1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why nobody plays lahn?

Discussion in 'Lahn' started by BboydD, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Kuts2

Try Tamer. I don't know if it's worse than Lahn, but it's more squishy than my DK and I didn't think that was possible.

2. Blitzball

Try Archer , lol

3. Kuts2

Pretty much identical to DK. Which is squishy as ****. Just not as squish as tamer.

4. Tiamatis

Tiamatis Musa 62 EU

I fight rly often against lahns out there

5. bloodpuddle

bloodpuddle Lahn 62

i'm afraid to say it but i think lahn is actually one of the most popular classes atm

deepriver27 likes this.
  6. Blitzball

In NA ? Because i don't see many Lahns on EU RBF & Arsha, or even Mirumoks with randoms. She is far from popular.

The most popular class in the PVP environment is the Ninja. There are ALOT of Ninjas.:D

7. D-text

Thats strange. Do you see them in towns like afking ? its been weeks since i noticed any lahn i siege/nw or in miru

8. bloodpuddle

bloodpuddle Lahn 62

pve wise, arsha wise, battle arena wise, i see them a lot nowadays. i don't play nw/siege so i can't talk about that but i wouldn't expect them to be popular there. lahns excel in many other areas though which i think people are starting to catch on to.
    lahn is a class fantastic for being a solo bdo player.

Fateneko likes this.
  9. D-text

the question is how many of those lahn going more than softcap ? people are trying lahn, checking how to counter her and so on. If you playing lahn on 270+ then you will notice that she is lacking copule of things, which after some time makes you regret playing her

10. Lilith.

I to see allot more lahn's these days. But what makes lahn good imo is she is can do allot of things good but she is not the number one at anything. She is a good grinder, good 1vs1, good mobilty, good protections and good sustains. Combine this all and you have a solid class just not the best at one givin thing.

She also lacks in certian area's like 1vsx or long animation, damage somewhat on the low side. But if you like the class you can work around that.

11. Nabuch

Most versatile grinder
    Arguably best 1v1 in the game (infinitely easier to 1v1 compared to Ninja and Sorc, with similar results while stomping Warriors/Valks/Mystics/Strikers)
    BEST protections (most protected CCs out of all classes, by far, most protected SA CCs, most protected skills period)
    Damage... what? Lahn damage is absolute bonkers. Are you new to the game or just that undergeared?

Last 5 duels I had to waste my time on at Miru were against parties with a Lahn each. Also all new polish streamers I see have started with Lahn. Like... 5 in a row? Many people realized how good her PvE is and how good she feels mobility-wise. Most of the time anyone asks for a good class to start with, everyone says "Musa or Lahn".

12. Cyka

Cyka Guardian 62 NA

In NA Lahns are quite common. In my opinion they are one of the best grinders in the game. She may be squishy for end game mobs but if you are softcap dp (Urugons + Hooms) your fairy auto pot + hp regen is more than enough to sustain damage. As for Aakman you can go there with 220ap kutum as long as you are near softcap dp, I was able to grind there with around 280dp at the time. I grind Stars End and made mad bank when I played.

As for pvp once you hit 253/257 bracket you will have absolutely no problem wiping out someone with softcap dp in a 1v1 as long as you can pull off a double cc combo uninterrupted which is actually the first combo you will learn if you are in the Lahn Discord. Admittedly once you start dealing with large group pvp you will have to stay on the side, pick and choose a moment to strike on an unsuspected player, combo them then fly off and repeat or you will die.

#112 Cyka, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  13. Kyraios

Kyraios Sagaris Valkyrie NA

The one downside to her is that you can't cancel out of skills with long animations, but I guess if they give her cc on all of those skills then what does it matter.

Also pretty sure most classes stomp on warrior valk and now mystic considering they've been heavily nerfed :(

14. Tvvin

1:37

Oddly enough. This video says so otherwise from notable Valkyrie . Also whatever Warrior told you Warrior cant duel is very bad or lying to get buffs.

Warrior has a good matchup against every class in the game if he knows what hes doing . The biggest trouble Warrior can have is Lahn's grab .

15. Nabuch

1. Lahn having long animations is a ****ing myth. At my FPS with properly stacked AS buffs Tailspin->Vice is a follow up bomb. As for other skills like Bleeding Hearts? Just don't use it, wtf xD No one is telling you to use the skills with long animations. You can't say class has long animations just because there's a skill with long animation on a class. Even Mystic has longer animations. The skills that Lahn has that have long animations are 3 SA skills, Sacred Dance with SA KNOCKDOWN, and Sal'puri with SA FLOAT AND DP DEBUFF. You use them when you predict unprotected engage or to counter things like Sorc GRJ.

The problemw ith Lahns is that they want freaking Sorc-level speed of skill animation. Yeah, no. Just nerf the damn Sorc.

2. All 3 classes you mentioned stomp 1v1s and are top tier in 1v1/smallscale, maybe high tier, S tier being Sorc, Ninja and Tamer. Well, top tier Valk is like a high tier any other 1v1 class but still. I'm glad NA hasn't noticed potential of DR stacked hybrid Valk.

3. None of the classes you mentioned were heavily nerfed too. Mystic nerfs were NOTHING. Warrior/Valk change to LSA felt more like a fix, considering how ****ing broken OP they were before that. Valk especially was single most filthy class in the game. Good Valk was BETTER than MYSTIC ON RELEASE, with higher damage and better overall mobility and LSA. But it required HUNDREDS OF HOURS of training to be at this level, so it was fine. EU had maybe 5 Valks that were at this level. And even then they were saying they wouldn't be able to perform at this level on any other class.

16. Kyraios

Uhh mystic wolf's frenzy nerf literally destroyed the class. Yes they're still decent 1v1 but they've been nerfed HEAVILY.

Warrior and Valkyrie were DESIGNED with lingering super armor. Their whole skill set was based around that functionality so taking it away forces them to play passive. If you actually watch people like mchands, the dude spams unprotected **** left and right whereas a Lahn lingers SA CC.

1v1 warrior is in an amazing spot and this is because they can spam unprotected **** without worrying about getting ccd from the back but the class falls off small scale and large.

Valkyries 1v1 is okay, idk why you think they're high tier. It takes a lot of effort/risk for rewards. You can honestly just walk up to a valkyrie and grab her because she has 0 iframes. No iframes=no outplay potential especially with this servers shitty ping if you're not on west coast. And do you want to know why she has no iframes? Because she had LSA. Look at valkyrie before, fighting non grab classes was her strong suit. Now she struggles fighting maehwa, sorc, Dk because she literally has no sa CC that isnt her ultimate. Also good luck trying to do damage in small scale. Maybe if they removed CC off some skills and gave her SA she could actually cast a decent damaging skill without getting CCd. Again she has 0 SA CC.

17. reconkangas

Umm mystic was only good in pvp due to wolfs frenzy?!?!? She has been completely nerfed into the ground you say?
    I mean you really got me scratching my head here. I main a mystic have since she was brought out I have played other classes but the mystic is by far the class that is best tuned to my play style.

But to say she is no longer on top of the pile well that is a completely wrong. I can point out that removing invincibility from wolfs frenzy is a set back BUT not tha much if you know how to play her.

What can I say to many people run from OP class to OP class when in fact some of the strongest players in this game still play the same class warrior is a good example, ranger is another these classes have a requirement for GS to be affective in and pvp or GVG AS WELL AS SP and knowledge of other classes to actually be a good player.

What do I expect from people that dont stay long enough to learn a class becouse to me the Lahn is extremely effective in PVP you just have to know how to play it. And that I am afraid takes a very long time.

#117 reconkangas, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  18. Kyraios

I didn't say she was bad, I said she was decent in 1v1. She's definitely not top of the pile like how you make it out to be. Used to be? Yes.

Top mystics are actually talking about rerolling to just flat out better classes.

Also when you said some of the strongest players in the game play the same class and pointed out warrior, I'm pretty sure you're talking about mchands... who lives right next to the bdo server and abuses the desync.. Its been confirmed in the warrior discord that the higher the fps and lower the ping you can basically "desync step" through CCs because servers dont register hitting you because of how fast warrior skills are. Again, you need high fps low ping, and a lot of knowledge on the class in order to do this(which is what like 1% of all warriors?) But what do I know, I feel like I'm talking to people with barely any bdo pvp experience or just low end pvp players when I come to the forums.

19. reconkangas

The mystic has always been more of a 1v1 2v1 class. She does not excel at GVG player unless you toss massive DP on her and relegate her to CC duty.

what I say about being on top of the pile I am not stating she is #1 that is down to more broken classes such as the ninja, sorc or any class with heavy Iframes.

But what you are discussing is players using exploits to win a pvp battle, the specific exploit your discussing is used by other classes including Sorc. 80% of the players out there dont use the above. they play the game as intended with a wide range of GS and levels of not only character but also skill level in playing BDO.

BDO in itself is unique in gameplay and speed with the varying amounts of actions performed by many classes making it by far one of the best MMO'S out there. That said your gonna come across cheating in many different ways becouse some cant handle competition they have to win at all cost.

Would also like to point out that skill level of playing BDO should not include those looking for exploits. This also includes in what your considering those that are not interested in researching this as part of there LOW end player status. Not everyone plays at the level your discussing specifically once you reach 620+GS looking for an edge and switching classes to get there. This actually pisses me off even having to discuss it.

#119 reconkangas, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  20. Bnna

this is pretty much just bringing half knowledge and unqualified opinions to the masses. i thought exactly the same thing while wanting to reroll valk - that if some decent na valk puts it this way class is gonna be at least ok. so i invested some time into playing it but couldn't figure out a way to even stand a chance against decent players playing certain classes. so i watched more closely and realized that while that dude is claiming the valk to be strong he is not only getting smashed in most of his fights against decent players (except in his compilations), he is also pretty much suffering from exactly the same problems that i encountered while playing it. spoiler: he performs slightly worse then in the compilations when you watch the whole unedited versions.

also you get the feeling valk wins most of it's fights when somebody doesn't have enough damage to kill you through your high base stats. it is currently one of the strongest classes to play with ridiculous amounts of overgear, but for all the wrong reasons.