1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is crystal breaking in pve death still a thing?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by BreePoint, Jul 7, 2019.

1. BreePoint

Seriously, why?

High end crystals are either rare, hard to make, or expensive as hell on the market.
    High end mobs are hitting harder and harder.
    Servers are getting less reliable. A single reload screen at any high end zone and chances are you're dead meat unless you have full pen armors.

Most importantly, there's no legit way to restore a loss crystal. There's no legit way of prevent a crystal loss 100% of the time. So this dumb mechanic doesn't benefit anybody, including even Kakao/PA.

At this point, just add a pearl item or something that either restore or prevent crystal loss.

2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

No more pearl item suggestions thankyou. They already have far too many ways to con people into spending more and more money on this game.

2Cents, Kanimae, Lillekolibri and 6 others like this.
  3. BreePoint

Well, I'm not so optimistic as to suggest anything else, as a pearl item option would be the easiest to ask them to implement.

Kyraios likes this.
  4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

I understand but it is better to have nothing than to only have another pay wall.

2Cents, Solitaire and Yumine like this.
  5. BreePoint

No, it is not better to have nothing. Nothing doesn't solve anything.

6. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

We will have to disagree on that. I just use cheap crystals because I am not a min maxer.

Diliskar, Yulanda and Solitaire like this.
  7. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

In Tera cristals also shatter upon death and the game solved the issue by implementing a buff that prevents cristals from breaking as long as it's active.

However, Tera's cristals aren't marketable, which is the difference with BDO. If cristals never broke in BDO, the cristal market would probably crash.

Diliskar, Fateneko and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  8. Sibyyl

Sibyyl Heart Maehwa 63 NA

Eat the cost and avoid bad choices.

You don't need a pearl item to help you with that.

Deyric and IWalkAlone like this.
  9. Gir

Gir

You probably should double check yourself. Crystals are sellable on market in tera, theyre in pretty abundance amounts with it very easy to get any crystal you want or need.

Green and white crystals are breakable, and tradeable, where as when you fuse 3 breakable novet crystals ( or whatever the last tier is called, can't remember how its spelt at this point) with one of 2 specific items, you get a blue grade crystal (dyads) that's marginally stronger, no longer breakable and also is soul bound to 1 specific item, meaning that if you upgrade your weapon to the next tier, the dyads become fodder and can only be fused with 3 other dyads to have 1 attempt at a unbound version.

Tera has several different methods of dealing with Crystal breaking issues, but they also have more of them available so breaking a crystal there isnt as costly as in bdo.

Smileybones likes this.
  10. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Thanks for precision, I played Tera a long time ago when it was still sub based.

11. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 61 NA

Lol you are missing the point Pearl Abyss is making.

You can fully recover your crystals. By buying Pearl Shop costumes and selling them on the marketplace. Boom very quick crystal recovery!

12. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

Breaking crystals benefits players, because it drives some part of the economy.
    If you belong to those who breaks expensive crystals, you need to get better and not risk them.

Deyric, ODB3698, XLucaX and 2 others like this.
  13. Perfect Cell

Hmm.. How do I "get better" when the servers get DDoS'd, or get sudden lag spikes in game and end up with a loading screen in the middle of grinding? Surely you can't deny that the servers are crap.

Kyraios, Life2v and Fearless V like this.
  14. WinterMilla

Kindaish. It sucks its in the game that they break, but I don't die all that often.

15. Rügenwalder Pommersche

if u die and lose a crystal while ddos or lag spikes (from their side not just cos ur internet sucks) u can write the support and u will get them back

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

Because there has to be some risk or motivation to not die + it helps richen the crystal market. If crystals never broke then marketplace would suffer alot.

Fun fact: i havent broken a single crystal at least in 2k19 with 339dp. I stay on my toes while grinding on arsha.

17. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 62 EU

Fun fact: crystal market wont suffer nearly as much as u are suggesting because your fun fact counts for countless people and the majority of the lost crystals gets restored after tickets. also, losing crystals from grinding arsha? get of your toes its a waste of energy!

18. WinterMilla

The market would stay the same for the most part. I mean if not many people die then the market sits in a stand still. I die maybe every few months and grind for my own crystals. So its needless

19. Beeso

Welcome to life.

XLucaX and WinterMilla like this.
  20. Foo

Foo

The same reason none of us are allowed to bring our main characters to world bosses so they never die it's a conspiracy to keep items from entering game and remove items from the game

#20 Foo, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Fearless V likes this.