1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I think I've changed my mind about Sea Monster hunting...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Von_Chicanery, Aug 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 86ONE

No, we sail in guild parties 3 times a day, every day.

2. ambyentlight

but we all know <RealTETs> are better.

3. Cyber_Day

The problem wasn't that there was a new way to make money, the problem was, it was the ONLY way to make that kind of money. There isn't a single other place in the game i can make 100-200m/h unless you are in the top 0.1%, and even then, that requires heavy RNG when SMH doesn't. It was utterly ridiculous and all the people coming out of the woodwork complaining now that its actually more in line with other forms of money making are just complaining because THEY want something that brings insane money per hour for little to no real work. Its not supposed to be that easy to get that much money.

Alekos likes this.
  4. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Boi, what makes you think SMH did not require good RNG ? If someone is unlucky he will get worse drop from nineshark than some lucky guy from hekaru, 40 times in a row.

5. AlwaysSaltyAF

[​IMG]

6. Cyber_Day

100m/h was my baseline. Good RNG i would do 400-500m a hr. If you were not hunting Candis and sometimes ninesharks/black rusts, or ever hunted Hecs/Sea Iguanas for money you were doing it VERY VERY wrong.

Linking some ITC boi isnt exactly concrete proof, and if he is making 80-100m a hr at hystria, thats fine. The gear required to do that is substantial, there are risks(dying to mobs because of ganks thus losing XP/Crystals). At that point in the game, upgrades are tens of billions. SMH required very little time to start up, required almost nothing in terms of gear aside from the initial investment of a few hundred mil to get the gear all set up, and then required very little time comparatively.

Alekos likes this.
  7. AlwaysSaltyAF

Gundel makes 200mil an hour at aakman/hystria and gets 1bil weekly payouts from siege and other methods.

Draconnix likes this.
  8. Cyber_Day

That depends which Gundel you are talking about :^) but i digress, He only makes 200m/hr if rng favors him pretty heavily. Seige doesnt give everyone in the guild 1B payouts. If Bekill wants to bone everyone else if the guild to give him more money, thats on him. Regions dont give nearly as much money as people seem to think they do. Seems like theres a bunch of salty bois now who are sad that SMH is close to normal grinding money now.

9. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

its hard to believe your math since on topic what got locked you said

since your 10b month was 13,4m / h
    what is half from what you said 25m/ h
    so in reality gundel 200m is 100m only? emh

10. Pook600

https://www.skillsyouneed.com/write/punctuation1.html

11. AlwaysSaltyAF

Made this post 5 months ago before they buffed gahaz to 40mil an hour.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/83glsi/6162_in_30_days_gahaz_info_inside/

[​IMG]

I'm a steamy below softcap musa player who just went the full level of 61-62 @ Gahaz with Marni stones. Here is all the info you'll need if you want to do the same.

I only used a combat book, milk tea, and sometimes the black desert combat buff.

24 Marni stones = 0.500% exp a.k.a. 12k mobs.

You should gain around 0.500% after killing 12k mobs.

Equaling 1% per 12k mobs @ Gahaz.

Skill points I made from 61-62 @ Gahaz is around 600+. I started at 1500 or so.

Silver I made going 61-62 @ Gahaz is around 10-12bil after selling everything I found.

I killed all the mobs I saw and never skipped a Shadow Gahaz.

I never swapped channels to chase a bell.

I always stayed on Calpheon 5 @ main Gahaz rot and either pked, karmabombed, or out-grinded any1 who came to my rot.

It took me around 400-450 hours and around 1.2million Gahaz mobs to go 61-62.

Think the above info is sufficient to answer anyone's questions.

P.S. Big shout out to my guild "Nagas" for helping me keep my morale up to grind hardcore.

EDIT

Didn't expect so many ppl to get salty. Uhh ya if a guy comes into my rotation i've been exping at for 1-12hours straight n pks me while im next to mobs, giving me a chance ill die to mobs @ 61 with best in slot crystals n while trying for 62, damn straight I'll be karmabombing him. What streamer's coolaid you bdo kids been drinking that karmabombing pkers is a bad thing? I'm amazed the majority of this game's population literally rolls over to any1 who can kill them and give them everything they want for little to no effort. Pretty sad tbh.

As far as the silver per hour.. I'm surprised you don't believe it. Kama blessing makes scrolls drop constantly and I was prob farming like 30-50+ shadow gahaz a day on calph 5, and sometimes the shadow gahaz drops a black spirit crystal + a scroll and always drops 2 black stones. Not to mention the occasional seraps.

Node level 0, 3k ecology 10%, kama blessing 20%, 4500-6000 mobs/hour as a wp spamming musa.

W/e though, think what you like, but for those new steamies who don't have enough AP to go to gyfin.. this is a good alternative way for you to grind to 62 and get geared up.

12. Maginha

Now add 10 mil books for all xp and sp you received at gahaz, add them to your silver you made there alrdy and youll be surprised :)

13. Srich

14. Cyber_Day

The buff from Kama blessing is nearly inconsequential. 12.5% of 6.75% is an increase of 0.84~% per Shadow mob. We all know your full of it. Your just salty SMH got nerfed down to something that is still a bit high but is reasonableish. Also, your math sucks pretty bad.

Shdw likes this.
  15. AlwaysSaltyAF

I don't remember exactly what I said 5 months ago and I'm not going to re-read it. I did copy paste it. At the time of when I wrote it though thats how much silver an hour I was making an the exp an hour I was making. I went back there last month and averaged 40mil an hour. Gahaz should get nerfed tbh too much silver per hour there.

16. Cyber_Day

40 m/h is fairly inline with a lot of the grind spots though. I get the meme you have been trying to throw around but it just doesn't scale well when comparing sea monsters to standard grinding.

17. SkullMonkey

I applaud you sir for taking the time to be reasonable and actually researching it yourself. I think after this most recent nerf SMH is balanced in line with other forms of silver/hr.

Like you said its now a 50-60 Mil/hr activity unless you get one of the rare drops which you only have a base 8% chance of getting. Most new sailors won't even be able to kill ninesharks or candidum which are the ones you need to hunt until you get all blue gear. All blue gear takes a minimum of 20 days to farm up all of the epheria blueprints alone to craft them as well as the various materials and processing items you have to go out into the ocean and gather up or hunt in order to make them. Oh yeah and you also have to build a frigate or a sailboat and you have to get most of your guild to SMH in order for it to be profitable.

Yes SMH was a little OP and was hurting the economy but after this change I feel it will be roughly where it should be and they should buff some lifeskill activities and grinding to help bring up the profitability of other money making methods.

Von_Chicanery likes this.
  18. Malfurion

No its not. Why else would you suggest that they add it?

19. 86ONE

SMH isn't the problem, hackers are the problem.

20. Rindow

you sound poor.