1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why pay to win?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by easypr0, Aug 5, 2019.

1. WinterMilla

What makes the definition B.S?

2. Solo_Tyrant

Time will tell? So the present isn't enough for you? The money is there and keeps going in.
    What you're noting is the vocal minority and clickbaiters on social media just fanning flames.

Out of the 250k registered members on the forums were are there a select few complaining day in, day out? The same people saying the same things in dozens of threads. Why aren't they using the delete feature on their account page? Time is telling. Certain kinds of people don't understand business or the reality of this world. For some reason those people want video game to subvert capitalism, inflation, and be morally pure. You should write to you local government over how all products are designed to have a planned obsolescence and how upgrades/add-ons are monetized. Tell them how mean big business is.

I can only imagine the anti-capitalism rhetoric and mental gymnastics you people would toss out if TCGs and old school arcades were you chosen hobby.

Gun_Runner likes this.
  3. Dalenos

Actually, I am pro-capitalism, I am not against it but companies are getting exceeding greedy. You can keep white knighting and been fanboi keep defending companies that are ripping you off.

#363 Dalenos, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Kynreaa and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  4. Catastigma

its hypocrite, Capitalist is all about infinite greed without ethic and morale.
    the accumulation is the ultimate goal,the one and only value of success.

It is useless to try to settle a beasts designed to destroy and reign. The preceding civilizations are proof of the perpetual crises of capitalism, Overproduction, over-consumption, Land that does not provide, that does not renew itself, and creates famine and conflic that finish to a total destruction and a massive population movement..

All greatess actual capitalist and politic work(Club Bilderberg) on a *After Capitalist*

Because capitalism is incompatible with environmental considerations.
    free competition, undistorted (without regulation) its another Main rule of the capitalist system.
    where production takes precedence over human rights, quality of life. All of it for the ultimate sacrosanct Concurence and the eternal and global accumulation of resources and property by an absolute minority.
    An infinite production in a finite world to the resource that this rarify more and more ...
    Not for nothing that all the countries of the world invested in the after oil and the after coal.

This ideology can not last long. To already prove is lack of realism. like a religion, believe in what does not exist. And yes, there are alternatives. There is no dogmatic god in real life.
    And no. I am not Communist. Keep your fantasy on me for you.

I am utilitarian. the well being of the living is more important than the capital. more important than a consanguineous minority interest. The capital can not be eaten.
    And capital does not exist if there is no living. The capital is a illusion, a God.

And the living dont need a god. It wants to live.

#364 Catastigma, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  5. WinterMilla

People don't delete their accounts simply because they still are kinda hopeful. There are many people in this very thread/forums who quit long ago yet hand around waiting for things to change. Its not wrong to want change, its up to the people to recognize if and how change is needed.

Just because something makes money doesn't make it right. Just because we need oil doesn't mean it make it right to drill holes into the ground causing sink holes to form.

Another thing to not is that people tend not to quit on MMos and other games even tho it makes them angry not because its exactly fun, but rather when everything is the same whats the point. If I quit BDO, what game would I go to? Surely I could chose another MMo, but over time almost with great certainty will become one. Now i will agree money talks more then words, but I never got why people supported companies that do this, especially ones like EA. For a company that is constantly in the news about the horrid things it does to players and employees to still be in business is one of lives greatest mysteries. Then again if you stave a man long enough, he too will eat raw food.

Reyer likes this.
  6. Gun_Runner

Gun_Runner Gun_Runner 62 NA

Yep, week after week every patch note has the same people complaining about almost every change and every event.

7. WinterMilla

Because they break things almost every other patch.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  8. Gun_Runner

And since they have been posting early patch notes lately most complaints are posted before servers are even up. Actually most complaints are not from things they may have broke in game with that patch or the patch before.

I mean PA is far from perfect, under any light. But the dozen or so people posting complaints on almost everything is not much better. It makes it appear as if some people complain just to complain.

BTW; that can have the opposite effect as intended on both the community and the company. I know I have a few people on my ignore list just cause I was tired to see all the drama everyday.

9. WinterMilla

I think its fine to complain. If you are upset about something complaining is the natural response.

As far patch notes goes, people want the next patch to contain a fix that should have been here 5 patches ago. Its like if there was a feature/bug that is in the way of you progressing or enjoying the game, you want the problem gone as soon as can be. Thing is we don't hear from the CM's down here that much to start with (Not saying they can really do much as they are limited to what they know and can do). I always find it odd that we are monitored by KaKao, but monetized by PA.

10. Gun_Runner

I think the CM's respond well here. How many times should they tell us the issue has been passed on to the devs, it is not their fault if they get no information to give back to us. And a lot of the complaints really don't involve things that broke, except class balancing. But I don't think there is a balance everyone will be happy with there. Most the complaints are for things we don't have yet that KR does. Biggest example, I bet all the CM's and PA knows people want Manos in NA/EU at this point. Voicing your concern is one thing... doing so excessively can have negative results. Maybe I am just old fashion but that's my thoughts.

11. Lord_Xenon

First P4C don't advance you. That's P2A.
    Second it don't reduce difficulty. Just make things more handy. Increase comfort. Convenience really.

12. WinterMilla

It doesn't reduce the difficulty by makes things more comfortable. But when you make something more comforting you make it easier to do. Like a dish washer, you don't need one but having one makes washing more comforting as you don't need sit over a sink all day.
    P2C,P2W,P2A(Still funny the term i just came up with is being used against me), its all the same. Let me put it this way One is a cause, one is an action, one is an effect. They are just playing with the wording to make it seem as if its something different.
    Loot boxes = surprise mechanics
    Enhancing = surprise gear
    Grinding = Surprise drop rate

Korvgubben likes this.
  13. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

Its kinda funny that we get to see p2w threads 3 years after launch, and an obviously p2w cash shop (silver converter hello ???).

Yet, for some, its not.

Hey no wonder that game wont change at all.

zhagsten, Korvgubben, 2Cents and 2 others like this.
  14. Ben Phoenix

"Why is this game so pay to win?"

Cause:

“Greed is a fat demon with a small mouth and whatever you feed it is never enough.”
    ― Janwillem van de Wetering

15. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

I just call em Trump supporters. People like that.....just, exist.

16. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

lets play a game..... count the activities in game that arent boosted by using pearl shop.

17. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

Wont take long.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  18. SweetsDealer

I don't get it. Why is this topic still popular? Why are you people crying about when most of you will log back into the game again?
    This is exactly like politics, "oh, our goverment did something bad, lets cry on social media, because that will help"
    Nothing will change, they have a team of professionals hired to deal only with the pearl shop items, prices, marketing and everything.
    We will see a change when players will actually do something. When the playerbase will drop by 50% in a few weeks-months they will reconsider the prices.
    Until then, you guys can cry as much as you want on the forum, nothing will change.
    Wanna see a change? Start a movement, gather players that won't buy anything or they won't login into the game for 2 months.
    To do something like that you need at least half of the playerbase, and if you think about it that's impossible.
    So, see you in game champs, stop crying on the forum for attention :) have fun or look for a NON-P2WIN game, if there is any these days.

#378 SweetsDealer, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Gun_Runner likes this.
  19. WinterMilla

an edgy reply for and edgy profile pic
    Its important to make threads like these from time to time as it keep reminding people just how much is wrong in a game. Sure, we can not say anything and be quiet, but then again its that kinda thinking how we have gotten so far into the rabbit hole. I can think of how to get around the P2W and know a few methods myself, but that doesn't help anything. Take infinite stacking in on a horse for example, its a exploit that never got patch out. PA doesn't exactly endorse this, but know fixing it now will have a huge back lash. New players wont know this until they run into a guide that will tell them or a guild mate (surprise not everyone knows about it). Also these threads are to show you how all of your so called 'work' is just artificially there and can be undermined in only a few short moves i mean swipes.
    You create awareness, then you create understanding, then you push for change. You cant just see a problem and be one voice saying "wait a min something isn't right here", if the group thinks everything is just fine.

Call it crying or whining , but at the end of the day if we make the change happen then you will still reap the benefit.

20. Solo_Tyrant

Just because some people make a statement doesn't make that statement true automatically. By you logic there are also people saying it isn't p2w. Both claims can't be true, yet there are people stating both things.
    Saying that the Pearl Shop is "obviously p2w" is another opinion trying to passed off as fact.