1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is Altar of Blood so hard?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ghazanfar, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 61 EU

still think they need to make wave 2 easier because its harder than wave 3 and wave 3 should be harder than wave 2

2. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 61 NA

I found ONE video that contains a Tamer, lol

Not our PoV though..

1-3

4-5

8-9 Full on Tamer POV!

We can do it guys!!! lmao.

warriors and JM like this.
  3. Hemuk

Challenge rewards aside; if you cant go past wave one; you're not missing much, rewards are consistently terrible, nobody will ever farm this because you need the kind of gear that would let you destroy Hystria, in which case that's where you'll be.

Idk why they insist on this reward structure in which you either get the crown jewels. . . or dirt, and it actually takes active gameplay; it's like if you chose to work for a company that pays you in lottery tickets instead of actual money, wanna use your limited active gametime efficiently? Avoid AoB.

It is fun the first time (and only the first), the sense of progression while learning the fights and all that, but only after wave 6, then at 9 you can cheat it with flare of the ancients if you're not 269+, yet rewards are still ****; I'd get more caphras/money overall using that 100 energy chopping trees and Netflix than dealing with a mode in which I depend on other people's competence/good will.

Phoenixxx75 and Factorial like this.
  4. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Awesome!!! Thanks!

5. Purr

aakman and hysteria is instanced so its nothing new.. same for RBF and shadow arena and.. uhh.. crap forgot the name of the earlier version of altar of blood that was defense builder u know what im talking about. those are all instanced

Factorial likes this.
  6. Pavo

Hystria and Aakman are not instanced. You just use a tp/ portal to get in, otherwise it's part of the open world. You can see ppl in there clearing when in the desert on top of them. This is also why you could park your mount by the closed physical door to both and whistle your mount into them, which was changed a few patches ago to kill your mount automatically if you try FYI.

Scrolls are phased and not instanced too.

Housing is instanced, but anyone can enter basically. A few other things are kind of instanced, but still have a physical location in the game. My guess is more things are phased than actually instanced.

They are staying as true to Open World as they can, though.

7. 2Cents

I don't think the difficulty or entry bar is that big of a deal. Many other games have done this and it's essentially the same thing as Star's End. It's not designed for new players.

The grouping is a serious issue that never should have been released. How could you possibly randomly group any GS for content like this? That should be the number issue to address.

8. Riandrisael

Well in other games they generally have dungeons and content for new players too, while BDO only has 1 dungeon type content and they are excluding a decent amount of the population of the game from even clearing wave 5. Then anyone that doesn't have a guild or friends that are in the 220-240 AP+ area is just out of luck seeing past wave 2 since the matching system is horrible and wave 2 is a bit too hard for just one type of floor. Just doesn't make sense why they didn't just release a slightly weaker version with worse rewards so people can experience content that is fun and awesome just because they didn't get enough gear yet.

Like I really like that there's high-end content now and that some things are insanely hard even at tet/pen gear that's fair but hiding really fun content that people would actually want to play is a bad idea when the whole point of this dungeon is that the numbers are really high lol. The hard part of the whole dungeon is that people are dying from mobs having high AP and high DP it's not mechanics and stuff like other games so just making another version with half the HP/AP or something like that shouldn't take all that long I would think but include everyone who wants to enjoy the content. It's fair in other games with insane mechanics and other types of "hard" in dungeons to be impossible or lose part of the fun by changing those mechanics but altar of blood certainly doesn't fit that since it's just stat scaling at this point at least up to level 6 as far as I have gotten so far.

Basically, there's no reason not to just add a normal or easy version of this for lower GS people that is still hard for them but still possible with fewer rewards it hurts nobody but allows access to content that most players would actually enjoy and keep them invested in BDO.

Factorial likes this.
  9. Waifu_Hunter

to encourage gear progression through an rng system that encourages purchase of cash shop items for the purpose of investment protection.

10. Valkaryie

nothing is, they just teleport you to a different area

OP we dont need more trivial **** in this game where the main challenge is managing your boredom, 95% of pve activities already are like this.

11. Jeanina

Jeanina Sharivar Lahn 61 EU

Why not lvl 63+ and 300+AP? Oh ya right sorry you couldnt join then! The Quest Chain to be able to enter AoB is lvl 56 then it should be something even lvl 56's can join and atleast get a round or 2 done....we dont need content only a hand full players can do...if you want to be a special snowflake then go and hide in hyst, aakman or the new 280ap underwater dungeon!

Phoenixxx75 and Factorial like this.
  12. Claydough

Isnt the abyss ruins literally content a hand full of people can do?

Or is this only an issue when its content you wanna do?

Oh and for your information, low geared players still can do this content, i did the arena with my gf who is well under 230ap and we managed to easily get to lvl 7 getting her all the rewards for the event

Maybe you just need some friends?

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  13. Deyric

It should be balanced for random teams not pre-mades, or take off the random and when creating pugs and make it form balanced groups.

Or give it an AP guide on the click to join so those under geared know what they are getting into, or even have a minimum AP/DP to enter so under geared players can't screw over pugs.

Factorial likes this.
  14. CrimsonHold

Then how is it that my witch kutum 240 ap cant even move on 2nd illusion because the violent pigs just kill me? I am stuck with the random matchmaking and I already had more than 10 rounds, my favourite run was with the two lvl 58 shais :)

15. Maginha

Another 30 braincells gone, keep the work up guys...

And ye, pls change all the end game content so everybody with 200ap can grind it pls and the 261+ can clear hystr/sycr/altar with the same speed like gahaz

Congrats to getting 2nd place for the most entitled thread for this week

Smileybones and Ѧ| Chaotic like this.
  16. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Because 61 and 250 AP easy achieving soft cap, if you haven't reach that and already complain that new content require hight end gear - its you problem, you will never even try to push for it, you here just to complain about not getting free goods.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  17. Taeshien

The BDO playerbase is far too stupid for raids, the majority of players still don't know how Garmoth works and that would be considered the most bare-bones mechanics for a raid boss. There is completely ZERO patience for learning anything, if it doesn't die in 30s while you're semi-afk watching Netflix on your other monitor then it's "**** content".

18. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

That is a bit of a rude stance towards the player-base, but truthfully speaking, *that* problem with Garmoth only exists on NA server. ....EU has no problem killing Garmoth...even before the changes to both her HP, Defense, and the Towers. But there is more going on with NA Garmoth, mainly in regards to time-zones and the natural daily life within the NA Region.

Nevertheless, just because one particular region or group may or may not have issues with a particular content, whatever they may be, does not deteriorate the value of the content for the game itself as an IP or globally. When creating ideas, suggestions, and feedback, we must try to think not only of ourselves and our own desires, but what is good for the game and players as a whole.

#78 Andaro, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  19. woots

considering the base BDO management of pve ( unclear CC from mobs, not that noticiable animation & so )
    here hard only mean : lot of damage / lot of life

= it push you to have the most important gear number = it push the most possible toward the p2w because without it, its pretty much just a pain.

That's PA.. That's why its "hard".. Easy.

20. BloodLeshen

Taking a bunch of strikers with?.. obviously you cannot just spam random buttons in there so I wont take a bunch of strikers.