1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why our Community team isn't talking to us, and why we have these issues.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Roxies, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Roxies

"Pearl Abyss simply has no idea what's going on."

Kakao works as the publishing team, and pretty much tailor's the game's cash shop, manages the servers (leaseweb), and handles community feedback/management of the NA/EU servers. I began to grow suspicious of this being the case during that time period where the servers were so significantly awful, that people began blowing up the KR livestreams with the issue, around the time of the "LOLNAPROTESTS". Before then, we've had our fair share of issues, and communicated said issues to Kakao, in an attempt to fix these issues. After LITERALLY MONTHS of the same issues occurring repeatedly (Leaseweb again), and the months of "It's your ISP, not us", it finally came to a head where Kakao came out and made a public statement on the subject, and tried to mend broken fences. This seemed oddly out of character to me, as this would be the first time there was some level of ownership on an issue by Kakao, and really irked me.

https://community.blackdesertonline...ver-issue-resolution-and-compensation.105948/

With this in mind, I decided to kind of dig around, and came to find out, after speaking to some Korean players, that they helped bring awareness to the issues by posting about the issue on Invenglobal. While at the time we didn't really know how PA garnered feedback from the KR playerbase, we now know that they look towards Invenglobal as they stated during the Oasis Festival.

We went from "You guys should check your ISP, we're not going to replace lost gems because of YOUR ISP", to "We're sorry, here's a statement, here's what you lost, take it, also take these blessings, and other compensations we're sorry guys PLEASE WE'RE SORRY", in such a short amount of time, it really leads me to the conclusion that PA gave them a swift kick in the ass after they found out what was going on. As a Developer, Pearl Abyss has expectations that need to be met, and Kakao needs to meet these. The fact that we're still dealing with several issues that we've been dealing with for over a YEAR really speaks volumes to how very poorly our version of BDO is managed.

Here's what I propose; Go above Kakao's head. Go straight to the top, make our concerns known. It's very clear that Kakao doesn't give a **** about doing that they're supposed to do, and feel they could coast on by without meeting a reasonable set of expectations. The GM/CM's don't even play the game (Sweep chimney's for energy, Seraps from Pila Ku, etc), they don't know ANYTHING about the game, and they don't plan to familiarize themselves with the game.

Here's a gem that popped up today regarding the "Gloomy Fox Pet"
    [​IMG]

This is RIDICULOUS. This is a ****ing supervisor, who didn't even look at the ticket. What kind of customer support is this ****?

Here are the ways we need to reach out to Pearl Abyss.
    Directly through their website - https://www.pearlabyss.com/ir
    Through Invenglobal - http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4166
    Spam their streamers - https://www.twitch.tv/hyuckbong /https://www.twitch.tv/apple3574 (Bong and Doki repsectively)

Get your voices heard, hold Kakao accountable.

Pook600, Unspeakable, Arvalo and 31 others like this.
  2. Vadgebender

State of the game

Attached Files:

#2 Vadgebender, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Edremis, Cloudaye, mirg and 1 other person like this.
  3. Randodom

Randodom Kunoichi 49 EU

Magic thread where posts just disappear :D

4. Dremlock

shame. although ruthless, the post was very well written

5. Echoa

This threads amazing, posts come in but not out.

I've found the black hole of the internet

I like this policy of censoring opinions they don't like, very productive and builds surprising levels of player confidence.

6. Narsi

i feel like we enter into WAR or somthing ... most topics are moved or deleted... wtf is this ?

7. Dremlock

a dictatorship

Cruornex, Lilith., Whito and 3 others like this.
  8. Viragos

Why didn't you include what you said in the ticket? It's not like there might be missing context or something.

Unspeakable and Saccharin like this.
  9. Narsi

whent this started ?

iam quite some time here around, but this is just ... i would use some strong words but ... i cant find words rly.

10. Randodom

Randodom Kunoichi 49 EU

Well there is no pet called "Gloomy Fox" so it actually doesn't really even matter unless he said "Pet" in his ticket lol

Dunkleosteus, Cloudaye and Thelemna like this.
  11. Echoa

Even asking a simple question from support gets you an asinine answer from a troglodyte that didn't even read it. Idk if you've dealt with their support yet but I'll tell you, it's definitely a surprising level of dense. What he said, while would be nice to see, is largely irrelevant because the results the same

Pook600, Mana_Mafia and Cloudaye like this.
  12. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

I always said, screw trying to talk to Kakao, go straight to PA as these guys cant do jack squat and wont anyway. Here's hoping our KR friends will reach them for our sake.

Fire of likes this.
  13. LuciDSouL

Hahahah they called the costume . Gloomy pet im Ded.

Roksuu, Cloudaye, iller and 1 other person like this.
  14. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Honestly, we need to take drastic measures at this point. Someone posted the email of PA at one point. Everyone should just plea to PA to change our publisher, or lay down on Kakao one way or another. Even me, who usually defends kakao as they are at mercy of PA pretty much, says they need to get their shiet together.

15. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Seraph Ranger 61 NA

Why would you say something so brave, yet so controversial.

Perhaps they fear what they have created. They hide in their castles waiting for salvation.

16. Viragos

It would also be nice to see the date it was submitted because the costume has only been available during halloween and someone hired outside that time frame probably wouldn't know it exists.

17. Andaro

Ambassador

Considering the way the majority of you act on the forum, I wouldn't want to converse with you either.
    So I can't blame them at all for not being as chatty as they used to be.

Clean yourselves up first. Then perhaps they'll be more talkative.

18. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

I totally agree with you. Kakao is garbage, and the people they hire (the GMs/CMs and even the volunteer moderators) are awful as well. No effort on their part to reach out to us, the community, to foster a sense of "we care" and "we listen to you." Instead you have a bunch of clowns who don't even play the game and instead sift through the forums and mysteriously/rudely delete posts or threads that they personally do not like, even when its not necessarily against the ToS.

Kakao barely makes an effort to reach out to us as well or take in our feedback or advice. There is no sense on their part that they are even making an effort for us to get our feedback and opinions heard by Pearl Abyss. Instead they ignore us and take their precious time when it comes to solving issues, like the ongoing battle regarding the terrible servers would be one example. Meanwhile they're increasingly loading the pearl shop with more and more borderline pay to win items, and they're letting their GMs slack off and every once in awhile hold stupid events such as "date a GM" for their own personal amusement I suppose. Why would I want to date a GM when I have such a terrible impression of all of them? And I don't even know who they are. Like I said, they lack presence in the game and they lack presence on the forum and their only presence is the occasional post or deleting threads, moving threads, and of course deleting posts whenever they feel like it. This forum is poorly constructed in that regard. In other forums at least it tells you that your post was deleted! And even which moderator was responsible for it. Here you have none of that. Someone commented that it is a dictatorship and that's exactly what it is (:

Not to mention them screwing us over entirely with the whole Bladeboques debacle and more of that nature. When that occurred I had lost all respect or consideration for Kakao as a company.

I've personally had enough of this as well. I would like nothing more than to have Kakao removed as our publisher ^_^.

19. Waifu_Hunter

Just because they deleted it doesn't mean I didn't save it and document their reaction for use in the future.

20. Serimorph

Rumour is that Kakao doesn't have anyone that can translated from/to Korean so they can't communicate with PA or send feedback, which is why it feels so useless to complain anymore. Which really is a fantastic idea right? Manage a game with foreign developers and have a publisher that doesn't even speak their language. Kakao has never been good at running BDO and that has seemingly gotten worse with CMs/GMs just flat out being completely ignorant of the game and it's mechanics entirely. They have never communicated with us and despite all their early assurances that they would never allow certain items in our game since it would break the balance they want, it seems they can't even follow their own words anymore so in those items are flowing.

With all this in mind, remind me how is it it's better to have Kakao run our version than have PA do it themselves? P2W controversial aspects are exactly the same and seem to be getting worse for us and the we don't even get the trade off of us actual having competent management and good servers.

flukeSG2 likes this.