1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why most people struggle at pvp

Discussion in 'PvP' started by irrelevant, Apr 5, 2018.

1. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

I don't care about your opinion, you're wrong. It's an excuse you tell to yourself to keep your ego protected cause when all is laid naked and bare you're left there realizing that you're not as good as you think cus you've never had the determination and the reasoning to go further than others and you don't want that. That's why you hide behind team-oriented objective based garbage pvp games where you can rely on circumstances or teammates to carry you..

which is what this thread is about, how spot on, right? I know my stuff. People like you that are too afraid of getting hurt and too afraid of blaming themselves and too afraid of acknowledging that they suck are the type of people that will always try to convince themselves they are winners and you need a game that can help you with that.. and not a game where you' can be destroyed like bdo. Even to this day i still blame myself if its truly my fault for failing, in bdo it's often not my fault cus tamer is garbage and cus bdo is bdo but at least i can separate when it is my fault and when it is not, which you clearly can't

btw if you think bdo is as gear based as you say, why not ask someone (me) to fight ? I'll take off gear so that you have advantage as long as it's within some reasonable level and i'll fight you until you surrender , no best out of anything or whatever cus that won't show skill i'll just fight until you dont think there's any more adjustments or improvements you can do, or i can do. I'll probably need a few fights to adjust to the dmg taken/received but after that it's whatever, i can win duels with 200 ap without problems whatsoever against bad people

this thread talks about winning by not being better than your enemy and that's everything you seem to be talking about, getting gear to a point is person-based. I admit that post-soft cap gear is bs but it isn't game breaking in most scenarios and if you have absolutely no skill no gear will ever make you win, you still need to have some..

but now let me go back to playing gw2 cus im in the mood and i play that trash many hrs a day for a few weeks then i quit cus its a really bad game while you're here doing nothing and talking about whats skill based pvp and whats not

i'll prob be sitting at around 50-60% win rate in my gw2 session despite being really good at the game and playing it from release but because you're incredibly limited in that game and because it isn't about skill that won't really matter, i don't want to force myself to play X class or X build , i want to play what i enjoy but in a different game these are not viable at all. In bdo even the worst class will absolutely dumpster the best class if gear/skill are present (both of which are player-based) and even if both people are skilled you can still win in bdo.. unlike a game where you're hard countered by a character or a build and there's absolutely nothing you can do at all whatsoever. Like gw2. Which has nothing to do with skill. Lol. My build hard-counters half of the meta builds so i can beat these people with 0 effort while im semi-afk and i know some of them aren't that bad it's just not as skill based as some people like you are trying to imply

im not saying bdo is the most skill based game ever as it has a lot of issues but it sure as hell requires more skill than these other games...

IWalkAlone and Reuter like this.
  2. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Then you have completely close the door on any constructive dialog. Therefor expect no response from me after this one. Look at the videos. Where do you see people fighting with groups. They are 1vXing against the odds in highly rated trash MMORPGs that will last far longer than BDO. BDO is mostly nothing more than a gear/class based one shot feast. And from the looks of it, the high GS guys who are already oneshotting people are getting a buff. That's not decent PvP, That is gear v gear PvP.

Anyways you are not willing to engage in a civil dialog. You are just here to boost your own EGO while trying to disassemble others. And telling them their opinion don't matter to you. In that case your opinion don't matter to me. You have exposed yourself as the pompous joke you are.

End of conversation with you. Good Day to you!

Rasta667 and Columba like this.
  3. Columba

careful, man. Irrelevant will interview himself again about your qualities and post them!!! fear the self interview with those hardball questions!

Rasta667 likes this.
  4. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

I fears nothing! Not even death itself! That has also been proven many times over IRL.

Rasta667, rximmortal and Columba like this.
  5. rximmortal

Are u a fireman or a police ? Army ?

6. Columba

No maam. We're musicians. Jake Elwood.

7. M337

M337 Witch NA

push a few buttons (in a specific order and pattern) to delete the other player.
    Figure out the pattern for your class(you might want some half decent gear for that though) and that's how you git gud at BDO pee vee pee

Fearless V likes this.
  8. RadiantStorm

RadiantStorm Ysvaroux Ranger 62 EU

You know, this is only a game right? Maybe put that amount of energy and power into actually accomplishing something in life, like plant a tree or something.

Rasta667 and Columba like this.
  9. Nyhver

You don't bring any proof, I'll help you list a MMORPG with actual skill and fast timing with reaction and predictions, and meaningful spacing + knowledge and awareness, decision making

You didn't list it and it's probably because it's your hypothesis;

You do not know what skill is. Same reason you give the typically weak argument of authority.

Most people don't know what skill is and can't articulate it well either. People do not prefer things of high skill or else everyone would prefer high skill fighting games and clamor for more games to be as fighting game-like as possible in the best of ways. This is not reality. Fast food places aren't popular because they're exquisite diners. Hollywood movies aren't beaming with artistic creativity and skill. John Wick is one of the only recent hollywood action movies that has good choreography and skill.

Even in the maehwa video you linked, the maehwa needs a lot of improvement as far as skill goes but the PvP isn't instant-dying, and instant dying doesn't determine skill, it determines whether come back is a factor or how much come back, and punishment and reward, gameplay is a determination of skill, not whether you instant die or not. You need to stop your piffling. This should be a basic of gameplay and skill and pvp and you don't mention it or certainly don't imply it, you imply a misunderstanding, confusion, a lack of understanding.

No, you close the door on constructive dialogue when you're being completely unreasonable. You waltz in here thinking you can throw around baseless and easy claims with no evidence and expect to be taken seriously or act as if you're on a high horse of skill and enlightenment. You aren't. This conversation and every one you have been in on this subject has essentially been people, including me telling you in more complex terms that 1+1 is 2, and you keep repeating "No, 1+1 is not 2."

Then after being told that you're being unreasonable or plainly wrong you say "Well you're not up for constructive dialogue"

Irrelevant is spot on with you and I'll mirror your words.

You need to bring something more to the discussion, all you are is one more broken record who doesn't understand something and thinks it to be wrong or more simple than it is, one more roughly organized cluster of cells giving the same ear grating sound over and over, dangling in senseless articulation, no meaning to its life.

10. Salador

irrelevant with this pace with which people give up playing pvp because it's disappointing, you and your wolf in the RBF will only stay. :)

11. Todesklinge

Todesklinge Amazonen Valkyrie 61

If the PvP need skill.
    Can you (100 AP and 150 DP) defeat a Player with 200 AP and 300 DP?

In a Death-Fight, skill is realy important or the Equipment?

Fearless V likes this.
  12. Joungf

If the equipment gives you so high protection that any type of attack does have no effect (all stats max, 90 - 100 % immune against any debuff) ...
    Actually if a heavy armour or weapon give you e.g. speed +50 ... ok ... logic?
    It depends on many factors ...

13. Starrky_boi

I see where this comes from. Especially visible in rbf- tried to pvp for some time now even tho I'm undergeared- 465 with dim tree and kzarka only boss pieces so far. I try pretty hard to improve in rbf but it's not fun dying in oneshot all the time even through the walls or because some1 is stacked like for biggest siege in game.

Here is the example of guy fully stacked for rbf being pretty much unkillable via 4people:
    [​IMG]

I would reaaaally like to see anything that standarizes buffs or anything in rbf, because for now pvp is about money 90% of the time.

I am only having fun doing 1v1s with friends with somewhat similiar gear that I can actually land anything on them

14. Joungf

As I said before: PvP is neither equal nor fun in BDO!

Fearless V likes this.
  15. IWalkAlone

If a game brings you pleasure play it...

Fearless V likes this.
  16. Noixi

/facepalm....
    This game only has PvP for the UBER-ELITE.

And the UBER EILTE range from those players who can dedicate 6 hours of game play a day;
    To those who some how have RL money to somehow get UBER rich in silver in the game;
    To those who form a pure 100 manned guild that is 100% dedicate to having all members ABOVE the average level and gear score.
    To those who have won the RNG GODS undivided attention.

The casual, the poor, the unconnected, and the unlucky, need not apply.

unange and Fearless V like this.
  17. Atron

Yea maybe against a training dummy in Arena.

18. Atron

Of course ... you think you will ever be good in PVP if you dont have time to train your skills in RBF/Arena for hours per day?

Get your head out of the sand ... if you dont have hours per day to actually commit to the PVP aspect of the game you won't make it anywhere.

Of course low tier bracket you can still dominate if you are talented to the point you don't have to look on keyboard while PVPing but top End bracket ... you are out of luck man.
    Even if you have tet gear you will not come far. Players that are training hard every day for months on SAME class (not re-rolling every month) will dumpster you like nothing.
    And you will be like:
    "Ninja pwned me 100-0 in worse gear while i am on Striker? This can't be!!! Reddit and forums says my class is top tier!!! Must be that Ninjas gear that is OP!!!!"

"BDO PVP is trash!!!"

19. PandaPolishesPotatos

RBF is not the place to improve it's the place to stick your finger up your ass and do random **** for 15min to get 2mil.

20. Narkemo

Narkemo Narkemo Musa 61 NA

I can relate with this one, recently had someone flag on me when I was on my horse, knocked me off then grabbed. When I got back up he ran and turned PvP off. I couldn't chase since I was at 135% weight. I went to nearest town, reduced weight and returned. Asked him to fight again. He wouldn't flag when he was at a distance. Kept doing dash moves. Ended up walking to me, flagged, grabbed, AOE, ran. Then boasted how "good" he was. Whether I could beat him if he did not do this, is unknown since I was always grabbed at the start of the fight and nuked. My defence, I was not fighting back. Technically that is true, but since I asked to fight... I should have been prepared for all circumstances and he was the victor. Lesson learned, but don't boast if you have to do a cheap tactic to win. Yes, I do declare it a win for him as cheap a win as it was.