1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Why is there a CP cap for the Kama Dailies?

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by willsaf, Nov 1, 2017.

1. willsaf

I'm just trying to wrap my head around any possible reason as to why there would be a high end CP cap to the Kama dailies? And for the life of me I can't think of a single one.

What am I referring too you might be asking? Well if you open your quest log and go to the Recurring tab expand the Kama dailies and just mouse over most of them they give conditions for each.

And eight out of the twelve daily quests in Kama 1 have the condition of a CP requirement:
    "Contribution Points between 260 and 350"

Now I can somewhat understand the lower limit, it does somewhat coincide to what someone that is a level 58 should have by then (maybe). But what really gets me is WHY is there a high-end cap too it?

This makes no sense. Are they trying to tell me that because I have been able to achieve more than 350 CP in the game thus far that I should be excluded from these daily quests?
    upload_2017-11-1_13-11-11.png

2. Ambiguity

Ambiguity Berserker 61 EU

Indeed, it makes 0 sense. I'm at 334 but i'm not going to turn in cooking / alchemy byproducts any time soon

3. FayeAldridge

FayeAldridge FayeAldridge Valkyrie 57 NA

Hi,
    Personally, I consider it the wall every highly adapted veteran player will face in order to allow new players to consistently catch up or close the gap between you and himself, otherwise new players would have no good feelings in realizing that no matter how hard they try, that bridge isn't getting smaller and successful players keep getting richer while the new players being poor don't advance as quickly as veterans do despite knowing or doing the same activities every day.

In the end, if this wasn't how things work, only those who invest more time in a day to do more quest would be capable of closing the gap between veterans and newbies.

Cheerios ~(⸝⸝ᵕᴗᵕ⸝⸝)/.。.:*♥
    [​IMG]

4. Ambiguity

People are not doing kama dailies for CP, that's why it makes no sense. Check out the quest rewards

5. Remyra

@CM Aethon @CM Yukimura is there an explanation form korea why there is a 350 contributionpoint cap on daily quests?

6. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 61

They catch up by the fact that the op needs like 100 times more exp per cp level than any new players needs. No need to exclude the really minor bonus exp the kama dailies provide. Actual powerleveling CP will still be cooking and that is not capped on the other hand.

7. Andaro

How much Cexp do the K-CP-dailies give? And how eastward they to do?

Frankly speaking , if they are easy or too easy to do, I would definitely have a limit (example catch the chick for grandma in calpheon)......but if they are time consuming and require active grind (such as kill 600 bashim for 500 CP) I do not think there should be a limitation at all (even daily occurrence)(those, should just be repeatable)

but that's just one opinion

8. GM BBrilliant

Game Master

My personal thoughts would also echo what @FayeAldridge mentioned in their comment. What would players like to see with regards to a cap?

Amarenda likes this.
  9. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 61

What Faye said however is simply wrong. The first like 250 cp you can do in a really short time. The last 50 cp from 300 to 350 will take you 100+hours of daily cp quests and powerleveling by cooking. The gap between new players and me for example is closing by the fact that I need to cook with 1.1sec cooktime for like 5 or 6 hours for 1 cp while a new palyer does one quest and gets 2 cp.
    I am not even sure if the softcap got changed to 400 as the ingame text actually states if you hover your mouse over the cp exp. With the additionaly nodes of kama and soon kama 2 350 will also be pretty low to cover all the nodes you want. I mean I am full pay to win, do not need a single storage in any town and less lodgings to spent cp on and I am still missing CP to cover all nodes you can gather from with workers.
    If you are worried about newer palyers having too low CP compared to older players you should rather be worried about people like me, that need like 100 cp less simply because we bought 3 extra lodgings in every territory and all the storage we need.
    As such it also does not make sense to exclude people with more than 350 cp from the cp exp those quest give. The exp of quests is really low compared to cooking anyway. So it does not really help newer palyers to catch up. It only leaves a bitter taste for the people that are only being half rewarded doing those dailies.
    You also do not stop getting exp from mobs because you are level 61, so that new players can catch up. It is the same there. You just suddenly need 10, 100 or 1000 times as long for 1 level, so people catch up.
    I would want you to verify me if we already got a lowered cp exp in the range from 350 - 400 or not. There should never be a hard cap. It is those few points I have more than most others through cooking that keep me going to built up the worker empire.

10. Andaro

personally, I believe that originally at first a soft cap was/is in place in order to slow progression of overall wealth and income generated into the servers by Trading as at the time that yielded a larger amount of income, alongside fishing.

In 2 years time now, as the game has progressed, changes made, maps expanded that cap was elevated, as certain Trade output reductions were made (example would be fish nodes now giving dried fish rather than actual fish that could be sold to traders)(another example the reduction in trade experience gained from stacked crates traveling from one end of the continent to the other)

As the map continues to expand and the amount of wealth is already present from the gaming having aged, I see no reason objectively as to why the soft cap couldn't be raised slightly higher.

That doesn't mean acquiring CP should become any easier, as I primarily used it for storage starting off, and then proceeded to buy storage expansion so I could reallocate, so there is a potential for hurting sales in the pearl shop in that regard.

At the moment, I believe it is ok as it is, and could be reassessed in the future.

11. willsaf

When I started this post, it was never meant to be a conversation about the games overall CP cap, but yet to address the true meaning to WHY is there a high-end cap on a daily quest?
    So with that in mind, again I ask the simple question of why should a player with over 350 CP be excluded from these new daily quests that came out in this new area?
    Kama1 was supposed to be harder than Kama2, thusly wouldn't you expect those higher level players that do go down there to possibly have more then 350 CP?

12. Andaro

read what I posted. If you have 350 CP you can link up quite a lot, provide your own storage to max capacities in at least 2 to 3 cities. So it's a slowdown mechanism.

13. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 61

That is not his question. Leveling CP at those CP values is efficiently done only by cooking anyway. The slowdown mechanism is the more and more increasing exp you need per level. There is no reason to exclude him from half of the quest reward. I have 350 CP full p2w stoarge in every region and lodging too and I can still not link enough for that in my opinion. I even need to bother making the node connecting to valencia every time I trade crates(and reverse it after) or permanently give up on precious worker income to avoid this annoyance. I think I could actually expect more for having spent so much time and money getting there.

14. Andaro

well that's what I meant by the game having progressed (or rather we have progressed) enough to need higher values, so at some point it would have to be reassessed.

In other words would it hurt the economy or pearl shop to increase the soft cap further ?

I don't think it would, as there are still too more regions after K2, that's a lot more nodes to connect, and so we probably will have a soft increase to 400, and then to 450, buts that's rough speculation on best guess

*Edit* Also I am sure that in game currency (silver ) is being "sunk" enough now to counter the influx of new silver, versus at the beginning everyone began banking it for future endeavors and the sinks hadn't quite caught up to establish the needed balance (but that is speculation, as only the staff would know the current balances of the economy)(but sinkage is one of the things they monitor)

#14 Andaro, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  15. Solsi

Thanks for the advice. I'm also at 334 CP and didn't know about Kama CP capped quests.

Will start saving all my byproducts as well after this.

16. Remyra

so ppl asume the cp cap is 522, it makes 0 sense for someone no longer to be able to complete Kamasilve-Daily quests with 350+ .. and if this had to do with balance, fairness or whatever reason, there would be maybe an ingame-option to buy and sell the Canape-Cooking-Outfit for each class, which isnt the case. (mentioning the costume since the costume + the upgraded ingame costume + food is the best way to gain CP-XP with byproducts .. to >"catch-up"< )

17. Ambiguity

There are some Valencia City repeatable quests that got the same treatment. I'm fine with that, whatever. They could even take the Calpheon quests away, i don't really care, as the CP EXP is so low at one point it's not even worth doing them. I haven't done them in ages. But the problem with kama quests is that you get Peridot Leaf as reward for some of those dailies. Why? ... that's why i said it makes 0 sense. Why would you penalize someone who is at 350 CP and remove that. Those quests should only give CP EXP if you want to remove them from those already at that soft cap and not a fresh introduced item needed for horse awakening.

willsaf likes this.
  18. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 58 NA

If you're a horse trainer like me you'll always be poor :(
    And sadly alot of us didn't and still don't have enough CP to do the dailies. Even after 15+ months playing.

Honestly I think 400-420 wouldn't be too bad. Some ppl just love questing and didn't do it just to get points but to do the storyline. I think it should also be lowered to 200. But that's my opinion. I haven't hit 200 yet (I know shhhhh :) I'm working on it)
    Or maybe even just doing different lvls for groups of 5 quests? There's just soooo many and only 3 us noobs can do. :(

Edit so like 200-420 cp needed

19. willsaf

Again, this question was never about the overall CP cap.
    (Though all input in the over CP cap is appreciated.)
    But to be more directly to the point, there are rewards on these Kama1 daily quests that can only be obtained by doing these daily quests, and by putting a high-end cap on these quests limit access to the rewards: *Peridot Leaf*.
    Now you if you ever have much hope in trying for a T9 horse, you will see just how important these reward items become in those attempts.
    So maybe I should reword the question for clarity?

When trying to obtain Peridot Leaf, which can only be gained thur the Kama dailies, why is there a high-end CP cap limiting players access to getting the Peridot Leaf?

#19 willsaf, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  20. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 58 NA

I've only done 4 T9 Fails. And I have to low cp to do more than 3. Yea I can slowly work to get enough to be able to do them but right now I know the struggle of being able to only do 3 quests. So I definitely know where you are coming from. Almost seems there should be an amount of them before you can start doing the quests but imho I don't think there should be a cap. Above I replied to the GMs question.
    Also hoping Kama 2 has more dailies to get them that don't require the cp amount being a hurdle. :) (hint hint)