1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is the UI just getting bigger and bigger...?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DafuqYouLookinAt, Mar 25, 2020.

?

Do you like these UI changes?

1. No. It's enormous, bulky & dark.

58 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. Yes. It's perfect, well done.

10 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Meh, kinda. I think we should be able to toggle between old/new & change menu size/transparency.

24 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. DafuqYouLookinAt

Just why?

Ever since the release of it, it just seems to be becoming less & less fitting for PC gaming and it's gaming audience playing.

Edit: Everything is becoming more spaced out & widened as well. I miss my old inventory/gear layout.

I mean, the new UI was originally designed for console wasn't it? Destined to be shared across all platforms...?
    For whatever reason...

Can we seriously not revert back to the previous one or even the original UI?
    If perhaps I missed something, please let me know I'd like to not have this version or at least "adjust it" to my liking.
    If not, we should absolutely be given that option.

What're your thoughts?

SonnyIgor, Kachu and Spectrari like this.
  2. Lunamaster

Big trash can so you can not miss it anymore>they should make it full inventory size. Anyway anything you pick in this game is a trash

SonnyIgor likes this.
  3. DafuqYouLookinAt

They literally made a BIG change to UI by adding BIG menus and icons then they spread out all the icons/texts to fit all it's BIGNESS.

I hate it so much, always have. (-__-"
    PC with console design? It just never made sense to me.

SonnyIgor, Phoenixxx75 and Saccharin like this.
  4. Lunamaster

Its look like lazy work to me. Change Ui. Ok boss done

5. Nefae

I think they spend more time to new UI than character balance. They're changing all every patch, even with this, scroll bars doesn't work how it should.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  6. bebunw

i want the Ui to be dyeable, i don't like brown color

7. Meliea

I hate it too, this streamline design with console so we get the same UI, whats so hard to give PC Users a good looking UI which does not cover so much of the screen. Even better would be an option to have a minimalistic transparent UI.

Im so glad i went from 1080p to 1440p 3 months ago, cause on 1080p the UI is really unbearable, covers up too much of the screen.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  8. Ateena

It's not lazy a design.It's actually really thoughtful of them. They know we are getting older and our vision worsens so by upping t he size, they ensure we don't have issues.
    - probably some ambassador :)

9. Lofty

It wouldn't be such a massive problem if text would rasterize properly when the UI is scaled down. But even at 99% the text starts getting more and more unreadable so the whole UI scaling feature is worthless.

10. DafuqYouLookinAt

I'm in between with determining whether their intentions were positive or negative.

Either way, myself and many others since the release of the new UI think that the design is way to large. It takes up quite a lot of space on the screen.
    It really isn't a design that seems to be friendly for PC users considering it's a "shared" design across all platforms.
    Idk any other game that has shared design but if you know one, you make it known.

Sure, it's nice in some parts but not completely and we've been asking for toggle features or revert features for a long time.
    I admire your positivity but not every complaint is just to complain if thats how you may perceive people who speak of the UI.
    I can't tell if you're trolling or trying to be cute n supportive for the design fully.
    There's many solutions and suggestions that could in fact better improve the design in attempt to satisfy many people.

It's not exactly thoughtful to push a change that doesn't really belong for a specific platform nor is it to not allow options for players to customize it better, especially given the options we already currently have to do so with.

#10 DafuqYouLookinAt, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  11. Buddypal

The UI is ok but the fonts size is beyond retarded: it's basically like reading HardOCP these days. There have the same fonts alignment and it sucks.

God bless Intel and Kyle Bennett!

PS: big sorry for ya son kyle :/

SonnyIgor likes this.
  12. Warkind

Is there a way to change it? The last UI were undesirable changes were bearable, but the inventory screen that I spend all my time looking at looks like it was designed by a five year old.

13. Pointis

Pointis Wizard 61 EU

I wish I could. But my 64" Plasma (164cm) only displays 1080p. The new trashcan symbol now is as big as my fist....

No, I mean, literally as big as my fist...

20200326_003846.jpg

#13 Pointis, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  14. Buddypal

Still downloading after a 4 week hiatus so can you make a picture of the new inventory screen? iam curious.

Thanks!

15. magret

and now for hygien measures and avert you from dreaming of people working hand in hand, hugging and loving each other in those dark times:
    scroll bar

16. magret

you gonna need bigger fists

Factorial and Pointis like this.
  17. Spectrari

New UI is not that bad, but too big, they need to make it smaller and remove unused gaps there.

18. Kachu

It's bulky, huge and just ugly. I can barely stand to use it long enough to sell fish and throw the game back in the tray again. Annoyance with this terrible UI update is *largely* why I've all but stopped playing. Trying to use it on a small screen is extra torment where everything stacks in half-assed broken layers even if you do shrink it to the point you can hardly read it. Just a mess. They need to do what's been suggested a thousand times, make it customizable and EVERYTHING should be able to hide/show. Whoever made the popups can just spill hot coffee in their lap daily too, thx.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  19. RandomHajile

UI isn't getting bigger. Aye, U is just getting smaller. :)

20. WarmongerX

Bump, i cant take this anymore.

Please give us the ability to switch back, this is so aggravating.

TuFuiEgoEris likes this.