1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Does Kakao Ignore Its Community?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Skilliard, Jun 27, 2019.

?

How satisfied are you with Kakao's management of BDO NA & EU?

1. Very Satisfied

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Somewhat Satisfied

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. Somewhat Dissatisfied

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  5. Very dissatisfied

29 vote(s)
    61.7%
  1. WinterMilla

We really don't know what they are thinking and why they are thinking it. We just changes and things and told "Deal with it". Resently they boasted about cultural differences, even though its a know fact the west doesn't like to grind and rng. Yet here we are.

Solitaire, XLucaX and o0ABC0o like this.
  2. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

There is a thing called statistical survey: you ask a small sample of people out of a bigger group and extrapolate the marjority's opinion from the sample answers.

In BDOs case, this method would be flawed if you take the forums as reference as it's tainted with a vocal minority of angry whiners, which don't represent BDO playerbase at all. It's easy to witness this fact by playing BDO regularly, belonging to a large active guild and participating in publi chats, where the real community is.

3. WinterMilla

I was with you till about the whiners part. Voicing complains about a game perfectly fine especially if you paid/paying for it. Don't put down people for having a different view than yourself. Also a good chuck of the community you speak of is afk or only gathering some material. These complaints eco in smaller cicles such as guild to server chat to world chat. The only difference is one moves faster than the other. Remember how you could ask "are traps gay?" in chat and it would go wild. Please stop acting like people in the game have higher standers. In fact just yesterday in chat someone called me an incel dp shai for just killing rouges.....

Solitaire, flukeSG2 and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

I'm not talking about people providing legit feedback, since I'm fine with that being negative or positive feedback.

I'm talking about litteral angry whiners that will insult you if you dare disagree with them.

5. WinterMilla

So kinda like what you're doing?

6. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Clearly not, for the second time, I'm fine with feedback, weither positive or negative.

Hate is not feedback.

7. Asterotis

8. Joungf

Ventesa likes this.
  9. Aillya

The back and forth debate about player stability was a good read. I've been here since the game launched and I've watched it lose people for many many many months at a time, only to suddenly gain them again for a brief period, followed yet again by more loss. The gains are never enough to make up for the loss. The population has been in a steady decline, and anyone who looks around and is honest with themselves will pretty much have to admit this. Heck, if you removed every afk player from the game, most of these towns would be barren. Whenever I leave Cal2, it's pretty much a ghost town everywhere I go. Now, with Shai that might actually change. It's a mystery. But loli classes have a way of reviving things. I know half a dozen people who HATED this game's guts but now they're giving it a chance because they can be a little girl. So we'll have to see. But overall, holy ****, are you kidding me? Game's been on a heavy decline since its launch. The original question that started the whole debate was "Any proof that a majority of the community disagrees with their choices?" and the "proof," in my opinion (which has been formed by watching this go down in real time), has been seen from very very early on, arguably within the first month, when players charged back in droves and quit the game after taking one look at the cash shop and seeing all the advantages afforded by having costumes -- something the devs explicitly promised would not be a feature in our game. It happened again when value packs were added; people said "a sub? for a game I paid full retail or more to own?" and left. I lost so many friends due to that decision, and the guild I was in actually imploded because so many people disagreed with that choice and left. More recently we had the cron melting fiasco, where I got to see even more friends laugh at the state of the game and then leave forever. Or when they removed shadow arena -- got to watch a bunch of people who were basically just logging in for SA, all quit at the same time when that got removed. And now we have Shai, which is bringing in a bunch of lolicons. Let's see how long they stick around before Kakao/PA pushes them away with one of their patented "brazen decisions."

As for the topic at hand -- before this game, my game of choice was Tera. I haven't touched that game in over a year, but every so often I stop by their forums because part of me is looking for a reason to go back. I loved the combat, and the game holds a lot of fond memories for me, even if everyone I know has abandoned it and its community has become shrunken and insular and extremely elitist. Well, sure enough their community manager hasn't made a forum post in several months, and every thread consists of players with valid concerns screaming into an abyss. I wouldn't say BDO is there quite yet, but we are close to that. As others have already mentioned, we get staff replies ... but only in the newbie sections of the forums. As someone who's seen a communication-shutdown occur in another game, I'll only echo what others have already said. It's probably too late. If you give them your money and disagree with their practices then you're part of the problem. Don't be afraid to criticize bad business practices for fear of scaring Kakao away from the forums. They should communicate with their players. You all should stop giving them money until they do. It's a bit of a hot take, but people who defend this sort of thing with their words and their wallets are actually harming the game's long term health by providing a thumbs-up to unsustainable business practices that always end in the death of the community, and by extension the rest of the game. But by all means, keep defending Kakao and blaming their silence on the players. It worked out great for Tera.

What ultimately kills me, as someone who's been here since day one, played the beta tests, got early access, etc. etc. is that this game could have been the best MMORPG of all time. It had the combat. The aesthetic. The 'extra' fluff from lifeskills. But they got really ****ing greedy, and so now everyone associates BDO with paytowin and there's probably no coming back from that.

edited for typos, addendum, etc.

#109 Aillya, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    PeaceInChaos, Solitaire, Breg and 2 others like this.
  10. zhagsten likes this.
  11. Joungf

I know why ....
    ... but if I write it down here it will directly get deleted.

Akesuke likes this.
  12. Asterotis

): He did? He never showed me what he looked like in that pretty outfit I got him last Christmas Q_Q

13. Surely thicc as he'd say (' v')

14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Dremlock is a lady.

15. TeRRoRibleOne

Because the thread is filled with people who probably should be reported to authorities.... go read some of that thread, you can see what some of those peoples real agenda's are. And the fact that you just lumped that in with your rant about other things says some things.

16. Columba

I hurl my P2W value packs at enemies and one shot them on a regular basis!

Smileybones likes this.
  17. 2Cents

I think all Perma Red died when they where no longer able to grief others due to the AP changes.

Solitaire likes this.
  18. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 61 NA

Hell if you buy enough of them, and sell them on the marketplace. You can actually do just that. Just saying. Legitimately One Shot 95% of the playerbase through your P2W value packs. Again I'm just saying is all.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  19. Columba

See my response in another thread. I don’t feel right about buying items to resell for in game gold.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  20. Maybe? He's probably playing something more of his "tastes", I'm not really playing anymore but he was a pillar of this community in his own way...
    While I usually don't say this but since I'm back on the forum I am really happy to have seen one particular person gone.

Columba likes this.