1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is equalized gear not a thing for PVP?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Factorial, Nov 20, 2019.

?

Should gear be equalized when it comes PVP?

1. Yes

74 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. No

98 vote(s)
    47.8%
  3. Something else

33 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. Gojira

The recent KR Arsha tournament answer the op question. it is equalised gear. its all down to tactics and skill based. problem is its just for tournament. RBF tries to equalise with GS tier score but again not the same. as this is a mismatch between open world, RBF, Arsha and the tourney gear rules. either they make a set gear like kydicts (or a more higher ap version) in other modes or it would be hard to practice when your one shotting ppl as your overgeared and would be at a disadvantage in a tourney like that when all of a sudden you have equal gear.

2. pjchin

Totally agree

3. pjchin

Well said

Distaken likes this.
  4. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

I mean when I get to 700 gearscore and can fight someone else at 700 gearscore I'll let you know but until then Ill stick to arguing about how the game shouldnt be balanced around a gear standard that like what 20? 30? out of tens of thousands are able to achieve. Also in my post I didn't only say to remove AP brackets but to also buff down attack damage. It isn't a fix all solution but I see it to be the solution that solves the most problems while creating the least additional problems. I did also mention in that post that ranged and nongrab classes would likely need small buffs to compensate.

5. PrimeGTX

u need the brackets to grind silver for pens effectivly if ur haveing problems with a high geared person get friends and just zerg them or run takes alot of work to get that score

6. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

I have no problems with a mode where PvP is equalized.

it can be like RBF, only you get no score over your head, no seals and no money. You just bop people in a sandbox for 20 mins with no buffs aside 5% attack speed alc stone that never runs out and everyone has same 261 awake/main hand and 301 DP. Done, settled. Next.

Factorial and Shogunate like this.
  7. Shogunate

All anyone is asking for is a gear capped RBF, and none of that BS human damage builds too. Just give us Trial Char only RBF and consider that your annual pvp content patch

8. Nellz

You'd just get a different variation of complaints if they did this. It would be filled with X OP classes, no one would actually play on their main because of how broken certain classes are at 'trial' level. Could they add it as a new game mode on top of what's available in the game? Sure, but it likely wouldn't be very popular as people want to PvP on their mains, not just what is OP against everything else at a certain AP bracket.

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

coz that ended well in equalized Fraywind canyon in TERA or when they forced equalized gear in WoW battlegrounds.very few people were motivated to play. i can understand people advocating more balance and less gear gaps, but equalized gear is not the right way to go.

10. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

The issue is that you are basically saying: Give renown score back.
    We have insanely geared people with 360+ DP (while still having 281+ AP) on EU, not too many but still a decent amount. We also do have a lot of people with 269-281//331+ where the combat is balanced enough imo.
    So your suggestion is just to dump it down again to what it was because some lazy casuals want to compete with actual active PvP player while, again, not putting in any effort meanwhile making money got easier, again.

What about a channel like arsha, just with trial gear. People can grind with trials there, do NWs and sieges. Would that make the lazy people finally happy?

11. Rügenwalder Pommersche

we have to add that some classes perform WAY better at trial gear than others - just make it 269/309
    (also gives more incentive to gear up when u see how u would perform at decent gear)

Fearless V and Kauni like this.
  12. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

This is the one thing I can agree with you on. Because otherwise from my personal experience. BDO's PvP is one of the worst I've seen in a MMO. Even some of the other Korean MMOs like BnS and Tera had better PvP than BDO in my honest opinion.

13. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Why do I have a feeling you mean actually too complicated and not the worst? Ngl, everytime you say something like that I have to think of your ranger gameplay :^)

IWalkAlone likes this.
  14. Rügenwalder Pommersche

but like, to be fair, its not even that complicated - sure its far more in depth than any other mmo i played
    but its rather easy to grasp the basics

15. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Honestly speaking BDO's PvP and PvE is much more brain dead. Compared to more skill based MMOs like GW2 and ESO. In ESO and GW2 gear don't carry you to a win. Any class with 300 Champion Points and Epic gear can beat others with 820 Champion Points Legendary gear. Not to mention you'll still get wrecked by PvE if you don't meet the mechanical skill checks. Even if you completely out gear the content.

In BDO everything is just a RNG Gear Check. Since you want to bring up my Ranger videos from like a year ago. Those videos are prime example of a scrub like myself with a little bit more gear then my victims and winning. In ESO or GW2 that would never happen, I would lose 9 out of 10 of those fights. Because combat in those two MMOs put way more emphasis on combat complexity and mechanical skill than gear checks at every level of play even the lower levels.

16. WhySoSeeryus

that isnt fair, my class doesnt perform at its peak there. i want ap where my summon fixed ap matches my bonus ap.

(see how it will go with players?)

17. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

The clips I remember you been just backpaddling waiting to get a grab off. Basically you used like 1/10 of your classes kit and gear was not a factor there at all. You been just fighting other scrubs.
    You would lose 10 out of 10 vs anyone who is somewhat decent on his class, even if you'd outgear by 50 GS (especially pre 600 GS mark). That's the good thing about BDO.

18. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Because equalized gear would show how many classes are OP

19. Rügenwalder Pommersche

ye thats the problem, wiz would obv prefer lower ap / higher dp
    but 269/309 (in my personal experience) is the most fair bracket and like i said 269 is a bracket where u actually feel ur gear being usefull and strong (could lower it to 265 or even 261 but thats whatever but rn with 259 thats just weird)

20. WhySoSeeryus

how is it fair to my class if other classes perform better while i perform worse? for the sake of discussion, you have to admit logical point here.