1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is BDO buy 2 play?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WinterMilla, Jul 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MalGuldur

The 10$ is just a credit card check and it makes it harder for bots to invade the game.

2. Khondo

That's called going out and to catch more NPC !

That would make it PTW but they don't do that so no PTW.

3. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

so things that are obtainable w/o paying is not p2w, but things that would be obtainable w/o paying is p2w... yea p2c defenders are really confusing in 2k19

4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

All of this is theorical and most of it doesn't pass any reality check: fishing suits really ? do you even know what those do while managing to include them in your so-called advantages lol.

5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Its $30.00 for Console players...$79.99 if they want the PTW/PTC hedgehog.

That still just a credit card check that makes it harder for bots? I suspect its a business model built on the assumption that a price tag negates free to play business models...who says company's cant double dip?

6. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Yes smiley I know what you get from the fish suit and I am sure the only reason people buy it or the shark suit is to eliminate the extreme frustration one gets from the absolutely horribly slow swimming in this game. Once again you have ignored a litany of fact and zoned in on a every small thing. The game developers have very cleverly designed their game in such a ways to frustrate people into spending money and also have made the ugliest clothes and the worst default colours for the armour solely to push people to spend money. These items are not pay to win but of course all the other examples I gave are. It is always amazing to watch you ignore the most salient points but you keep doing you. For now I am bored of this topic.

7. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

If you think swimming is slow you should educate you about those things called boats. Additionally good luck fishing without them. While at it, we're still waiting for you to provide any winning avalaible to suits owners.

Your litany of theories not facts have already been addressed by me at this point I only take one example each time to avoid making walls of texts and you know it perfectly well, I could easily get technical and address every single point you made and I already made it countless times so please. Besides, every time people technically address issues with gameplay facts, those are ignored by p2w fanatics, so why even bother arguing at this point. Fact is I already addressed several of your points and you haven't admitted that legit alternative exist, thus making your p2w claim null.

It's okay to be a cash shop enthusiast like you and promote it, just don't harm the community by ignoring the legit free gameplay alternatives that allow players to get things done and vote with their wallets instead of enabling PA/Kakao to introduce even more business practises by making their paid options look like must haves.

#167 Smileybones, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  8. WinterMilla

PFFFT hahaha back at it again I see. I watched the thread today (because I couldn't reply) and boy of boy. "If swimming is slow then educate your self on boats" Like you can take a boat every in the game, plus you still have things you need to collect in the water, coral for one. Seeing you white knight so hard is just hilarious.

Findubar and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Funny how you need to call me names to cover the fact your arguments are, as usual, so weak: please backup how I would need to gather coral and please prove wrong the claim that there is no free alternative to this activity.

While at it, please provide details about where a swimming suit is needed, this would lead to prove wrong my claim that they aren't for the majority of gameplay.

What's hilarious so far is seeing you producing hot air with no backup, because let's face it, your swimming suits theory dones't pass any reality check, like SMH or hunting at sea activities.

10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Sadly he does not respond to all the points that prove the game is pay to win but nit picks on the swimming outfits that I said were pay to not be frustrated, a mechanic built into the game for the exact purpose of getting people to spend money. The shark and fish suit are a classic example of creating a problem then giving the solution to the problem to people that spend money.

11. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Sadly you ignore the post where I addressed your concern about me not producing a wall of text for every bit of uninformed propaganda you provide.

The suits are a perfect example of items having no impact whatsoever on other people's gameplay or relative ingame power, therefore including them in a p2w list of item is a clear example of propaganda, which is pretty sad coming from somone like you who seem reasonable otherwise.

Besides, as @WinterMilla will certainly fail to refute, you can perfectly use all the builtin mechanics in 99% of sea game activities, and people falling for those suits trap (outside of cosmetic purposes) are lazy and / or incompetent at best.

12. WinterMilla

Sadly you will ignore my post, I mean you already admitted to doing such so why would I take the time out to type it all over?

P2C is P2W just recolored. Pay 2 win doens't mean you can't progress without paying but you get advantages by spending money.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. Seilla

What are you arguing here about?

Game went long time already P2W with the release of Valencia.

When they made pearl shop items marketable. Direct transfer from cash into game currency, practically the definition of P2W.

14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

In other words you got nothing to backup your propaganda, got it. I addressed your post with points, that you can't refute so you dodge like a champ.

Cool story, please tell us again about the advantages of swimmingh faster in most real situations. While at it, please disprove that coral isn't soulbound and that it's marketable.

Obviously you will dodge again, as it seem usual with you now.

Either way who cares, they are just factual examples disproving what is just your opinion and clearly not a scientific matter backuped with real situation facts.

15. WinterMilla

You can use swimming faster oto do the following
    Under water gathering (if you go under faster and longer then you can get more faster) You can always add accessories to that
    You can swim from island to island faster without a boat
    Out swim a boat
    Make you way back to land after your boat is destroyed
    Get + fishing

While yes you can get elixirs, so can the person who bought the outfit.

Only thing factual about your arguments is how it can be used as a case study

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

You can also buy corals from the market.

Woah, and the point of doing that is ? I mean how does this apply to any real situation like SMH, fishing, hunting etc where people actually generate income and compete with each others.

And the point of doing so is ? See previous point, aka please reality check your theory.

That applies to 99% of the player base at least, rofl. Debatable at best, next.

You mean that + you can max for free by belonging to any decent guild ever on top of wearing wearing +2 silver clothes ? Talk about wasting money on easy to get bonus.

That's always same story with people like you: big words but weak points when getting technical.

17. WinterMilla

pfft you asked of advantages that can be used in the "real" world, so i provided them.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  18. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

And I refuted easily all of them, so what's your point again ? Or are you going to bury your head in the sand more: your theories don't hold water and you know it.

19. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You still have not answered my points about all the extra weight, storage, lodging, stables, personal inventory and the ghillie, the maids etc? Yes you can get some of these things from loyalty but you will never match someone that pays for it. If they buy theses items they have more cp to generate more ingame silver than someone that does not.They will always have an advantage over those that do not.
    A person that does not have pets will detest grinding, a person that does not have all the weight advantages plus the maid outfit will have it less easy than those that do while processing. The people that sell pearl shop items will have more silver than those that do not and can therefore buy more best in slot items as they become available. Without the need to work hard at it.
    Please give a coherent argument that proves that a non paying for pearls account will ever be anything but a poor cousin to those that do.

20. Zycrus

Smileybones you never even had one single good argument ever. Not once in this forum. All you do is pick simple examples that are mostly irrelevant because they only cover a small percentage of the whole topic (cooking times? Seriously? Btw, not having to spend hours to get a high costume and permanently running elixirs, but just buying a p2w item is huge for me. Because I usually don’t have time to just throw away). None of your arguments matter. Best one is also “just buy from market”. Yeah good one. Because no one ever put it there. No one had to acquire it to be able to sell it. But yes, I forgot, because it does not affect you, the whole game itself is not p2w. Small minded narrow opinion. But good for you, I heard stupid people are happier overall.

I am actually curious though. Where does pay to convenience come from? Because for me that sounds just like a cheap excuse to not call it what ultimately is. Pay to win. You pay money for something that offers you an advantage over not having it. Very convenient, and a win for me.

Back to topic. With the current layout/model of the pearl shop, in my opinion the game should be free. That would also offer the opportunity to attract more people, who will inevitably be buying pearls sooner or later. Unless they like playing “half” the game

#180 Zycrus, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Findubar and Phoenixxx75 like this.