1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is noone demanding that they remove renown and AP boosts?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WhySoSeeryus, May 11, 2018.

1. T800

#41 T800, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  2. 猩紅熾せらふ

I agree. The renown system should just be removed altogether. No one should be that tanky when they build that much AP, that's the trade off. It basically makes dp/hybrid build not viable until maybe all tet accessory levels and even then that's debatable. The WHOLE point of building AP is that you are a glass cannon if you do, that's the trade off. For everyone who spent time and invested in mixed builds it's really stupid. At this point you might as well remove dp accessories. Then people QQ'd about the DP given from renowned so they lowered it which hurt non AP monkeys even more. Honestly, just do away with the renown system, it doesn't make any sense to keep adding all these "hidden" non sheet numbers in my opinion.

The cc/sa changes and things like that I think are going in a right direction though,it's more skill intensive in terms of decision making and placement in PVP, just take away renown.

3. zenjudit

I honestly understand what you mean by this. But really, the game is gear based from the start. You get more good gear, you get better RS. For me, it just makes sense that a 3 month old player should not be able to beat a 5 years old veteran in-game. That was clearly stated in the patch when they release the renown score, of course not the way I stated here hehe. And If I were a newbie with cap gear, why the heck would I try to kill someone with complete pen gear in the first place.

I am not in anyway trying to argue with you, but I hope you see my point.

The best effect of RS so far is the bad pvp system where the first to get the CC win unless they mess up. Of course, you can still get one shotted IF they are over geared.

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

because (imho) main part of this game IS pvp and one guy shouldnt have that kind of avantage vs decently geared people. we r not talking about tri geared grunilgangs. and you are bund to run into those people... or better - they will run into you. all kinds are even on t1 nodewars these days :D you can imagine the fun. i mean, you dont have to, that video shows it. and i dont think that guy is even remotely full pen :D

5. XLucaX

This the face I made after the changes

[​IMG]

6. TheReason

That was before the DR nerf. Funny thing is he would have prolly did similar even before renown system was implemented. I mean he already had stormtrooper title. It's never been hard to slaughter noobs like superman if you had the gear and they didn't.

7. T800

#47 T800, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  8. Blitzball

Before renown , no one use Cadry or Bensho necklace outside troll DP build 350+

9. iller

No that's not true at all. At BEST it's barely half-true. But judging by your Join date, I guess I could understand why you'd mistakenly assume that since you apparently weren't here at the actual "Start"?

10. Dringe

I like how PA puts comments about the recent changes as if they listen to players' feedback, but ignore the huge outburst about the renown system. The "fixes" they made I wouldn't even call an adjustment, it's just pretending as if they did something while still keeping the garbage system.

The first 3 comments in the Negative section on the BDO Inven's KR reaction post are 100% accurate.

11. zenjudit

Makes me laugh when people judge your join date on the date you joined the "forums"

I joined before the release of awakening classes, so yeah not really one of the pioneer players. During those time I play the game, never touch the forums. Then when I got bored, thats the time I join the forums :)

Haha your post just blowed your credibility

12. iller

No it didn't, your register date, is the only Credibility you have that we can go off of. ..unless you've got a couple Twitch VODs or Youtube videos predating it to prove you were there

13. zenjudit

lmao dude, I'm not even registered in the forums yet and only logged in using FB. I play bdo, not the forums and just come here when I get bored of the game. I am not sure how to get the purchase history for the standalone client to show you but at the least, I can show you the steam purchase date since I converted in June 12, 2017. And in this game, I actually left 3x now (to play other games like overwatch) and came back, so on and off. I'm surprised you never got burned out playing if you started since 2016 or are you just an avid forum user?

14. zenjudit

@iller

here ya go bro:

[​IMG]

sorry I dont make videos or twitch. I however make websites and oracle programs if that makes sense :)

15. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Why are you linking a clip of Dynasty Warriors on the BDO forum?

That's Guan Yu valiantly going up against Cao Cao's minions.

Chaos Ronin and Rayin like this.
  16. Ioci

OK, OP.
    I Demand that they remove renown and AP Boost.

I'm sure they will getting around to making that happen in... never?

T800 likes this.
  17. Rainfear

wahhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhh *kicks and screams*

Your parents should have socialized you before age 4, this is embarrassing

18. RipVonBongle

IMO, AP scaling and renown should be at the top of everybody's complaint list but it seems to be overshadowed by how recent changes effect their class. I would be more patient and open minded with all of the "balancing" if I knew scaling and renown would be drastically altered or removed. However, unless I've missed something, it has not even been mentioned by PA in the patch notes or dev diaries.

I doubt anything will be changed with the current system because it forces players to constantly enhance to try to stay gear relevant which increases artisan memory sales. PA can claim "player feedback" till their blue in the face but the fact is the majority of players that I encounter realize the scaling and renown are complete crap

19. j.p.van.dorsten

people have been posting the moment it hit live servers that the renown system is bad

20. thdsm

Surely you realise yourself how utterly idiotic this argument is, and will spare me the trouble of coming up with silly rl analogies to explain why just because the game was gear based to a point, it doesn't make it any less retarded to make it even more gear based?

I just gotta love these "x just should not y" statements. For me, it just makes sense that immigrants in my country should not be able to get any job at all, but for some reason there are lots of crybabies who call this "discrimination". Annoying, innit?

iller and WhySoSeeryus like this.