1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is Altar of Blood so hard?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ghazanfar, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Ghazanfar

I just went in to try this out and i dont believe this is content that more than the top 2% will be able to enjoy in any meaningful way. I play a 567 gs striker and my group died round 2. Anyone agree?

2. Stabby

Everything new is hard. I think they underestimate what most of NA/EU gear looks like compared to KR.

Mojihn, GzG, Evengelius and 3 others like this.
  3. Claydough

Probley because all the noobs just grind nagas and bandits, then complain how easy the game is

Well here it is, that challanging content people were always wanting :pepelaugh

Mojihn, Aillya, Xero.Exe and 14 others like this.
  4. KeeperG

Were you in a pug? Need a good composition in addition to gear

Smileybones likes this.
  5. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 62 EU

People need to know what to expect from each level aswel. We reached level 5 barely managed to "boss" - everyone happy - happened to be miniboss which has to be killed along with mobs. Failed.

:D

Yulanda likes this.
  6. Asterotis

They tune things according to the KR playerbase meta, not everyone else.

7. Myntiix

Myntiix Archer

567? You seriously must suck. My group had lower gs and we did round 5 until i dc'd

8. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I think folks have been wanting a real challenge for awhile now.
    Glad to hear it is difficult

:O maybe they'll come up with something for a 20 person RAID
    *dreamy eyes*

Now if we can just get valkyrie buffed with group shield and have her scream out "castle of stone"
    then we're all set and on our way towards some pve good good

9. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

Ya thats a learn to play issue. Thats plenty of gear to get to round 5+ fairly easy.

Mojihn, Rilok, Myntiix and 1 other person like this.
  10. CrimsonHold

I got 2 strikers with me, we could hold till 2nd illusion, 3rd wave.

It didn't help much either that my loading screen was taking a lot of time and they were already attacked when i joined.

11. Valestris

20 person? damn, is this BDO or some sort of cookie cutter generic MMO that has been repeated 1 hundred billion times already in the run of lets say...5 years? I hope not.

EgoAge and Chaos Ronin like this.
  12. Myntiix

Myntiix Archer

Well, dont start the round when your group members are in loading screen? Thats your groups fault.

13. CrimsonHold

Blame the 2 strikers, I was clearly not the leader.

14. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Well, now see, thats the great thing about Sandbox environments is that you can totally expand content to include all different kinds of playstyles and have something for just about every player out there. I believe enough metric data has been collected to show the diversity of play styles and types we have among the BDO Comm, and this is just another example of being able to expand content in omni-directional ways to provide enjoyment for those different groups.

So, yeah, I think we could totally have Raid type content, if done appropriately within the contexts of the game itself, just as much as we can continue to expand upon the traditional KR style that is the grinder itself.

Mojihn, Fateneko, MMoNoob and 9 others like this.
  15. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

This exactly

Rilok likes this.
  16. LinaCrysta

I love the challenge.its fun.and you can get rewards too while being lower gear by doing the lower waves.The upper waves are more for the really geared players. Some hours ago joeneverfails with his group did first NA clear of the final wave,so its definetly doable.The stream was interesting to see

Fateneko and Rilok like this.
  17. WinterRED

567 GS should be enough to push to at least round 7 if not round 8 if you know what you're doing. I think a team of 580s should be able to clear 9. People can't just go into AoB with a cron meal and a villa and expect to clear 10 rounds like they're farming manshas.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  18. Factorial

Well said, Andaro.

I don't understand why people look at BDO, then say it should only have one type of content. What's the point of a sandbox when it just stays on one single track instead of having multiple ways of progressing?

Different and varying content can only help BDO improve down the road. We have the single player content down easy. Let's expand to different things so that BDO can truly become a sandbox that is able to attract everyone. Niche is fine, but niche doesn't generate revenue nor does it sustain long without flagging.

The sad part here is that when content like Altar of Blood was suggested, just about everyone was up in arms against it. Now we have some challenging content that doesn't involve one shotting gray named mobs until we vomit.

****ing people, I swear.

19. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

Well, good thing that beating down the same thousands mobs per day as the best reliable source of EXP and money isn't repetitive and generic at all then.

BeastCK likes this.
  20. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

That's what's up with this community. Always against genuinely new content and mechanics, and always super paranoid about changes because that content MAY ruin some part of the game?!

But once it's out, they are eager to test it. If they don't like it, they just leave it there. No more complaining, no more paranoia. All of the sudden, they do not care anymore.
    All the ranting before the release of that content for nothing, all the fear and paranoia of big changes for nothing. Because it turns out: new content isn't that bad and new mechanics just don't ruin the game from one day to another.