor each costume, by applying untextured leggings that clip through costumes and can't be dyed. Apparently they have the time to literally change entire assets for NA & EU despite a "global build", but they can't take the time to not include a couple items in our cash shop.

- Typo on event page goes unnoticed for 3 weeks, so they send out "compensation" that isn't remotely worth the effort put in for the event.

The thread regarding Shai is the 3rd most replied thread on the official forums of all time, and it's been a hot topic for a week, and Kakao won't even comment on it. If community managers won't even respond to the most visited topic on their own forums, what are they being paid for?

At first I thought it was just that Kakao has little control over what the developers at PA do, but the fact that they got them to put in the work to censor Shai shows they do have influence to change our build if they want to. So the fact that pay2win was added must be either greed or mismanagement.

For a game that has earned over $1 Billion in revenue, I expect better. I've seen games that net 1% of that annually that put out more content and do a better job at communicating with players.

It's gotten to the point where I won't spend money on this game anymore. I feel like it's just going to an executive's bonus or as pure profit. The publisher is basically no value added except making sure the servers stay running and customer support.

Kakao really needs an active Community Manager that responds to player's concerns and actually collects quantitative and qualitative information, and management that takes into consideration those concerns.

Denthors, Wet Cake, chendu and 38 others like this.
  2. Thelemna

Thelemna Softspoken Tamer 63 NA

Welcome to the no sub club.

Rygart, DocPepper and GreyRebel like this.
  3. yukishiro1

PA doesn't care about anything but the amount of money whales spend on the cash shop. That is 100% what motivates every decision in the game. If you whine a lot but still pay them money, they don't care.

If you can't deal with that this is probably not a good game for you.

4. WinterMilla

Its because your not korean enough

Sheky, Dalenos, Solitaire and 4 others like this.
  5. DosonTheGreat

I wish they would have tried the censorship in korea so they would actually have a big hit to their revenue since they probably dgaf about NA/EU.

Solitaire likes this.
  6. Thranduil

We lost the no p2w battle a very long time ago, about 6 months or so from release the day of the p2w - value pack patch.

Yeah.. Manos... always delayed...

Yes it was a shame, but oh well throw it on the pile.

I'm against any form of regional censorship, but what can you do, Christians are just barely more tolerant than Muslims.

Yeah the typo... well another shameful display of incompetency, throw it also on the pile.

7. magret

Apparently Shai is

Dogbotherer likes this.
  8. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

It's because Kakao Games is a publisher in name only. They have absolutely zero control over anything that goes into this game. Which is the reason they ignore the larger issues their users have with the game and choose to only answer the simple questions in the New Adventurer's section, where new players are unaware that once they have a real problem, they won't get any real help from them.

Wet Cake and Solitaire like this.
  9. Khondo

I also think they only ignore a small part of the BDO community. Usually the people who want to change the game to something it is not ment to be.

Ѧ| Chaotic and Smileybones like this.
  10. magret

Or, when they change something into what someone wished for, it's purely coincidental.

11. Skilliard

Then you realize that's B.S considering they got the devs in Korea to go out of there way to censors Shai for their region, and effort that takes a lot more work than just avoiding a p2w cash shop item.

Solitaire likes this.
  12. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Then you remember Kakao doesn't have anything to do with Global Lab and the fact that the costumes are censored there too and we are right back to where we started.

13. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Have you ever read with this forum while being sober?
    If yes then you know why nobody should take it seriously.

Kitsu289, Ѧ| Chaotic, Treviz and 3 others like this.
  14. magret

they didn't edit every outfits in the end, they just gave us an horrible default granny thing that we can remove by spending money. And that sir, is not creepy.
    (not yet though now, for now if you spend money you just get way worse).

Solitaire likes this.
  15. Epitafios

No they care for all mankind and strangle to offer us the best gaming experience free of charge......OFC they care about the money they don't do that as a hobby is their income.But as you correctly said the only way for something to change is to spend less money in the game.But again nothing changed till now that means only one thing, apart from a forum minority the majority of players love everything about the game and keep spending money like crazy or they just idiots, who knows

Hmmm what do you thing? CEOs and share holders of the company stay in one room and read,with tears in their eyes your post? The only feedback they read is economics evaluations and sales figures, if that is ok why to change anything? Did you ever consider that ppl that make forum posts and complain about the game maybe is just a vocal minority of the playbase?i

#15 Epitafios, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2019
    Valestris likes this.
  16. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I wouldn't go that far. There is no way to tell how many people love the game. We don't even know the number of players, how many are active, how many new accounts are made each month and so on. We only know that a minority of players are vocal.

Wet Cake likes this.
  17. Epitafios

We don't know yes but them they know exactly ! They know the population they know the new accounts they know the sales and they take decisions based to that.

18. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Yes but that's the thing they can't know what those players thoughts are unless they join the vocal minority. Spending unfortunately can't be used as a proper gauge because even the vocal minority who complain still end up spending. That's part of the problem.

Wet Cake and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  19. Dogbotherer

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the team having to deal with Community Relations for BDO. While they do make mistakes (that "typo" ... what a cluster ****) there is just such negative feedback to every development and constant clamouring for more content RIGHT NOW!

Tried actually reading that massive Shai thread? Wave after wave of intolerance and abuse with both sides calling each other paedos... I can absolutely understand why a Community Manager would just walk from that kind of **** storm cos there's nobody listening or debating in that thread they are all just shouting. Nothing anyone could say can reconcile that conversation.

And that same angry mob mentality rises up to every announcement . Want to release a support class? Uproar. Class is seen as too risqué? Uproar. Censor in reaction to complaints? More Uproar! BDO community doesn't deserve nice things.

Over the last few months we've seen a new area, class, weapon and dream horse and had the marketplace revamp along with numerous events. Lots of goodies. And the Devs tried to put more stuff in (new big area, Manos, arena) but only pulled it due to concerns about quality - and thats a habit I would encourage.

I don't believe the BDO Devs ignore their customers; it's often trying to keep the playerbase happy causes problems in the first place. They show great patience with a community that is never content and remorselessly cynical.

Kitsu289, Fateneko, Elgroln and 5 others like this.
  20. Epitafios

As i said above they don't care about opinions in any forum. The only feedback they see is economic figures and statistics if that figures is ok for them and the game makes profit then no need to change anything. Doesnt matter is 100 or 1000 ppl say the game needs fixing if another 10000 players keep spending money

Life2v likes this.