1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why on earth does forced PvP exist?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Aerethusa, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

Are you memeing or are you serious by trying to say BDO is one of the "competitive multiplayer game"? Because let me tell you BDO is as anti-competitive as it can be. Simple dumb luck and IRL cash influence too much of the game to even try to say it's a "competitive multiplayer game".

Last I check...
    - There are people who one tap PEN at less than 60 FS, while others can't even TET on a 110 FS.
    - There are people who drops like multiple Vells hearts, while others who've shown up everytime have nothing to show for it.
    - There are people who spend so much money in the game. That they are untouchable to like 99% of the playerbase.
    - Class balance is so bad that some classes get a license to kill, while others are just punching bags.

So what's your next step? Telling me that you need to reroll to a FoTM class. And either spend 15,000 hours or $40,000 to be competitive in BDO? That would make you look silly.

Nope that's not how competitive multiplayer games work. In competitive multiplayer games, everyone gets the same chance to win based on their in-game skills. That is not the case with BDO.

TL/DR Again BDO being a game where Player A can luck out and get full PEN before Player B gets one PEN with the same time and effort. Then if both players are at the same skillset fight, Player A will just PUB Stomp Player B. That's not competitive, that's anti-competitive.

woots, RedixArt and Factorial like this.
  2. Myntiix

Lmao, are you for real? Never seen so much bs in a single comment.

AZzalor likes this.
  3. skuko1980

clearly this is not the game for you, because you vehemently disagree with one of the core and fundamental mechanics of the game.

i would like to suggest to look for a different title that will satisfy your needs.

AZzalor likes this.
  4. MaxineUK69

Sorry to burst your bubble, but every PK I have had so far has been either coming out of a safe zone, while saying hi to someone, while fishing or gathering herbs.

Not once has any of the PK's been in grinding areas.

I go out my way to avoid grinding areas, and people in general as most just act like total f*ckwits.

Not complaining, I knew from previous PK games this would be the case.

But if I do get PK'd in a grinding area at some point, I'll just keep going back to deliberately f*ck up their rotations, and I'll do it for hours on end out of pure spite just because I know it's the only thing they give a sh*t about.

More than 1 way to win a war even if ya lose every battle in the process.

RedixArt and Factorial like this.
  5. Vortexii

Oh did you not read the explicit examples pointing out exactly what is wrong with your statements?

Maybe you were a bit to.......... Salty?

6. TidusFTW

i wish they would remove Karma loss so i can kill crying pve noobs like you :D

7. DafuqYouLookinAt

Idk why some people act like this is the first MMORPG ever that has non-consensual owpvp.

There's even mobile games that also have owpvp non-consensual + safe zones.
    I just recently started playing Dragon Raja just for chill days away from PC and there's a few red-named players wandering around but still "very rare" just like here in Black Desert.

All I'm sayin is, it's really not that bad.
    It can easily be a nuisance but coming across random players who PK over & over for no reason are such an occasion.

AZzalor likes this.
  8. Vortexii

How do you stay so informed and up to date on the status of BDO?

9. Waifu_Hunter

I'm not sure what you mean by explicit, are you using words you understand?

10. reconkangas

I really honestly don't get it, are you in a guild that is at war? this would be my 1st guess because you are ether one of the most unlucky player in this game OR by your ending statement "But if I do get PK'd in a grinding area at some point, I'll just keep going back to deliberately f*ck up their rotations, and I'll do it for hours on end out of pure spite just because I know it's the only thing they give a sh*t about."

If the above is what you believe then chances are is you have greatly pissed off people that are willing to search for you (hooded man) and wait for you to come out of safe zones. my impression of how your talking is that you are a karma bombing troll, i mean no offense but it is what it sounds like to me. Because we have life skillers in our guild that ONLY life skill as well as our previous guild and never get killed except when we are at war then usually those players we have swap to different servers. i have never heard of people just sitting and waiting outside of safes zones constantly killing life skillers, opportunistic sure like standing outside of Heidel in the middle of the road as your heading to Velia one of the most traveled paths in this game i can see the occasional player flagging and killing someone but not to just wait that is a complete waste of time for 90% of the player base.

11. Kosugi

I'm glad it exists as it adds danger to ow. I just wish PA implemented a mechanic allowing only players within certain lv/gear thresholds to engage with each other in pvp.
    I dont want ow pvp removed as I think it's great I just want to be engaging and to be engaged by similar lv/geared opponents.

12. Nelkuran

Unfortunately, the only people who could answer that question truthfully are far away, speak a different language, and don't look at this forum. I can only guess at their reasons, but none of them are any good. At best they were incompetent, at worst they hate the playerbase and/or get off on misery.

13. PeanutButterSandwich

You are immune to PKers, if you stay level 49 and do not complete the quests To Level 50! Go Beyond Your Own Limits or To level 50! Giant Catfishman Qoobe. I am still hoping for separate PvE servers, but it may not ever happen.

14. sajdas

Sound a bit weird that forced pvp happens to you so often (or that what i understood from the post)
    Usually players wont randomly kill you unless you are either:
    - pissed them off in grind spots
    - in arsha server
    - your guild at war with them (which caused most of the times because of reason 1).

If war is the problem you can ask your guild master to give you "protection" - this allow you to not be part of the guild wars and if someone want to kill you, he will have to force pvp and lose karma for it (and basically get nothing from it since pvp death means nothing)

15. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

you forgot #4:
    You are a well known griefer. There are quite a few people that will remember players that regularely grief and if they see them, they will kill them.

Imo players should think more about consequences of trashtalking or griefing other players as it can lead to being on blacklists for good guilds or tons of people being pissed about you so they kill you on sight.

16. sajdas

Technically you can put it under #1

17. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Well it doesn't have to be on grindspots ^^

18. sajdas

Guess you are right, my bad for adding "grind spots" ^^

19. Columba

Yeah, I’ve been called that for years simply for refusing to leave a grind spot when I was there first! Lol, people swore they’d permanently hunt me. It never happened.

20. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Ofc nobody botheres with a griefer like this, but that doesn't mean that you won't get killed if they recognize you.
    I have a few on my list that pissed me off a lot and if i ever see any of them, they are instantly dead.