1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is BDO buy 2 play?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WinterMilla, Jul 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TwilightAngel

B2P cuts down one the ones that will not invest in the games at all.......... more you post show more how you do not understand

A good chunk you listed btw is not needed to buy from the cash shop or can also be gotten in the loyalty shop along with during events

As pointed out reason Korea went F2P right off the bat was due to how heavy it focuses on the cash shop and it still focuses on it way more then NA/EU since that how a lot of MMOs and games are in Korea

2. WinterMilla

Free2play mmos actually last for a while (and BDO is already free in KR) I was shocked to find a game I played back when I was 11 still up and running years after. BDO also does have a paywall and a subscription.

KR gets a lots of stuff first and a lot of hand holding. Even with us play B2P we still have the same monitization you would have in a F2P game. Adding more player would not change how much people spend in this game, but open up the gate so more players can try the game out and spend money in it. There are players now that claim to never spend money in the game and the game is doing just fine.

The more you post show more how you do not understand

3. Asterotis

Next they'll say FFXIV does a good job stopping bots and sellers.

XLucaX likes this.
  4. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Lol I love how people justify this **** these days like its normal and they aren't being ripped.

Factorial likes this.
  5. Foo

Foo

tbh out of that entire list the only thing you actually /need/ imo are pets and value packs the rest you can function easily without

(not defending it btw but you don't need the rest to enjoy playing the game)

6. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Maybe botting isn't only a money matter and also relies on game technology. Mind blowing I know.

7. Findubar

More money that way. They trick potential players into believing that they just have to pay for the entrance fee and that its a premium game.
    Not only that, but as soon as they understand what kind of endless grind awaits them and the fact that there are hidden subs and 40$ "micro"tranzactions and they inevitably leave at least they scammed 10$ out of you.
    And to hunt whales.

#27 Findubar, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  8. Asterotis

TBF if you're exposed to something long enough (Like getting nickled and dimed) it does become normal because you haven't been exposed to anything else besides that system, so you don't realize it and thus deem it okay.

9. AlnilamE

As Zhagsten pointed out, to make sure you have a credit card/online payment method.

That said, they did just have a free trial event where you could get the game if you reached a certain level. Did we get flooded with new players?

10. WinterMilla

1.) why would an mmo need to check if I have a card? Only scam sites do that.
    2.) Free event trails don't count as it limited time and its not like they just give it out. To the people who have played the game and/or have guildmates/friends to lvl and help us we can think its super easy. To a new player starting out this can take sometime. Who wants to rush to the end game if the first few hours is a snore-fest. I a new character run on multiple account to see how long it would take me to hit 56 with no help and no prior gear, not long really.
    3.) Its just like when steam vers. came out, we will get flooded. If you announce "Hey this game is 100% free now" people will come just for the sake of coming.

11. RIPTOR

buy to play, yes, you pay for the game... and the game, have a STRONK p2w factor ;) so yes is a B2P+P2W

12. Khondo

BDO was always BTP and even for people like me who purchased the full package at release ($100 Australian) have gotten their money 1000X over. I am sitting on 782 days played just on my first toon I created and I have 17 other toons. So cheap for entertainment value.

Solitaire, Phoenixxx75 and XLucaX like this.
  13. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Simply said; it’s B2P Cus of false promises.
    We would have NO P2W. But yeah... kakao and promises don’t go well together.

(yes, I know it was DAUM.. I was there. Same team, different name.)

RIPTOR likes this.
  14. RIPTOR

hi !! conqueror here !! i play it too and i have too all classes, but entertaiment..., playing a game that need pay every item that you buy on another character ? making bored afk lifeskills ? watching how the 90% of the spots ingame are trash or nobody are playing in anyplace out of the popular money per hour spots ? no man, so long time ago this game stop on "entertaiment" to turn in in a milking simulator

15. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

Good point.

I don't know if people remember, but the pearls boxes didn't always match the kakao cash denominations. We had to buy more kakao cash than we needed to get the right number of pearls. We flamed on the forums at one point. I didn't realize until now that they changed it.
    (I am holding out buying any more pearls until I see some meaningful changes made to the game. Too many long-term issues being ignored. When they clean up their act, they can again clean out my wallet).

That's just like how super markets used to do it, where you could buy hot dog buns in bags of 6, but hot dogs in packs of 8. This way, you would have to spend more. The marketing works until we catch on, then they have to try something new.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. Khondo

Then why are you still playing if it is not entertaining you? Maybe the entertainment you get is posting on the forums....still entertainment.

17. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

1)Pets can be bought from cmp.
    Monitor the pearl deals every maintenance and every weekend and set up POs.
    You ll get them sooner than later.

2)Max weight.
    NO.
    hp/mp on hit crystals while leveling up.
    mp-on-hit addons
    3xHerc +1x zereth body + 5xtreant accs bought from calpheon + 1 asula belt (or golden manos coral) + 2x weight crystals on gloves + 1x cobelinus won on chest + 4x gervish for alts.
    Main can use 4x50lt for 14k loyalties

3)Max inv.
    No, just ****ing no.
    69 default inv space is more than enough
    learn to empty your inv properly and categorize your town storages thematicaly.

4)5 maids
    God ****ing no.
    the 2 free you get are enough.
    Preferably you need 2 cmp maids and 1 storage

5)Costume
    Bought from cmp

6)Utility outfits.
    shark: again, Hell no. you dont need to swim faster.
    Underwater breathing can be boosted with elixirs, food buffs and by going back to char selection screen and back to the game, which will replenish your breath.

maid outfit:i assume processing one.
    Only if you process and still is debateable after we got the shai with her crazy weight.

Ghillie: used only to piss players off and get a jump scare on people who dont watch minimap.
    Yes you can still be seen on the minimap even with it. Just not your name.

7)Storage/worker expansions:
    Debateable.
    Depends on your worker empire setup and becomes less useful after you get more cp.

8)vp, kama, exp books
    Kama can easily be bought from cmp.
    VP can be hoarded and activated whenever you have large amounts of silver to cash out.
    exp books : I have hoarded enough for 3 months from free rewards.
    Progression is bdo meassured by gear not level.
    Having a 62 toon with 210ap is still ****.
    You need to grind for money to get gear so levels will naturally come.

9)brand stones: for what exactly? weapons? fishing rods? useful is certain situations but far from mandatory

10) artisans nope.just ****ing nope again.

It is idiocy like this that makes these assholes rich, because guess what, you dont really need any of this or if you do, you can buy them from the cmp.
    Patience, clear goals and proper resource management is all you need in this stupid game.

18. WinterMilla

1st. I said to be "the most effective" not that you need it. 2nd I already stated that you can make it through the game without spending anymore other than the entry fee however you save a considerable amount of time and effort spending money verse working for it. P4C (pay for convinces ) is P2W just with a new coat of paint. It feels like you skipped right to the list portion and missed the whole first paragraph.

Phoenixxx75 and Factorial like this.
  19. Mimimimi

the 10$ price tag is outweighed by all other p2w options anyways. who cares about 10$.

having a price tag on the game is (imho) a bad thing for player adoption. if it costs money initially a new player is less likely to try the game. yet you can get the game for free by putting in some effort and have the game gifted and a character leveled to 30. so essentially, if you know about it and put in the effort .. they game is free.

the same 10$ pricetag applies to botting accounts and therefore increases their initial cost. either a botter pays 10$ to spam us with messages of his powerleveling service and speedhacks whatever part of the world, or they go through acquiring a gift and leveling up to 30 for a free account. either way, effort is required and slows down the process.

20. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

cuz BDO wants to be special and have b2p+p2p+p2w all in one packet

RIPTOR and Factorial like this.