1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is Altar of Blood so hard?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ghazanfar, Jul 11, 2019.

1. yukishiro1

I can't tell if you are being serious or not. It's got nothing to do with Vell's "mass" and everything to do with the amount of strain put on the servers by having so many players in one area fighting together.

If it had anything to do with "mass" having Vell spawn on a bunch of servers instead of just a few would make the problem worse, not better.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  2. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

*shrugs* I reiterated what they said in the HBall Q&A.....what you believe is upto you.

Smileybones likes this.
  3. yukishiro1

They obviously were being tongue in cheek and coming up with a jokey way to admit that they had made a mistake with Vell because their hardware couldn't handle it.

I believe in reality; if they said the moon was made out of cheese I wouldn't take that seriously either. The alternative is that BDO is being run by people who have absolutely no clue about how basic server architecture works.

Oh wait. Hmm....

4. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

End game content. Though I agree that PA should have some way to set difficulty before you go in. I understand that content is made like this becasue game is advanced but yet again, everybody in the game should be able to take part of new content some how. Maybe not give same rewards for doing it at lower difficulty settings but this will motivate lower lvl players to work faster on better gear for high end content. NOt been able to participate at all becasueyou know you will be one shotted is in no way motivational.

Jeanina likes this.
  5. Jeanina

Jeanina Sharivar Lahn 61 EU

i didnt even complain for myself because i didnt join the AoB myself yet so calm down! ive done valtara every freakin week when Kama went life so im a bit tired of fighting mob waves content but i see the reason why people find AoB too hard esp with such reward events going on. its a slap in the face for alot of players in the comunity kinda being excluded from an event cause the stuff you have to do is restricted to some jobless nolifers.

Jannanomana likes this.
  6. fenzz

And here we go with the the projecting again.. why cant people have an argument without projecting their real life insecurities into the game.

altar of blood is based alot more on communication than gear. a softcapped party can complete stage 5 with good communication and skill.

people are just getting mad because they are doing their group through the match making system and getting stomped because they got 0 communication. imo they shouldnt have even giving this content matchmaking in the first place.

WoW did the same mistake in cataclysem when they tried to apply matchmaking for hard content. it doesnt work.most people are generally bad at the game, specially casuals, without communication it get much worse.

7. Jeanina

Jeanina Sharivar Lahn 61 EU

then why adding a matchmaking feature if its pretty much impossible to do that way? makes no sense if its only doable for pro premades.... but oh well.
    and sorry but if people were honest then you would notice that the rl insecurities play a huge role. nothing in bdo is easy for someone with a rl job and family not being able to play 10 hours a day or let the pc run 24/7 without letting your power bills explode. =)
    but non of them would tell you the truth, if you hear them they do have family, 10 kids, work 20 hours a day and play 24/7 ;)
    all the players in this thread telling its easy getting certain gear are for sure somehow spoiled, either via dads creditcard or rng carried or they just have the time to play all day. =)

#107 Jeanina, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  8. Kripion

I have two full time Jobs, a familijny and i reached 7th wave with my two (also working, and haveing families) friends. It was our first try. Had no time to repeat it do far. Not every content shall be pointed at beginners with no friends and a food guild. Personally i find AoB very refreshing, im also happy that its pointed at vets. And for beginners its a reason to get stronger.

The only thing i would change is the amount of carpas stones obtained from rewards from each completed wave:
    1-2 - one carpas
    3-4 - 2carpas
    5-6- 4 carpas
    7-8 - 6 carpas
    9-10 - 10 carpas

Keep in mind that runs per day are restricted by energy.

#108 Kripion, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  9. fenzz

I agree with the part about matchmaking system. it has no place for this mode. if you want to introduce hard meaningful pve oriented content, it cant have a matchmaking system (unlike pvp content). otherwise you will have to dumb down the content to a level which will be obsolete in less than a month. (WoW dungeon reference again)

i do not agree with the second part. its all about priorities and time management. you keep exaggerating the extremes. very few people play this game 24/7 and have no job. and very few people play 1 hour a day and are completely clueless about the game. the majority is somewhere in the middle. people with jobs who play a couple of hours a day, and have enough game knowledge to exercise their afk and active playtime to the point where they can progress in a relative decent pace.

getting softcapped and above that way is easily doable in a couple of months, specially with today's ridiculous catchup mechanics and money and rewards literally raining on you from the sky.

most people just like to complain and blame other people and the "system" for their issues. and that was my main issue with your post.

10. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

You forget about high score players runing on those spots just to kill people because they are sadists :D

11. ZaSlayer

Hey to the experience player, how do you guys handle the violent Lava Faolun, which is damaging the tower immensely when you don't have a grab? Is it possible to CC them?

12. Hemuk

You either get a grab class or a 277+ with Kutum party, 2 ambush him the second he gets appears and kill him before he reaches the relic while the third deals with the waves cause the only CC that works is grab afaik.