1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is Altar of Blood so hard?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ghazanfar, Jul 11, 2019 at 3:51 AM.

1. GreyRebel

time to FIX the altar of blood the pa way ! Just like how they fixed shadow arena ! Closing altar of blood when ?

#81 GreyRebel, Jul 12, 2019 at 9:10 AM
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 9:43 AM
    yukishiro1, iller and Draconnix like this.
  2. BloodLeshen

Why would anyone have a problem to kill Garmoth? Even on Mena we have no problem and most use boss alts.. I assumed we would be far behind.

Some of our guildies went to wave 8 or whatever on their first try minutes after release. 2 of them only had access to Mena since 1 year ago and playing with 180ms like we all from this shithole country in the south

I do think you need to prepare with buffs and meds. Also be on discord to communicate.. Someone asked if I did it but with 220Ap I wont even attempt it

3. Maginha

Yes

4. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

Nobody is asking for actually challenging content that requires teamwork? Instances and dungeons have been suggested more than once.

But I have to agree with you: I'd also like to keep things in the open world, if possible.

Smileybones likes this.
  5. Maginha

And do you mean the old man of blood (alter in german) or are you more into the english version, which means a blood that has altered itself into smthing else?
    Or do you hack and altered the alter?

6. Waifu_Hunter

It's not that hard to get good at this game I'm already 600gs and altar is easy. I think maybe you should enchant your gear more. Costumes to melt are pretty cheap if you buy them for silver but I have a job at walmart so I usually just buy them directly from shop.

7. Rossleen McDRagon

I agree with you, it is every time demotivated, if lesser equiped player can t participate to a new content

8. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Stage10 already cleared on eu. After 2 days. It cant be sooooo hard

9. GreyRebel

making altar of blood harder when ?

Draconnix likes this.
  10. Angar

Angar Angar Sorceress 61 EU

So let me see if i understand this correctly:
    1)People whine about high gs players doing low end spots and people whine about aakman and hystria not able to sustain many players.
    -Valencia gets buffed.

2)We get high end spots like Underwater 280ap (which also has 2 spots for lower gs), ash forest at 300ap and Stars end at 260ap in an effort to relieve the pressure on hystria and aakman.
    -Hystria and aakman get improvements like new rooms, faster respawns, removal of KDs.

3)We get Altar of Blood that even for lower gs players should be doable up to 3rd level with more geared friends.
    -Altar of Blood further relieves the pressure from aakman and hystria.

4)Lower gs players can do:
    -Everything (mediah, drieghan and valencia) up to pila ku with 210ap.
    Can stay there up to 230.
    Gahaz and pila for scrolls.
    Cadry and sulfur for armor/weapon stones.
    Fogans for xp.
    -Manshaums at 230 for xp, caphras and dust.
    -Ronaros at 230 for the same.
    -Mirumok at 235 for money and xp.

And after having 70% of the map made for low gs, you ******* keep whining about not being able to do high end content.

How about you start playing the game intelligently to advance and spend less time whining on the forums?

11. TeRRoRibleOne

RBF isn't instanced either.... you do know you can go to the island it's on right? Just like the other arena.

BloodLeshen likes this.
  12. Deyric

as if top gear score premades are indicative of the average playerbase.

Jeanina, iller and Smileybones like this.
  13. Purr

so u can land on the island and walk into a RBF match?

14. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 59 NA

There is a video up of kyrandis, Jonlaw and another person. They cleared level 7 with two level 62 tamers and a 62 dk.

Felyni likes this.
  15. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

The fact you can enter a RBF match or not has nothing to do with instanciation.

16. Hekki

About not being able to catch up. This 70% give no income.

Plus that is instance what should not have place in open world game.

17. fenzz

not only those 70% gives the appropriate income for their gear requirement. you also dont have those "mean overgeared players" kill you there. because they got their own higher gs spots. so its a win win situation imo. if those spots would give income equal to the best grind spots. you would have what happened with susans and pirates back in the day. and people cried about that endlessly.

i do agree with your second point though.

18. iller

Almost NO ONE has ever said that. (b/c all that is ever asking for is a repeating cycle of raising Level caps like a sh***y WoW clone, or in this case: Gear caps...which we've always gotten anyways with every new Area patched in... some people still remember when Calpheon Shrine was the "end game").

No, What people HAVE said over and over again though, is that they'd like Challenging Creature BEHAVIOR and AI. Better boss designs and missions that aren't just DPS-checks. Yet all we've ever gotten year after year, is the same exact dumb as a doorknob creatures except with bigger Hitpoint bars spamming more knockdowns while giving slightly slightly better RNG rewards...sometimes...

#98 iller, Jul 14, 2019 at 9:28 AM
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 9:42 AM
  19. Allan1985

the game is not technically prepared for raids (i am not against it tho) do you remember the vell's fights when it only spawned in the numer 1 channel of each server?? but ofc they cant admit it

20. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Actually they did admit it, in the heidel ball.
    They said the beast was so large that it literally "shook the servers".

Layman's terms, the servers are under excessive strain when vell spawns due to his sheer mass.

Smileybones and Allan1985 like this.