1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Does Kakao Ignore Its Community?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Skilliard, Jun 27, 2019.

?

How satisfied are you with Kakao's management of BDO NA & EU?

1. Very Satisfied

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Somewhat Satisfied

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Somewhat Dissatisfied

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. Very dissatisfied

29 vote(s)
    65.9%
  1. Akesuke

Akesuke Plumy Witch NA

I liked it just for the song aand the killer plushies ^^

Anyway even if I have a lot of time off-school now I see everyone is able to post a lot more than me and I'm not even playing the grindy game um I'll dedicate one (which you reminded me) from my fav artist

Lying on a fake beach you'll never get a tan ♫♪

2. Skilliard

And now they delete the 2nd largest thread of all time from their forums, not even close it, deleted the entire thread altogether, with no comment to the community. This company is an absolute joke. They will lie to the community, cover up criticism. and do whatever they can to extract money out of the playerbase with deceptive sales and pay2win while claiming they don't have a choice, their hands are tied because of a global build, yet they pull stuff like this.

Never spending another dime on pearls.

Solitaire, Satsuki Hime and cloj like this.
  3. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

I've hidden it for moderation purposes and will reopen it tomorrow (since it's past midnight already I guess today would fit more).

4. WinterMilla

[​IMG]

5. cloj

I find it strange how you would hide a controversial and sensitive forum thread like this for hours while you go to bed. Was it so difficult to moderate beforehand that you had to pause the entire discourse but you had time to post in this forum and also decide that you wanted to take this particular course of action? Are there no other moderators in this forum? Are you telling us that you're the only moderator available during this time and yet it's somehow bedtime for you?

Very strange.

GreyRebel likes this.
  6. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Who said something about going to bed? I clarified the time as it would be the difference between un-hiding it at the 12th or the 13th.

Difficult? No. I still don't have enough time for everything. You're all acting within expectations that you would complain about this, which is why I'm still reading other threads / posts to clarify it after it comes up, as the alert can only be send to the OP of a thread when it gets removed.

And I am in fact the only moderator in the forum, at least in name, afterall the Community Managers can also moderate.

Solitaire and o0ABC0o like this.
  7. Detrix

What was the guy forum name who posted the original post and does it still exist?

8. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 60 EU

Thank you for telling us. C:

You probably mean @DosonTheGreat and yes he's still active in the thread.

DosonTheGreat and Solitaire like this.
  9. Waifu_Hunter

I think your question is answered by the fact that a company as wealthy as kakao still uses volunteers for community management.

magret, Solitaire, Trellnor and 2 others like this.
  10. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 62 NA

Was it the thread about making Shai more revealing in character customization? If so, it's probably for the best. That biased thread was a dumpster fire. Nothing more than people of like mind coming together to revel and coo each other in their shared opinions, blasting away any and all opposing viewpoints / criticisms at the drop of a hat. Lots of strawman, on both sides of the argument, wasn't going anywhere constructive anyway.

11. Detrix

Getting the digs in, maybe start another 'dumpster fire'?

12. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 62 NA

oh, goodie zzz

13. DosonTheGreat

NCSoft still couldn't hire GMs to clear cheaters and bots from their game, so these companies are just cheap as hell. At least in the case of NCSoft, their strategy was to pump out MMOs like products and to not give a damn if it fails in a year. It's why they make free to play games; because whales will pay for the cost of the game in a just a few months. Although one of chinese gold farmers told me they don't ban them on purpose because NCSoft is in cahoots with them. Most East Asian MMO companies, except from some based in Japan like FF14, are shady as hell and probably involved in the mafia. A lot of bootleggers and MMO gold farmers are operated by the mafia, and they're in cahoots with MMO companies. It's why they put fake anti-cheat like xingcode and gameguard in their games. It takes weeks for a new version of gameguard, but only a few hours for a new bypass, and within minutes you can get cheats working. These programs are used to make customers think the company is doing anything about cheaters, and cause more problems than they fix, because they are basically malware. If you see one of these fake third party anticheat systems in a game, you know the company is operating a shady business.

14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Nice theory, however you stated yourself that NCSoft doesn't care if the MMOs die within a year.

BDO is obviously a long term product where the company behind it can't afford not to fight cheaters.

15. GreyRebel

The community isnt only people who come to the forum and complain about p2w and etc , the community is spending more and more happily , and the feedback the real community sending is we r too happy with the current state of the game , so i dont think there is any need for communication if the reached their goal

16. Waifu_Hunter

ncsoft was victim to bad business decisions, like cancelling city of heroes just to spite cryptic and then sitting on the property so their share value doesn't go down, for example.

17. Maginha

We get what we deserve, ez

Akesuke likes this.
  18. WinterMilla

Correction, people in game are mostly AFK. I guess you can't be upset at a game if your not really playing it.

19. GreyRebel

Correction , people who are in the game playing the game are the real people who are playing the game , not people who are in the forum and not playing the game ....

20. DosonTheGreat

People often repeat things they see others doing. Kind of reminds me of a certain idiom.