1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why on earth does forced PvP exist?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Aerethusa, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Aerethusa

If there's one thing that gets me to stop playing this game, that will be it.

I am struggling very hard to understand what the purpose is. If people want to kill each other, that's their own problem. What interest is served by forcing others into it?

Devs, as a general pointer, any mechanic that is only fun for one of the two parties involved in it, isn't a gameplay mechanic, it's facilitation of bullying.

2. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

It's a cashgrab mechanic instated to convince you to spend $30,000+ to get gear to be able to attack or defend. It's the carrot for whales to spend massive amounts of money enforcing their wallets onto others. That way they don't have to spend time and resources actually developing a actual game. They just have to develop a cash shop and barrier of power between whales/no-lifers and others.

It's very fun for the full PEN C-20 whales that spends $30,000+ to gain such power. That's the whole point of the game. It's easier to provide service for 5,000 whales than it is to actually develop a MMO for millions to have fun in.

It's the Korean game devs. business model of choice that is not just limited to BDO. You'll learn to either deal with it, or you'll learn to not play Korean games.

RedixArt and Vortexii like this.
  3. Larikal

Nah, open PvP exist bcs it is in the core of every grind-mmo like lineage, rappelz, or black desert. In game where you dont have 1293718947947128940 versions of the same farming location called dungeons you have to be able to kill other players to keep your spot.But yeah, i shouldnt wonder, next time someone will ask how he can plant carrots and someone else will answer "you know, its pretty clever mechanic for you to spend 1984170259 dolars". Its so depressing.

And about "facilitation of bullying" - im sorry to tell it to you, but there is no thing on the whole world that ALL humans would like. You may want to disable whole pvp... and other one may want it to be open pvp with droping full gear. And who is right? You? No, bcs second one would not be happy as you can take his spot and he cant do anything to you, so you are bullying him. Second one? No, bcs you will tell he is a bully.

Just look at something more than point of your nose and try to understand other point of view. As i mentioned before - if pvp would be optional what would stop you from going into middle of other player rotation and ruin it for him? Nothing. And what different it is from someone going to your spot and killing you? Its no difference.

4. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Because BDO is open world PVP game, and somehow you, almost 4 year with 1 post don't get it, but fear not, soon specially for you "Season servers coming out" so you, yes you, can enjoy all glory of "PVE game" with your "friends" on " your spot", where all 20 of you gonna have a funny party of "who kill mobs first. Cant wait to see this.

P.S. this post not trying to troll anyone, its just raw facts and explaining to "new" player that "soon" he can enjoy hes grind w/o being "bullied" or what ever they call, as i don't remember when i met someone on my spot, oh wait I'm not grind polly with 650GS.

5. reconkangas

BDO has forced PVP, but I can tell you this much that you could play this game and pretty much avoid it 90% of the time.
    Most not all but I would say 98% are becouse of grind spots. As a new player you need to learn rotations, you dont just jump into an area and start grinding away look 1st. Some spots I dont see people at for weeks on end.
    There are still red players BUT those are far and few, now that most players GS's are pretty high they run the risk of roaching there gear do to Neg karma status.
    The only major issue is if your in a troll guild or a karma bombing guild like a few I know that are constantly dec on by max number of guilds usually these guilds are constantly changing names and or disbanding.

Saigun, Rilok and IWalkAlone like this.
  6. Kozuka

Kozuka Ranger 62 EU

Because it makes the game better.

As for your ridiculous bullying argument, you lifeskilling in your house might be fun for you but not for me, therefore by safely lifeskilling you are bullying me out of the game
    [​IMG]

Distaken, Souda and IWalkAlone like this.
  7. Ungvi

Maybe play another game? This game is that way. Move along if it bothers you.

Saigun, Souda and IWalkAlone like this.
  8. Vortexii

Somehow after 4 years you still haven't figured out if 10 people want 1 area, PKing won't solve anything.
    I'll check back next decade and see if you figured it out yet.

9. Hypotermia

Hmm i can answer this question very effectively.

You know game called world of warcraft thats mainly PvE focused game? Obviously they would offer PvE servers. Now lets look at BDO. This is PvP game which means PvP should allowed to happen in any case now. If you don't like PvP game then i would recommend checking games that are not PvP games and play them.

Would be pretty much same as going to PUBG or any other BR and complain how you cant play against bots when the game is actually PvP. Lul

AZzalor, Saigun and IWalkAlone like this.
  10. Vortexii

I agree. The forums should be the same too. I should be able to say whatever the hell I want about you without any moderation. Would love to PVP with you here.

11. Waifu_Hunter

do you ever wonder what the people who "want to be left alone" are doing in the first place to get killed? If there's some sort of behavior in play that's instigating their death? I mean sure outside of arsha it's been tuned to the point where at worst they can get killed like, twice, before the other party has to grind karma or risk becoming red, tuned to the point where you can provoke someone to kill you for the purposes of making them red, but in general... From my perspective it's because they keep stalling my rotation by poaching from it and i have to turn my brain back on and stand around and wait and be reminded i'm wasting my life, but from their perspective it's always "I was killed for no reason!" even if I tell them to leave and they say "do something loser"

12. Factorial

As much as I don't really like the PVP schematics of BDO, are you really going to complain about the existence of PVP in and of itself in BDO after playing it for four years almost? Lots of us want PVE servers, but we don't want PVP to be completely deleted from the entire game. There are PVP minded folks, and there are PVE minded folks, we understand that those are equally important. I think a happy balance of both would be more beneficial to the game in terms of profits as well as catering to mainstream audiences which equals more money for the company. That way you have PVPers who are completely happy and PVE-ers who are happy as well.

Plus, there are severe penalties in place for people who abuse the PVP mode feature. That's why you don't see anyone going red for the most part, so OWPVP isn't that bad. Yes, it can be annoying when your goal is progress, but at least the abuse of it has several mechanics in place which forces people to think twice before going full douchebag mode.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  13. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

it is literally the base intention of this game.
    everyone is on his own, everyone can attack anyone everywhere,
    its a social experiment to see ppls true character and behaviour if they sit behind the anonymity of a screen.

besides that it has nice mechanics, graphics and content such as lifeskills, knowledges etc etc etc

but if you are in a conflict with the PK system, then BDO will not be your game.... never.

either look for a peacefull mmo or grow a thick skin ;)

(and just on the side. but psssssht, dont tell enyone ;)
    the most agressive and salty loud barkin dogs, are mostly harmless ;) they just cant handle their mediocre state in the game and then the bully the even lower)

go get your way, grind money, liefeskil money, get some decent gear and you'll see, its not that bad as it seems ;)
    once you pass the "salty screaming pleb "pros", you wil have a pretty chil life here ;)

and now i cant wait for the hate il get on that comment from exactly those players xD

RedixArt, AZzalor and IWalkAlone like this.
  14. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

cause kiddies need to push their ego and show how nice their NInja class is lol... no worries there big discussions going on right now for pvp level cap adjustment.

15. Vortexii

Can we just agree that response is a bit pathetic? It literally only addresses one side as if it's always the other player causing the harm. Iv'e spend many hours grinding a location and been attacked repeatedly all day/night. Players simply wanting to take a spot that was already camped. How dishonest of you to leave out that type of scenario.

What are you afraid to be honest about reality and how the game works? Both situations happen.

16. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Sounds like an OWPVP games aren't for you then and this is OWPVP game.

AZzalor and IWalkAlone like this.
  17. woots

Because forced pvp is a leftover of the original PA idea, but their initial plan changed so much to that BDO become a pve mmo with pvp mode apart
    While they never really cared about the "forced pvp" since then, so it end to provide the stupidiest "owpvp" you could want. ( and that not speaking about how they manage the unbalance between player with gear score, so having the forced pvp where player progress because that game have like... nothing else )

In the current situation of the game, that forced pvp have nothing to do in BDO as game system, despite having a part of the players """liking""" to use that
    Even tho, i really question most of players motivation to use it, and i feel they use it more as mean to ( in their idea ) solve the bad grind spot management, than using it because its fun to "pvp" in the open world

I ofc can be wrong but, imho, PA would rework grind spot / income ( loot, xp, sp ) in a way that grind spot could welcome far more player than now without hinder everyone progression, no one would use that "forced pvp" anymore.

#17 woots, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  18. Katsunosuki

So server hop?

19. Waifu_Hunter

calling me pathetic and dishonest is pretty much what i expect from other people in this game tbh, idk if it's supposed to shame me but from my point of view its just salt and I love my diet high in sodium so thank you.

20. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 62 EU

Maybe you should move to single player games instead of playing competetive multiplayer games.

Mmo without pvp? Maybe in Farmville

Distaken likes this.