1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is BDO worth playing to you?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Fearless V, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 60 NA

I'm just curious of all the fanbois reasons why BDO is worth playing to them. What do you guys like about this game. Compared to successful MMOs on the market?

2. Tetrinox

Real life is scary.

Reventon likes this.
  3. Grehm

Grehm 62 NA

Besides the graphics and combat system, the biggest thing holding me to BDO is the amazing people in my guild. If I was a solo player, I'd probably not be around much.

eitheldin and Reventon like this.
  4. Gingen

Gingen Guildmarm Sorceress 59 NA

Graphics, expansive world (regardless if there's a lot to do or not), and combat.

Something keeps pulling me into the game and I just can't wait to see the world expand so I can uncover more of my map.

Additionally I haven't found a game that even remotely matches the classes and combat of BDO for me to want to swap to something else. BDO has the potential to be perfect. I just with PA would get their head out of their asses and listen to some of the community's more sensible feedback.

Anone, Cloudaye, Venkas and 2 others like this.
  5. Devia

cause im above softcap and pooping on other people in this game makes me feel a lot better about being a nobody and societal reject irl

6. Epitafios

Open World, the best combat system in mmo history, pvp focus of the game also feels like the most populated mmo i ever played.But the major reason i play it is because is only one of the few mmos that has to offer something deferent and is not another pve instant simulator.But ofc is not all good the game has many problems that need to fix especially the server performance and bad cash shop model.Personally as someone who likes pvp in mmos i consider Archage as the best mmo out there but unfortunately publishers killed it.

Blackoh and LinaCrysta like this.
  7. Draggun

To be honest the game is truly amazing, I love the combat mechanics and every time I level up another class I like it more. The only problems for me are the constant incremental P2W addition to the game (Artisan Memories, Kama Scroll, Combat Books...) and the terrible servers. They could do a much better job cracking down on bots as well (The 300ish bots banned are NOTHING compared to the real number of bots going around, from workers auto-feed to MP bots for workers market, courser horses and bottleneck enchanting resources).

8. MightyMidgit

MightyMidgit Ranger NA

Most of it has to do with the people I play with. Combat is amazing if there is no lag. Node wars are enjoyable if you get an even fight or even if you are outmatched. PvP is where it's at, but all things considered, if I didn't have a good guild to PvP with, I would have dropped the game long ago.

9. MrSirGuy

Decent game.

10. Beeso

The salt.

Peisinoe and Rayin like this.
  11. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 60 NA

You can get salt anywhere tho. If you are good that is. I don't see salt exclusive to BDO.

12. Beeso

Not all brands of salt are equal.

Fyrelie, Reventon, Sidina and 2 others like this.
  13. DarthRevan106

I hate it so much that i love it.I despise BDO and everything about it but i play it cause i love it.And yes this game did make me a masochist and gave me Stockholm's syndrome.

nefarie and Reventon like this.
  14. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 62 NA

Well, I like the heart rate increase when you are about to tap on yellow accessory. The psychotic giggle that escapes when it fails, and the celebratory beer when it succeeds.

I also like all of the action combat of the game (aside when mystic's are involved, or more specifically when i forget that Spiral Torpedo is a thing still), and the group PvP (RBF, Node Wars, GvG, etc).

But honestly, what really keeps me here is the aesthetics. The scenery, the sexy ladies, the super manly giants, the plucky tamers, serious sorceress, lewd DK's, everything has a lot of personality and the game is just beautiful. Even people who don't have the time to play it will get distracted by my screen when they pass by.

Busche likes this.
  15. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

pretty simple answer really. I enjoy it.
    Sure it has its ups and downs, but having played most mmo's on the market over the past decade, and being experienced in korean grinders, Eh, i guess its just my niche

It also does help our "family" is here.

16. MechGorak

+ i like the combat system and visuals
    + lack of other games that catch my interest. used to play eve-o for 7 years, nothing to compare to that

- i totally despise the balancing issues and enhancing mechanic

17. 6footgeeks

along with all the usual

its one of the only fantasy MMOs where i am not pressured to dedicate my active playing time to chase progression, i can muck about, RP, chase tamers, insult elves when im actually playing, and leave the progressing to my workers and afk life skills.

i.e i can actually LIVE in the mmo, instead of pressured to chase 'end game' nonsense

Beeso likes this.
  18. AlnilamE

The horses, the fish, the myriad of little things to do, the different classes, and the fact that I can set my characters to afk fish while I spend the next 10 days running daily quests in ESO for the jubilee boxes. :-P

19. Zakeamass

For me, the biggest thing is the graphic fidelity, and realism of the game world. While single player games out preform BDO, I have yet to see another MMO even come close. Archage, for example, looks very nice, but when you get down to it, its all just shiny set pieces. Massive buildings that make no sense and can't be entered, every area is either full of mobs or lacks detail. You have games like ESO, where dungeons are around 1.5-2x larger than they would be in the single players games, to accommodate a third person perspective. These types of things are pretty typical.

The first thing however, that I noticed in BDO, was that my Giant was massive. The buildings were too small, and my character had to duck his head to get into certain doors. I was almost annoyed that they made me feel a little claustrophobic, until I realized that it made perfect sense that building made for humans, by humans, would be built to human proportions. Then I realized that the entire town (Olivia) was laid out like a real town, with muddy trough roads, and little back alleys. Not to mention that almost every one of these buildings could be entered and turned into a player home. Then as you venture out, you notice that the entire town is surrounded by farms, and there's NPCs everywhere, traveling, working. The game just took my breath away, and that was just the first town.

And the game just keeps going, its massive. The first time I went to Calpheon in the last beta test, the city floored me. When you can stand on the top of the Mountain south of Soilders Grave, and you can see from the outskirts of Calpheon, all the way to the city of Altinova, and know that everywhere you can see (if you don't turn around anyway) is a place you can go to in the game. It was nothing like any other MMO I had played. When I go to Treant forest, I can almost feel the cool breeze trough the forest valley. When I dip down into the desert valleys to Shakatu village, I can almost smell the wet, earthy fragrances of a desert oasis. The immersion is incredible, and it's only fortified by tons of other, little things that just make for a believable world.

Combine this with an amazing combat system, a leveling system that makes an old Maplestory player like me nostalgic, and a world more interactive than most single player games, well, there's just no going back. And I think that's why people get so salty about this game. When you have something with so much potential, and you **** it up with little things like class balance, cash shop items that are a little too necessary, or new features to node wars that nobody asked for, and fail to address longstanding issues, it just makes people mad.

TL;DR: The game world is amazing in both depth and beauty that is just not found in other mmos, the devs just need to stop ****ing it up.

nefarie, Redarion, rpgmaniac and 3 others like this.
  20. Azbaleth

I simply have fun playing BDO <3