1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is Nodewars 6PM - 8 PM PST?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LightningFFXIII-4, Sep 15, 2020.

1. LightningFFXIII-4

Like seriously? The main reason most ppl gear up is to PVP, and when they finally get to "PVP", its gated by Gear/Guilds and a Specific Time.

You don't see GW2 and FFXIV saying "You can only Mass PVP during these times" lol.

Also participating in NW need's to be rewarding for everyone, both winners and losers like in RBF. Every 20 mins you should get 5 mil silver in the BS Box, and another 10 mil if you lose and 50 mil if your guild wins.

MamoruKin and ODB3698 like this.
  2. LeCordonBleu

You can mass pvp anytime you want. Node war and siege isn't the only mass pvp there is. My guild gvgs all the time and even though gvgs don't have a set time you have to do it on, we still do it during the nodewar times because that is the most convenient time for most players. You should try to come up with a system that allows node war and siege to be playable around the clock. And why complain about a system that's been around for years as if you just started doing these rofl.

3. Claydough

Yep its ****

being australian, we miss every weekday node and only get one per week

Not to mention we also lose an entire day of active playing on a wednesday also

Khondo likes this.
  4. Jiino

What's wrong with 6pm PST? :o

flukeSG2 likes this.
  5. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

I am central time and thanks to my work schedule, I to am unable to do NW at 6pm pst since thats 8pm my time, and I am getting ready for bed since i start work at 445am. Would be nice to have it start even at 5pm but 4pm pst would be more ideal since 2/3rds of the US will be more inclineded to make it outside of the weekend.

ODB3698 and Fearless V like this.
  6. ODB3698

Its been years since I was able to actually participate in node wars just because of the time restrictions. People have jobs. Same issue with Vell spawns. Its stupid to just have this stuff restricted to times where a significant number of your customers will never be able to participate. What would it hurt to have multiple additional time slots for these things at the opposite time slots they currently are? Like additional node wars between 1-3am est as an example? Like Vell every day instead of restricted to only specific days. Just put Vell and Garmouth on the same world boss rotation as other world bosses...so you can stop restricting access to your customers that cannot play those times. I'm assuming PA wants people with income to play their game? Our lives aren't scheduled around a game...they are scheduled around our jobs.

#6 ODB3698, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Factorial likes this.
  7. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

and half of the time you dont even know will there be a fight, but cant really expect much tbh

8. Disdane

I'd actually like to see some diffrent times maybe mid day during the weekend

would allow some folks who can't make weeknights the chance to participate!!

Factorial likes this.
  9. LucidKill

How about NW on Saturday afternoon and Siege on Saturday evening? You could bring back the nodes that were removed from NW recently adding them to Saturdays daytime NW.

10. Catastigma

You're supposed to adapt to the game.^^

It's the same for all mmorpg. include Raiding. World boss ect..
    If your guild is doing raids at 8 pm-11pm. You manage to be there.

The same way for any Sport-Activity. You do them within the opening hour.
    When there is a tournament, you are on time.

If you decide to work on a December 31st from 9pm to 3am. You are the only one to blame for missing the party.

I took my work schedule according to my hobbies personally.^^ An employer can be flexible.

#10 Catastigma, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  11. Factorial

This is a great idea.

Sure, if you have no life, this is a great way to look at it. Here is the thing: most people have a life outside of BDO.

It might seem strange to you, but it's true.

12. TeRRoRibleOne

West coast has the server advantage already with them being in San Jose, California.... Now you want the times catered to you. On behalf of the East Coast, screw you.

Fearless V likes this.
  13. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Nodewars starting at midnight for the east coast would be real cool Im sure.

14. Denthors

think with your brain for a minutes, if you push the node war later in the west then it push it later in the east too

so if you move it to 8 pm west it will begin at 11 pm in the east.... are you insane ?

the only way to solve the problem would be to have 2 node wars per day. one for the west one for the east.

Fearless V and Factorial like this.
  15. zhagsten

Last time I checked, my sportive activities, including competition, were scheduled around standard working/school hours.