1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is 99% of the chance on only the bottom 2 rewards in event boxes?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by RyokuHasu, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Grizabella

I wish they would let you build your own wheel of RNG. Like a Chinese menu, let you pick the items you want to have a chance at and then adjust the odds so that it stays fair. I have no issue getting 99 mem frags and only having a 1% chance at gear I actually need and would use. As it is, I get a lot of stuff that I already have better gear than or that I will never use.

2. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

ok, i pick tet tungrad on every slot of the wheel.

3. Grizabella

Fine. The odds adjust accordingly. Let's assume that Tet Tungrad has .01% chance to hit. If that is all you selected, then you could expect to get nothing for 1000 tries.But nothing is better than a bunch of crap we don't want.

4. Information

When the product you get is free, it means that you're the product.

DukeEvil, Escapism, Qba and 1 other person like this.
  5. United_Strafes

Really never bought pets, weight, inventory, storage, worker lodging, literally numbers on your screen to think they give away ANYTHING for free is insanity.

6. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Love is..even though some find a way to monetize on it. But love is.

GreyRebel likes this.
  7. Prochilles

It is designed this way to keep the game functioning without having to truly fix it. Events encourage players that don't want to play to at least AFK so they can stay somewhat relevant, without effort, but the truth is without events the market would be a whole lot worse even than it is now. Without these events the rate of obtaining MemFrags/Hards/Sharps/BlackStones goes way down and players can't progress at a rate that would keep them in the game. So devs decided instead of giving players 1 op event to measure the demand of the all these items for the purpose of adjusting the drop rates, they simply decided it was best to spam events year round.

This path also demands more irl work from devs so their jobs are secure as they have to, weekly: Create the event(s), fix the multitude of bugs that every event comes with, handle complaints etc. While this certainly has lead to the current market disaster, combined with other variables, continued practice will only make it worse over time, as the game drastically changes each year.

So, what you see as something annoying (as do I, cause why get players hopes up - perfectly understandable reasoning), is actually the finger patching the leak in the international space station.

8. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I said "on every slot of the wheel", which means no matter what it rolls, i will get a tet tungrad.

9. CM Servantes

Community Manager

25 memory fragments here as well.

[​IMG]

10. Escapism

This guy gets it. Sadly only one in 2 entire pages who does...

Even if youre a full f2p player who doesnt spend, they are still making money off you, and you still pay for it in a way by giving them your time and attention. Its exactly the same as with websites or free apps. More Customers/Visitors = more fame, more brand recognition, higher rankings = more paying customers & ad revenues.

This is why i prefer subscriptions over f2p, with a subscription you're actually a customer, not a free ad slave or cashcow.

11. ambyentlight

Main issue is not so much top prizes rare its more the profit scale from like under 25 mill the 25 mem frags to like the 10+ bill tet tungrads.

Lowest prize sould be raised to like 50 mem frags. and sharps and hards should be doubled in the packs.

12. Hyppocritten

U just answered it: drop is 0.01%

13. Corsix

99.99% of boxes for me was the LOWEST garbage item in the box...

14. gatsupl

Wish they added a button allowing to send the shitty boxes back with a message ^^

15. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

I take it you've never gambled before or understand gambling huh?

16. Spartakatz

"Why"

Because it's just like a lottery. Most get a booby prize, and only a very few the big things. It's as simple as that. Obviously they won't give out TET golden accs like candy.