1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is this game so Bug ridden, and why is that acceptable?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Pavo, May 25, 2018.

1. Pavo

I remember before/ around SWTOR, developers actually cared and tried to fix bugs. Why did this change and why is this acceptable?

For me, it was SWTOR, since that game was released with so many bugs, a bunch of us who moved from WOW quit within 4 months of bugs being ignored.

This game is literally bug ridden with stuff I have never before seen in a game. It seems to be ignored, or worse these devs don't know how to fix the simplest of stuff.

1) Tool Tip windows get "stuck" on the screen constantly. If your mouse is hovering over a tool tip when you close a window or do some/ certain actions, that tool tip will be stuck on your screen. I see this in the Amity game for the conversation windows. I see this in the MP when sometimes for some reason the items tool tip is just stuck on my screen.
    It literally happens everywhere and has been since the beginning of the game. I have never seen or experienced this before, in any game or program lol

2) Peridot wagon speed skill will sometimes/ various times stop my wagon completely and I get a message to "please wait a moment to use the skill." This is for a wagon that will take you minimum of 10 days of dailies to make, on top of about 8k of some useful traces like Trace of Forest.

3) In the Amity game where it shows you your Favor Points ( the last one on the screen) your total from the last round is stuck and will stay stuck unless you get more than before. Yes, I know most people think the Amity game is stupid, and I agree the implementation is retarded, but the idea behind the mechanic is pretty ****ing awesome and original.

4) Any transportation wagon/ ship have been bugged out for over a year where they sail backwards/ sideways or wagons float in the air or do 360 spins lol

I don't want to make this more of a wall of text than it is, but I can go on and on and on....

To the point where I actually have a really hard time of thinking of any portion/ mechanic that isn't bug ridden.
    I named the above 4 because I feel those should have never existed in the first place or have been fixed within a patch or two at most.

I mean there is a "popular" OS called Windows for crying out loud and these guys can't make them work properly in their 4+ year old game, 2+ years for NA/ EU.

Do these developers have no pride in their work and don't care, because the game is "playable" and "works" or are they honestly incompetent and not able to fix all these damn bugs in the game?

Blackhearted, Pkmdz, crawlord and 9 others like this.
  2. Gingen

Gingen Guildmarm Sorceress 59 NA

I wish that instead of the combat changes over the past month, that they instead hammered out nothing but bug fixes over those 30 days of patches. Could you imagine?

Blackhearted, Korvgubben and Woodsy like this.
  3. Tvvin

Why fix anything when they can say "working as intended" and do nothing?

Kibelius set for Ninja is the only class you can't change shoes and that thread is labeled as intended in bug report. One of many examples of this company is pathetic

Woodsy likes this.
  4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

How many people have been stuck falling, or are randomly switched into noncombat states during pve/pvp? Isn't it fun when your attacks actually heal mobs and players as well? How about the infamous investing in a node bug.

Run on over to soldiers grave an have fun with that fiasco.

Blackhearted and Woodsy like this.
  5. Nosimo

Game full of bugs, exploits.... People still spend money and play. They have no motivation to fix things as long as people still spend money. Don't like bugs? Don't spend money on poor quality games. The **** state MMOs and many other games are in is entirely the fault of players. Stop playing garbage games.

6. Andaro

Ambassador

All games contain bugs.
    You will never play a game that does not have bugs.
    You will never eliminate all bugs.
    Bugs that were fixed can be unfixed when another bug is fixed.

You can help the community and game by reporting found bugs via Ticket, (and for exploits, not "publicizing" them)

Smileybones likes this.
  7. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

I spent ages building the Peridot Wagon, used it for about 10 minutes before I realised how hilariously broken it is. You mentioned the "please wait a moment" skill bug, and I love the broken physics where if you go up or down any kind of incline the wagon resets to horizontal so either the front or back is sticking out into the air.

Put it back into a stable and haven't touched it since.

8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Youv been here awhile..why don't you share some bugs you have encountered so that PA can address them..not asking for exploits.

Bugs becoming known should help get their fix prioritized.

A single person submitting a ticket is all fine an good..but an audience submitting should have the problem actually addressed.

Chosan likes this.
  9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Also, is this what you tell your boss/customers when your work is riddled with errors that cause you to have to go back and redo stuff?? What kinda work ethic is that?

Bugs are supposed to be that lil .01% away from perfection...They are not supposed to render your finished work only 65% complete.

Blackhearted, Chosan and Pavo like this.
  10. Pavo

Welcome to sunken cost fallacy.

Also the last few months I have barely played. I basically now just afk train horses, since that seems to be the least amount of effort, requiring me to repair my peridot wagon every 2 days or so and breeding/ selling/ hooking up 2 sets of horses basically once a week.

I still enjoy the concept and such, but if I'm being honest, it's truly the sunken cost fallacy that's keeping me here since this is the first game I have ever bought something from a cash shop.

I also admit that every other MMO, except for WOW ( and that's changing with their cash shop as well) , is a bug ridden **** fest.

You can find posts from me from over a year ago, basically saying once I quit this game, I'm basically done with gaming as it's all a bug ridden cash grab.

11. StormySkyes

Did you even read the patch notes. Or any past patch notes? 50+ bug fixes.

12. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

done that more than once, nothing happens about them

i actually think to myself the same stuff, why are all these bugs in here and why is it acceptable lol

other games barely have any visible bugs in their live stage, bdo on the other hand..

OP isn't even talking about big bugs he's talking about some small irrelevant stuff that barely even affects multi-player gameplay, unlike all the character skills/controls related bugs

Nakria and Mesuka like this.
  13. Life Aries

TBH they do a ton of patches every week with detailed notes. With exception to the flying wagons and strafing ships, the game is incredibly well built, I'm, at least I'm terms of general gameplay, environment and basic interactions. I think you have a very poor perception of how well everything does run. Let's see wow try to have bdos graphics and then you can compare the two seriously.

Smileybones and StormySkyes like this.
  14. Celensra

It's because there's no game like it. In particular, there's no game one can go to for a combat system like Black Desert has (had...>_<) so they're able to do many things as they have with less severe repercussions than we'd likely see if there was a good alternative. It's also an amazing game to look at and very immersive (I'm a sucker for this lol...)

15. Flood

Flood Musa 62 NA

Trying to leave battle arena and dying right before my character loads out. You spawn in outside of the arena dead but with no buttons to resurrect. You're forced to go to char select and log back in but you'll also lose EXP because it doesn't give you the option to use a tear for it either.

Reigne Irkalla and Chosan like this.
  16. Korvgubben

3: I vaguely remember this not happening during the pre-mediah game build.

Cant agree enough with point 1 though, that **** is so annoying and still not fixed after all this time...

17. Andaro

Ambassador

having been a bug rooter for another publisher I can attest that it is a very sad truth that many many small bugs and quirks go largely unserviced for quite a long time.

Its not really that the devs font want to fix bugs, but more of "whenever they decide to.fit it into their production schedule". In another game we had some bugs that were very simple to fix (literally as a private server fixed them in one click), that took their developer 6 years to finally fix.

Most developers typically do a bug rollup, that is, fixing many bugs at once in a "bug focus" rather than a few here and a few there.

PA seems to do whatever they feel the fancy to do when they feel fancy to do it lol.

In my previous game , we committed to a forum public "Bug Library" using Google sheets to document and keep a "Record" of Bugs so they could not be "lost and forgotten".

Of course, large game breaking bugs and/or exploits were kept NonPublic either in a separate spreadsheet (staff access only) or in support ticket only.

Perhaps, this is something we might be able to do here, if the staff gives us the greenlight in the Bugs Subforum.

@CM Aethon
    @GM Dew

PS, we would use the same Sheet Submission method as currently in use in the Feedback Suggestions subforum to track Suggestions

Reigne Irkalla, Chosan and Ravare like this.
  18. Jaeger

pubg is full of bugs and many ppl still playing it

19. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Im sure there are bugs but honestly, I never encountered one since closed beta oO Not sure what ppl do to even get those bugs xD

20. Andaro

Ambassador

I have submitted a request to @GM Dew to start a public "Bug Tracking Document" on the Bugs Subforum, with certain guidelines of course. So perhaps we can get the community involved in creating a "Library".

It has been my experience that a well documented library index that follows specific guidelines works tremendously well in pushing for bug fixes in large batches, especially when there is a community effort in recording them.

"We" could start one easily enough, but it would be better if it were officially sanctioned and stickied.

#20 Andaro, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018